Project Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Roleplay

A forum where good RP is born

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Benedict's Gambit

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:36 am

Veloran grinned.

"Gotcha...."

A day passed in the blink of an eye for the brothers, and soon they made their way into a dingy little inn on the edge of the forest.

As the door swung open and the two calmly made their way inside, every patron turned to see the newcomers. It was silent for but a moment, and happiness returned as they turned back to their drinks and food.

All but one table.

A young man stood up from a nearby table, brown hair flowing down to his collar and a piece of plate mail strapped to his shoulder.

"You must be the warriors we've been waiting for. I am Durant Viere, and I suppose you could say I lead this team." He said with a smile and an extended hand open to Virik.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:45 am

Durant Viere..pleased to meet you my name is Virik Shaderunner and this is my brother Veloran . Pleased to meet you." He shook the mans hand and followed him to the table. After a small introduction to each of the other members dinner was served. "So...Durant...what can we expect to see on this mission. We were not quite filled in on the details."
Back to top Go down
https://projectroleplay.rpg-board.net
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:03 am

Durant sighed as he looked down at the table, frustration and despair clear on his face.

"I will not lie to you, friend. This will be an uphill battle. We are fighting a foe we are nowhere near in the league of alone, but as a team, we might defeat him."

He looked up, cold, frustrated eyes.

"Our opponent is the Arch-Primarch himself. He has done more than enough to soil our lands with his evil, and now it is time we return the favor. We are going to have to dwindle his forces down bit by bit, and eventually we will storm his castle and fight him ourselves. It's a dangerous mission, but we have to do this. Someone has to stand up for what is right."

Veloran grinned.

"A hero type eh? Been too long since I got ta kill one'a them....I'm lookin' forward ta this..."
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:11 am

Virik smiled and put his hand on Durant's. "Easy now friend...you are in luck...we know of a secret entrance in the Castle the Arch Primarch uses. A member of the royal family escaped and sold us this map of blueprints. It shows a secret passage into the castle. Most likely it is unguarded. If we use this...we can get an advantage." Virik adopted a solemn face, "Many...good men..close personal friends of mine...died to get this information into the right hands. I want nothing more than to end the Arch Primarch's reign of Tyranny..." Virik hoped his acting would pay of, if fate willed it of course.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:23 am

Durant's eyes widened in shock and amazement as this information was revealed to him.

"You....You mean this, don't you?"

His fist tightened on the table and a smile began to creep across his face.

"You, my friend, have given us a chance to destroy this madman! You are a hero, and when this is over, you shall be treated to a hero's welcome when we return to my home!"

Durant stood and patted Virik on the shoulder.

"Welcome to the fold, my friend."

Slowly pacing the table and preparing his next course of action, Durant smiled as wide as could be.

"Alright, we're going to need to make our way to the castle. The Arch Primarch has a large array of supply depots and command outpost that dot the land on the way there. We should attack each one systematically, and then finally make our strike on the Arch Primarch's castle. Is everyone in agreement?"

Veloran put on his most stoic and emotionless expression as he stepped forward.

"Aye, time ta put the Arch Primarch outta business."
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:04 pm

"Well with the plans decided I believe my brother and I will retire for the night." Once alone in the suite they had rented Virik canceled the spell which changed his appearance. "Much better...." He pulled out his cards and began to place them in strange formations. "Well brother...it seems fate has a funny plan in store...each of our comrades will meet with an...Accident...it seems our friend Durant will slowly go insane in his own mind and become more valiant as time goes on. He will become crazed and determined and once we spring the final trap...he will break!" Vimek laughed evilly. "Yes...this will be fun!"
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Veloran began to chuckle as he heard this wonderous news.

"Interestin...How tragic!" He quickly began to join his brother in laughter, then moved and stood behind him, looming over as he watched the cards as well.

"Tell me Virik...Whose gonna be the first ta go?" He asked, genuine curiosity in his tone.

"I love when ya start makin' plans like this, come on, tell me, what's the breakdown?"
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Virik frowned as he place some cards. "Gravedigger....Horseman....Swordarm. Well brother it seems that fate has hidden that from us...It is up to us to interpret the signs and take...advantage...of certain situations." Virik sighed, "Well that just makes thing fun i guess after all knowing everything makes lie boring."
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:27 pm

Veloran sighed with disappointment as he heard this.

"Ach, fine then. Always so damn mysterious ya are, brother..."

Veloran quietly sat down and put his equipment aside.

