Project Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Roleplay

A forum where good RP is born

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon

Go down 
+2
Comixtheinsane
Kaos105
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:11 am

"Damnit....this has gone far enough" Kyuba said out loud as he stalked off to find Lucas. He first checked the childrens room but all he found was Michiko fretting over the children. "I see...Lucas isn't here....good...Michiko I have half a mind to slap you across the face...but Instead I will tell you this..." He looked at sophia's face filled with pure terror at him. He sighed and grabbed Michiko and grudgingly pulled her out of the room. In a hushed tone he continued. "Those children are not coming to war with us...that is the end of it..no protest...I know you think that bringing children to a damn warzone is safer then leaving them in the hands of...what do you say...oh right....Murderers....who will take care of these children...but shiiras balls woman...IM THE PSYCOPATH....and even I know whats better for those kids....shouldn't you..." Kyuba stormed off without waiting for a reply.

"Computer...locate biosignature Lucas Wynne." A dot appeared on a holomap device on Kyub'a arm. "Ah...strange place for a make out session..." He stormed through the door of the room and found Lucas huddles against a wall. He walked over to him and forced him to his feet. The slap echoed throughout the tiny room long after it had connected. "NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO BREAK DOWN YOU FOOL....YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE OF US WITH EVEN A SEMBLANCE OF SANITY....IT IS TIME YOU STARTED USING IT....now shape up....or I will take command of this unit and push those damn children out an airlock along with anyone who tries to stop me and then I will go and fight this damn war MYSELF!"
Back to top Go down
https://projectroleplay.rpg-board.net
Comixtheinsane

Comixtheinsane

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:17 am

Zero wandered the halls of the ship grinning madly. He was on auto-pilot. On the inside things were a bit tense.

"So Zach what will you do now? I have the body for the moment. The things I could do to your precious comrades? Hm?" Zero asked as he walked around the curled up Zach.

"Maybe I should just betray them? End this pathetic game?" He asked looking Zach in the face. The dead eyes that looked back into the insane ones reflected nothing.

"You wouldn't. You find those were fighting weak. You hate the weak. You have Zero Tolerance for them right?" Zach's monotone voice responded.
Zero smiled wickedly.

"That's right!" Zero sang in a high pitched voice.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:23 am

The sting of Kyuba's slap and his piercing words slammed right into his heart. Was this how his career would end? Backed against a wall in a hidden room on a ship, with his XO sweeping control out from under him?

After everything he had done? All the sacrifices he had made? Was this it?

No. Lucas Wynne was a fighter. Always had been.

Always would be.

With one mighty shove, he knocked Kyuba away and finally lost control.

"Get your damn hands off of me Genrei! In case I didn't make it perfectly clear, I was just psychologically assaulted by one of my own subordinates! I came in here attempting to make peace, and was repaid with attacks on my character and my very ethics! So you'll excuse me if I'm not in the best of moods!"

Slowly making his way forward, Lucas let his hair fall over his face as he stood beside Kyuba, almost seeming to stand over him were it not for the fact that Kyuba held the greater height.

"So unless you WANT to fight this war all on your own, I suggest you get your ass in gear and remember who your commanding officer is! Have I made myself perfectly clear?" He asked, a cool, direct, yet forceful tone in his voice, one that would send chills down the spines of most any who knew Lucas on a personal basis. One of his most important tenants was that a commanding officer does not control his unit through rank. He gains their trust, and they grow as a family. It was a moral instilled in him by his commanding officer, and it was one he rarely ever strayed from.

Today however, was a rare day in the Sonarqa Nebula.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:45 am

Kyuba snapped a salute. "Yes sir...Follow me to the council meeting."

-Once again in front of the council -

The head councilor looked down upon them. "As is custom...we give you a chance to say any last words...you have the floor...Lieutenant Wynne
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:56 am

Lucas nodded and took a step forward. With new vigor in his mind and body, and a drink Kyuba had gotten for him before they entered, Lucas was once more at his prime.

"Ladies and gentlemen of this honorable Council, I believe I have made my piece as effectively as I can in our short time together. I have brought forward evidence and details which show that in order for the Coalition to reunite and stand under a strong front, Alpha Squad must be at its helm. But this is not enough, our mission requires, resources, finances, soldiers and a mode of transportation. Make no mistake ladies and gentlemen, we are not simply making a statement, we are fighting a war." Lucas looked up to the head councillor with a smile.