"Let's get some sleep then, sounds ta me like we've got a long job ahead of us eh?"

The night passed with little more than a whimper, and upon their rise, the brothers gathered their equipment and prepared to leave.

Upon meeting with their new "team", Durant smiled and stepped forward, two plates of food in his hands.

"Good morning, my friends! Please, eat with us, after breakfast we shall leave and begin our journey!"

As he handed the brothers the two plates of fresh eggs and bacon, he sat down at the table once more, the several other warriors and adventurers beside him laughing and talking as they ate.

Durant smiled as he looked around the table.

"Gentlemen, allow me to introduce the Shaderunner brothers, Virik and Veloran, they will be joining us on our mission, and have provided us with the means to make heavy blows against the Arch-Primarch. Please, introduce yourselves!" He said with a hearty laugh as he took a bite of his eggs.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:27 am

Virik smiled as each of their team introduced themselves. A small but spunky looking girl with red hair blue eyes and more small daggers and knives than Virik dared to count laughed as she stood up and did a series of back flips and pirouettes. "My name is Katarina! Nice to meet you both!", she said with a giggle. A darker skinned bald man with many tattoos with two wickedly curved scimitars as his sides spoke with a deep rich voice, "I am Pujaz"

Moving down the line next came a dwarf gunsmith named Gungir, a gnome wizard named Gizzleback and an Orc shaman Loktir. "It is nice to meet you all...I look forward to working with you." Virik sat but did not eat. He rarely did, his condition required him to need little sustenance. "Eat your fill brother...I don't want to have to keep stopping cause you are hungry."
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:48 am

Veloran grinned at his brother's gesture.

"Don' mind if I do!" He quickly sat down and began to eat, almost moving through the food with such speed it looked like he merely poured the plate's contents into his mouth and swallowed.

"Interestin' little group 'ere....Somethin' tells me the girlie is goin' first....Or last, dependin' on Virik's mood....Might decide to see how long he can toy with his prey...."

As Veloran finished devouring the food in front of him, he put the plates down with a smile and stood.

"Alright then! Time ta get movin, eh?"

Durant nodded firmly with a smile.

"Indeed, to the road ahead!"

As they began to travel, Durant began to look over some maps, switching who he discussed them with periodically, though mostly with Gizzleback, Loktir, and sometimes even Virik.

"It would seem that if we are to strike a decisive blow to the Arch-Primarch, our fist targets should be these supply depots on the way to the capital. We could easily hit this particular one within three days travel time, and who knows what kind of supplies they might have there..." He said in deep thought as he discussed key points of attack with the three.

Veloran continued to watch the road ahead of him, somtimes looking back at the crew beside and behind him, noticing in particular Katarina's penchant for darting about and asking questions.

"This one's gonna be either annoyin' or adorable...I'm gonna enjoy watchin' Virik break her..."

Once more focusing on his walk, Veloran continued to eerily watch the group.

"Better at least appear friendly enough..." Making his way to Gungir's side, Veloran chuckled as he attempted to start conversation.

"A dwarf eh? Not terribly common ta see dwarves away from the forge, an' even less common ta see one as....Decorated as yerself. What's yer story, friend?" He asked in a light tone.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:12 am

"Well...Ye already know me name...as fer me storay I don spend much taim in front o a forge mate. I be a gunsmith...I create an use a multitude o guns...Some call me teh fastest shooter above or below grounds! An I can make em just as fast as I can shoot em!" Gungir scratched his stomach as he walked. "But eno about me...what about you eh? I've nevah seen one as large as you....Are you human or be you some kind o Giant!"

Virik discussed the plans with Durant in a cheery manor. "It seems to me like we should make camp some ways away and send ahead a scout. Katarina seems to be a good choice.." Seeing the look on Durant's face he added. "I can see you are loath to put her in harms way but I have a solution...One of my abilities is to summon mystical allies from cards. I have one such minion that will aid her and give her backup in case she runs into trouble. We will also be notified immediately if anything arises." Virik noticed a look of approval and complete interest from Gizzleback but was more interested in the cautious gaze from Loktir. That one will be a perfect addition to my...collection I can sense the primal power within him.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Durant uncomfortably sat in thought.

"...If you believe it is wise, my friend, and if you can provide protection, than so be it. I would hate to lose a friend so soon after our quest began."

Looking to Virik with a forced smile, worry and concern clear on his face, Durant cleared his throat.

"...Very well, Virik, We shall set up camp in about two days time, and one of your allies shall accompany Katarina to scout the supply depot. Please...take care of her, Virik. I don't like sending friends out alone, especially when facing such dangers."