"And I don't know about you, Councilor, but this is one war I intend to win. The question you all must ask yourselves is: Is this war going to be fought and won with the strength and fear brought by the mighty forces of Shi'ira? Or some other, less worthy organization, who believes they can get the job done. Make no mistake, we are dealing with odds some would call impossible, but to me? The things I have seen? With all due respect, Council, My team and I have defied the impossible every day for the last year, and from what I have gathered, this magnificent organization has been doing so for decades. Here is a chance to make another impossible victory possible in the name of Shi'ira."

Lucas graciously nodded and stepped back into formation beside Kyuba.

"You are getting me another drink after this, I REALLY need it."
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:17 am

Aye Commander...I will take it from my own private stock...

The head councilwomen stood and spoke with a voice that was calm and collected. "Thank you Lucas Wynne...We have come to a decision. We decide to..." She looked at Kyuba ever so slightly, Kyuba glared back an evil smile on his face. He had the woman cowed. "Support you...you will be given a Command ship capable of providing resources for you. You will also receive one Battalion of our finest forces as well as any additional food and ammunition you may need."

The council began to adjourn but stopped as Kyuba cleared his throat. A look of dread came across Agnes' face. She knew what he was about to request...nay...demand...and she had no power to stop it. In fact she had hoped he would forget.

Follow...My....Lead....

"Ahem....distinguished council....As you know is my right by rank status and Commander....I request,not that I need to I am being polite mind you, that my Legion be returned to my full command for this Mission."

Agnes frowned as she replied, "Father Kyuba...you know that those troops are already stationed on other assignments...without them those assignments may fail."

"Oh bullshit Agnes....they are MY troops by BLOOD RIGHT....i demand they be returned to me...all 6 battalions 10 cruisers and my Flagship the Hellion....If your other missions....cannot handle it without them then those troops deserve to die and those missions deserve to fail and you deserve to be executed for YOUR weakness....Good Day" He turned and left the council meeting.

Lucas lead him to his suite and invited him inside. The place was massive, three stories and coated in solid gold. He sat Lucas at a table and poured him a strong but tasty drink. "Here...as promised...now sit and tell me what the hell is going on...We have a few days before Hells Dominion arrives in full force...until then I'm all ears..."
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:31 am

Lucas smiled as he lifted the drink, smelled it, and took a strong sip, once more he could feel his vitality returning to him, and with it, his faculties.

"Honestly Kyuba, I'm not entirely sure myself. Something's happened, and she's more volatile than ever before. The children have agreed to stay behind for basic training, along with whatever else your unit can get them. Once we have liberated Michiko's homeworld and begun to build a stable base of trust there, I suggest we make a more permanent base of operations which others can gather behind. THIS is when the children come back to us, now having more experience in the field of combat and in the art of war, and will be able to assist us in other ways aside from being on the battlefield, and along with that, providing Michiko with a factor to help keep her sanity in tact."

Lucas took another swig of the drink and sighed.

"Once I dealt with the kids I needed to talk to her, she'd hidden herself away in that room you found me in."

He looked up at Kyuba, shock and concern on his face.

"She looked awful Kyuba. She was an absolute wreck. She kept shutting me down every time I tried to talk to her and figure out what was happening, then suddenly, she just kisses me! Like it was no big deal, she steals a kiss from me, then tries to go back to business as usual..."

Lucas looked to the lights up above with a light chuckle.

"Believe it or not, Kyuba, I wasn't that popular with the ladies back home. I was always the nerdy type, trying to help my family make ends meet, never really had time for any of that."

He gently swirled the drink in his hand before taking another swig.

"That kiss Michiko stole? It was my first. And she won't even tell me why she did it."
Back to top Go down
Comixtheinsane

Comixtheinsane

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:44 am

Zero wandered some more until he got bored. This was a death cults ship surely there had to be something fun for Zero. He realized he should just ask.

'Kyuba i have a question. On this ship is there a training area or something for your troops that i could go to? maybe strengthen your churches soldiers by showing them their weakness? i promise i won't kill anyone. Well unless they try to kill me first.' Zero ask in a sickeningly sweet voice. He even almost sounded sincere when he said that he wouldn't kill anyone. Well he kinda was as long as nobody tried to kill him he wouldn't kill anybody.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:58 am

You and I both know that anything to do with the church and...training...ends in death...volunteering in our games will only force you to kill which will require you to join the church...or worse upset Michiko further...why don't you put on your compassion pants and see how Sophia is doing...she misses her Uncle Zero...I cannot risk any drama being caused with the way things are...you will have plenty of choices to blow off steam soon...

Kyuba sat down and started drinking his own concoction. "Lucas...women are women....all I can really tell you is do not let it affect your judgment any more than it already has..." He put his hand on his friends shoulder. "I know you face a large burden...but whatever it is that Is affecting you and her..you need to put it aside...there will be time to deal with it after the war. If we liberate the planet...we will be able t use it as not only our base but a place for children displaced by this war..."
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:06 am

Lucas scoffed at the notion of a "situation" between Michiko and himself.

"Honestly Kyuba, I just want to know what's bothering her. I look at each member of Alpha Squad like a member of the family I had to leave behind. Romance just complicates things even further than they already need to be, and right now we don't have time for that. SOMETHING has pulled her to the edge of the abyss, and if we don't stand beside her and help her, we are going to lose her."

Lucas looked Kyuba dead in the eye, a face unlike any Lucas had ever used before.

"You know that I would die for every single member of this team Kyuba. Every waking moment I have I will devote to making sure Alpha Squad lives, and it will absolutely destroy me if any member of this team is lost along the way. We've made it through too much together as it is..."

Lucas looked down at his drink, lost in thought for a moment, and then back to his friend.

"She saved my life, Kyuba. Three times in less than a month, she saved my life. It's time I return the favor."
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:15 am

Kyuba sighed as he took another big swig. "Then what are you doing here drinking with me....I never knew you and Zero shared the same past time of running away from your problems using the drink to take it all away..." He knew that one would burn but he knew Lucas also needed a prod and this was the best way he could do it.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:25 am

Lucas let out a roaring laugh. By now he was back in full swing of his faculties, and was able to see a jab when he knew one.

"Actually, this last couple of days is the first time I've had anything to drink since I left Eden 13. Every year Zach tries to get me to come celebrate the homeworld with him, but I always turn him down."

Smiling as he put down his glass, still half filled, Lucas patted Kyuba on the shoulder as he stood up and walked to the door.

"Truth be told, I hate the stuff."

Looking back once more as he reached the doorway, Lucas smiled.

"Thank you Kyuba, for everything."

With this, he smiled and made his way out of the room.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go clear things up with our Medical Officer!"
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Michiko listened to Sophia recount what Lucas talked to her about. "He didn't tell me that last part." She thought once Sophia got to the part about training and rejoining them. "Not that I gave him the chance to." When Kyuba came in he only drove the point home further. A deluge of guilt flooded her.

She turned back to Sophia, taking her hand. "Is this really what you want sweetheart?" The small child nodded enthusiastically. "We lost everything." Sophia replied. "I want something back, I want something we get to keep for a long long time. I don't care if it means it's going to take a long time to get."

Michiko was shocked that such a mature statement came from such a little girl. Her mouth was slightly agape for a moment. "Well then, I guess it's settled." She said smiling sadly. Leaving them here was still going to be hard, but life was hard. Especially for members of the Alpha Squad.

"Now to find Lucas and apologize." She almost bumped into him as she entered the hall. The door closed behind her, so the children wouldn't hear them.

Michi backed up a respectable distance. She didn't want him to think she was going to violate him again. "Commander...Lucas... please...accept my sincerest apology. I just spoke to Sophia, and aside from the "little princess" part, I can see you didn't go out of your way to persuade her. My actions were rash and unprofessional. I should have never spoken to you that way, you didn't deserve it."
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Lucas felt a wave of relief wash over him, as now one of his major problems had been dealt with.

"It's ok, Michiko, I'm not upset." He gave her a soft smile and patted her on the shoulder.

"You were only doing what you thought was right, I can hardly blame you for that. We were both doing what we felt was best for those kids, I mean someone has to take care of them, right?" He asked as he cocked his head to the side with a smile.

Then it came back to him again.

"Michiko...There is still one more thing we need to talk about."

Lucas was visibly uncomfortable, shifting in his position as he stood there looking at his friend.

"Mind if we go somewhere without as many potential listeners in?"