Veloran laughed heartily as he continued to walk.

"Aye, tall as a giant and strong as a Titan! Always been somethin' of a sight back in the village, people came from far 'n wide ta see me!"

Veloran grinned as he boasted.

"Well, a lot of 'em came ta hire me ta kill idiots, but that's semantics...."

Days passed, and soon Veloran had engratiated himself with Gungir, taking every opportunity to learn more about the mysterious gunsmith.

Finally, the day came to set camp, and Durant stopped the group in the midst of the forest.

"Alright everyone, we need to set up camp here for the time being. There is a supply depot in the Arch-Primarch's control about a day's journey from here, this is as close as all of us can get without starting to draw attention. Katarina, we would like for you to go on ahead and scout out the depot to make sure that there isn't extra guard detail on it. Virik will send one of his mystical allies with you to help keep you safe. When you return and give us the details we need, it will determine our next course of action."

Looking to Katarina with a kind smile, Durant waited.

"You up for this?"

Veloran grinned as he watched this display.

"Virik definitely had a hand in this...Wonder how he's gonna play this one...Could be a bit early ta start killin' em off yet..."
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:04 pm

The spunky scout smiled confidently, "Durant...you worry too much...of course I am ready. I am not a little girl. Id even argue the additional body coming with me but I know you are already having a fit." She stalked off to check her armor and supplies making sure everything was sharp loose and ready.

Virik smiled as he watched the girl prepare with a look of determination and excitement painted on her face. Utter useless in power level but if I had the means still...she would have made a great plaything....maybe I will give her to Veloran if he promises not to break her to much...or better yet...twist her into something purely evil...an utter mockery of her former self. Yes...the possibilities.

Virik continued to watch her hungrily until he reminded himself time was of the essence. He shuffled his deck and presented it to Durant. Durant drew a card and handed it to Virik who shuffled it into the deck and chanted, his voice deep yet hollow. The deck began to glow and rise from his hands. "Inometi...Zoharl Fierza Motezkia..." One by one the cards began to fly off the top of the deck landing in the empty pocket Virik had taken them from. After a while one card rose above the rest suspended in the air as its comrades finished the show. Virik plucked the card from the air and his eyes began to glow with power and malice.

"A very good choice..." He held up the card which began to glow even brighter. "From the depths of the abyss...crawler in the night...devourer of those that unwarily step into the dark. I summon thee...I command o shadow of shadows...ancient and powerful that you come forth and do my bidding...THE PORTAL IS OPEN...THE SACRIFICE PAID IN FULL....YOUR BONDS LOOSENED....I AM THY MASTER COME FORTH AND DO MY BIDDING!"

The sky which had grown very dark was split with lightning and terrible thunder. At Virik's feet the ground began to swirl and rip as a portal opened first showing flames unimaginable and then deeper down deeper into a world of pure darkness. A wickedly clawed hand sprouted forth from the hole and grasped the ground outside of it attempting to pull itself out. Another clawed hand grasped the other side and soon the rest of the creature came with it.

It's form was mostly featureless shadow bound in chains that restricted the flowing voidstuff it seemed to be comprised of. When it had fully lifted itself from the abyss the chains snapped forth and buried themselves in Virik's chest. He grunted in response but showed no sign of pain. Grasping the chain he pulled on it and wrapped it around his arm reeling the creature in. The chain faded and became a solid gold pattern on his arm.

The creature stared at it's master with glowing red eyes filled with malice and hate but with a sliver of respect and obedience. Virik had battled and bound it, once the mightiest of the shadow creatures and it was now bound to him. Virik had indeed paid a great price for such a prize but no one could question the benefits. "Szlirak you will accompany this girl into the camp and scout out the area. Keep hidden and keep her safe." Through the special mindlink Virik added. Wait until my command and then drag the girl into the abyss with you...do not eat her or harm her lethally...try and keep her sanity in tact...That is mine and mine alone to break. You have permission to put her into a stasis if need be. Do this and you shall be rewarded...any rival you wish shall no longer oppose you.

The creatures eyes narrowed and then moved off to stand next to Kairina. "Durant...they are ready to leave whenever."
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:46 am

Durant, clearly still hesitant, smiled and nodded.

"Very well, my friend, I will trust you and I will trust Katarina."

Looking to her with a smile, he patted her on the shoulder.

"Be careful."

Veloran had to stifle a grin as he watched this performance.