Knowing how inappropriate this would sound, Lucas hoped Michiko understood he simply wanted answers, not to make their friendship even more complicated.
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Michiko knew what this was going to be about. "Certainly." She said, embarrassed. "Why don't we go to one of the other suites we've been allotted?" After the words came out of her mouth she instantly regretted the suggestion. "He's going to think I'm some kind of sexual predator." She tried backtracking, "Oh um, what I mean to say is why not one of the lesser meeting rooms?" This suggestion was much more professional, she chided herself for not thinking of it before.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:16 pm

Lucas nodded with an uncomfortable stammer and attempt at a chuckle, it clear being she was just as uncomfortable as he was.

When they arrived, Lucas a long look at Michiko, and sighed.

"Michiko...Do you have intentions towards me?"

It was honestly not the first thing he wanted to bring up in this uncomfortable discussion, and he regretted asking it as soon as he did.

"Wh-what I mean to ask is...Are you ok?"

He knew this question was going to get him nowhere, but at the very least it bought him some time to bring his thoughts back into focus and try and have a normal conversation, and at get an explanation about what happened.
Back to top Go down
Comixtheinsane

Comixtheinsane

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Zero stalked down the corridors arguing with Zach. Everyone who he passed gave him a wide birth. Even those from the church of Shiira seemed afraid off him. It might partially be because he was snapping at himself.

"You are a weak minded fool. You care about people who don't know Us!" Zero snapped agitatedly. Zero growled. Then the voice changed.

"I don't care what you say or think! We need them! They can help us be whole again!" Zach snapped back. He was so occupied with arguing with his other self he didn't notice the security cameras that followed his every move or the two soldiers of the church that had begun to follow him.

"We can never go back to being whole! We are better this way! And why should i care about them? We don't need anyone. Hell i don't even need you. I just want control and the ability to kill as i wish!" Zero started off loud and became quieter by the last sentence his voice was just a hushed whisper.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:32 pm

A device on Kyuba's wrist started to beep. He pressed a few buttons and a holodisplay popped up in front of him. What he saw and heard intrigued him. It was Zach right after he had left him in the hallway.

"So Zach what will you do now? I have the body for the moment. The things I could do to your precious comrades? Hm?"

Zach seemed to be talking to himself but somethign was off...his voice would change with each sentence as well as his facial expressions.

"Maybe I should just betray them? End this pathetic game?"

His voice would switch from a monotone to a more hysteric sing song style voice.

"You wouldn't. You find those were fighting weak. You hate the weak. You have Zero Tolerance for them right?"

He saw a wicked smile appear across Zach's face.

"That's right!"

The transmission ended and Kyuba banished the hologram. So...the little worm thinks he can betray us...he actually thinks he has the power to kill us....we shall see....

Kyuba found Zach's location on the ship and teleported a few halls away. He easily caught up with his prey and began to stalk him. He was once again talking to himself...something about murder...

Kyuba noticed the fear on some of the younger recruits eyes and noted to punish them for even thinking for a second Zach...was scary....

As Zach began to turn a corner Kyuba launched his attack kicking Zach square in the back knocking him to the floor. He mercilessly began to beat him while laughing and playing the recording so Zach could hear. "SO....YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE POWER TO KILL ME...ARE YOU LISTENING...ZERO...I WANT YOU TO KNOW JUST HOW WEAK YOU REALLY ARE....I AM STRONG AND YOU ARE WEAK..." He aimed a final kick right to Zach's ribs and he bent down and pulled back his head to look into his eyes. A look of pure hatred painted his face. "Oooooo goody....you're upset...embrace this defeat....learn from it....you have a long way to go until you are able to stand on par with me...Zero...for that is what you truly are...you are nothing." Kyuba spat in his face for good measure before stalking off to disappear into the nearest teleporter. He decided he would keep this one a secret from Lucas...for now...he didn't wnt his little pet project to go awry....
Back to top Go down
Comixtheinsane

Comixtheinsane

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Zero laughed maniacally through the pain. He laughed til he coughed.

"For people you care about they don't seem to care much about you. Kyuba amuses me. He doesn't realize i'd join this church he belongs to cause they seem my type of people." Zero said as he spat the blood that pooled in his mouth. Zach grit his teeth.

"Shut Up!!! You did this! It's cause you never shut up about killing ever!" Zach coughed more blood. People were staring at him as he leaned against the wall. His gritted teeth turned into a cruel smirk.

"I told you already WE dont NEED anyone! We are powerful. Or at least I am powerful. You are weak and pathetic. You should just give me our body permanently." His voice was like a snake soft and smooth.

"
Like i'd give you the pleasure!" Zach snapped. He forced Zero to recede more and took a deep breath. He wiped Kyuba's spit off his face and stood holding his ribs. He began to walk. Zach didn't know where he was going but he was going. The only real question is if he'd pass out before he got wherever he was going.
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:22 pm

"I'm fine," she replied for the millionth time. It was easier to answer the 2nd question first. "About the other matter..." Michiko started. "I need to make another apology. What I did was entirely inappropriate." She thought about it and blushed. "As for whether or not I have designs on you. I think that would be a matter best explored after the war." A yes or no answer wasn't something she could give. Up to that point she'd been completely focused on all the matters at hand. She wasn't some silly heart who thought love could bloom on the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Lucas could see something was missing in this picture. Every time he'd asked this question she managed to avoid the answer somehow.

"Michiko...What exactly are you trying not to tell me? I've told you this a dozen times already, you are my friend and I trust you implicitly, but you need to tell me what exactly the problem is."

He wasn't angry, more slightly confused than anything. Did she actually have feelings for him? Or was it something else...

"If you didn't have an interest in me, then why did you do..." He looked away briefly, then once more locked his eyes onto Michiko.

"...What you did? What are you hiding from me Michiko? All I want to do is help you."

He was desperate, and he needed answers, no matter the cost. Something was troubling his friend, and he was determined to find out what it was.

He didn't know if she actually had feelings for him, and whether or not he felt the same, but what he did know was that she needed help, and he was going to provide it.
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:47 pm

"If you trust me... Please let it go." Her eyes and voice pleaded with him. "I promise it's nothing that will interfere with the mission. I've come to terms with what it may mean, and I'd like to thank you. You helped me see past it." She smiled warmly. "We're all very fortunate to count you as our friend and leader." She thought for a moment then added. "When the time is right, I'll tell you. You have my word."
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Lucas was shocked. He had no way to react to this, she had been hiding something from him all along, and she still wouldn't tell him what it was, and now she was even admitting to it.

He was stuck. If he pushed the matter any further he would jeapordize their friendship, but if he left this alone it could fester and become dangerous, not just for her, but the entire team.

"I...."

His fist clenched as he stood there, watching Michiko, still trying to find the words.

Then, just like that, it relaxed.

"...Alright."

He took a step forward, releasing a long held breath.

"But please, promise me..."

He took another step forward and embraced her in a tight hug.

"No more secrets after this. From now on, you tell me everything, ok?"

He moved back a single step, stretching out his arms so that while he was at a slight distance, he was still hugging her.

"You aren't alone Michi. Not anymore."

He was hoping Michiko didn't explode at him, but at this point, Lucas didn't care. Michiko was his friend, and she had saved his life, so now he was going to reach out to her and make a point: As long as he was there, she wasn't going to face anything alone.
Back to top Go down
Abandicoot

Abandicoot

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:35 pm

Michiko's arms were stiff and her eyes were wide when Lucas hugged her. She relaxed a bit once the surprise wore off, returning the hug. "Thank you..." She whispered with tears in her eyes. When the hug ended she wiped her eyes "I promise Lucas, if anything else ever comes up, you will be the first to know."

Friendship was one of the things she missed most about her old life. It amazed her that even in a full blown war, where the very fate of humanity was at stake, the little things still made all the difference. Of course that's what they were fighting for, all the little choices that were made for them, the little freedoms they were being denied. Everything was important in a big way, even if it was "little".

"Shall we go find the others? I'm kind of concerned that they were out and about by themselves...at the same time." Kyuba was unpredictable, Zach equally so as of late. It was probably not the best idea to give them the chance to spend a lot of time together without some checks and balances.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:51 pm

Lucas chuckled.

"Sounds like a good idea. Besides, I kinda promised Sophia I would spend some time playing with her before we left. We should enjoy the time we have left with the kids before we ship out as well, eh?"

Lucas adjusted himself accordingly, straightened out his jacket, fixed his glasses on his forehead.

"We've got a few days, Kyuba pulled some strings and pulled in the big guns."

He quickly took a step forward and opened the door, stepping aside with a smile.

"So until we ship out, consider yourself on shore leave. After everything we've been through you deserve some R&R."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon   Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resonance of the Stars: Bleak Horizon
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next