"This is almost too much fer me....Better make sure not ta blow ma cover...."

Durant stepped away and looked to his team.

"Alright my friends, let us try and rest as we await the return of our comrades, and wish them safe travels and strong wills!"

Veloran smiled and gave Katarina a soft pat on the back.

"Be strong lass, yer in good hands."

Sending a very brief proud look towards Virik, which was filled with almost glee and sadistic amusement.

"Ma brother is tha finest conjurer ahve ever seen!"
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:41 am

Virik noted his brothers stare and nodded knowingly. This indeed will be a fun show.... Virik retired to his tent as the shadow and Katarina ventured forth stealthily. Afterall he would be having an active night...

Katarina couldn't help but shudder at the way the creature that was forced upon her by Virik. The thing/i] even seemed to glow a little and surge right when she through forced upon. Alright, this thing creeped her out she could admit it, but she wasn't ready to admit it could read thoughts. She took a deep breath as she came to a halt on the far side of the camp.

Looking back she noticed that the, [i]thing
, was nowhere to be seen. As she turned around she almost screamed in shock at her face full of evil shadow creature. Its glowing crimson eyes spoke into her very soul she saw her own death laid out before her. She tried to scream again but Szlirak covered her face with dark ectoplasm causing her lips to seal allowing only for muffled screams, after all he liked it when they screamed...it made him happy...aroused even...he wanted her and would have her.

Katarina screamed as its cold yet warm tentacles slithered across her body. She could feel his intention and it scared her but yet in some part of her mind that she would never admit. She liked it...a lot. Its tentacles caressed lower and lower and she could feel that part of her liking it growing...no..no it had to be her fear shrinking because she was going numb that had to be it because no way could she like this she would never admit it. The feeling kept growing and growing until...nothing.

The tentacles stopped touching her and she opened her eyes. In front of her stood Virik, not not him but one whose shape fluxuated a bit. He had possessed his minion. Good...Virik is here now and everything will be ok. But it wouldn't be...never again.

"My dear sweet Katarina you poor girl...you are all confused...deep within you lies a corruption as pure as I have ever seen....I will break you...and it will be beautiful." Her muffled screams resumed as her was slowly dragged into a dark opening that had appeared in Virik's stomach.

As she slid through the portal closed and the creature faded. Virik opened his eyes and took a deep breath. He was about to do some damn fine acting. "DURANT...KATARINA HAS BEEN COMPROMISED...DURANT THEY FAILED...WE MUST ATTACK NOW IF WE ARE TO SAVE THEM" He screamed as he ran from the tent clutching his side as if wounded.

Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:52 am

Durant's eyes shot open in pure terror.

"Wh-what?! How?!" Quickly he began to scramble and gather basic equipment he would need in order to be effective in combat.

"Alright everyone! Gather your gear and move out! We have a rescue to do! Go go go!" He began to shout as he made his way to each tent to make sure his companions were moving.

Veloran quickly ran to his brother's side, a look of concern on his face.

"Virik! Are ya alright?! What happened?!" He frantically asked as he closed the gap, until he was within whispering distance.

"Nicely done, brother. Now then, when does tha show start?"

As the group quickly prepared and began to make their way to the campsite, Durant silently cursed himself under his breath, then looked to Virik in desperation as Veloran helped him along the path.

"How did this happen, what happened in there? She was one of the best...she wouldn't be caught by the likes of these men!" He hissed angrilly.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:05 am

Virik spoke loudly, "Nothing brother...just a repercussion of summoning such a powerful apparition." Adding with a whisper, "Just watch brother of mine" As Durant came up to him he leaned on his brother. "I am sorry...some...thing was there it....attacked my minion and nearly killed me. I know not her fate. It looks grim...we must hurry."

They easily tracked her trail and soon were on the site where Virik had last seen her. The sight...was not one of happiness. Kairina lay dead, torn and beaten upon the rocks. "Durant...I...I am sorry..." A twinkle appeared in Virik's eyes that one could mistake as a tear but those who knew him knew he was scheming something great.
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:22 am

Durant looked upon the site in horror and dropped to his knees, a growl slowly growing from within him into a bellowing roar.

"JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED!" He screamed as he struggled to his feet. Lumbering to Katarina's side, tears in his eyes, he knelt down, closed her pale eyes, and kissed her forehead as he embraced her bloody form in a hug.

"Rest, friend...You shall be avenged...The Arch-Primarch will pay, and I shall make sure your death was not for naught! On my honor as a warrior, I SWEAR IT!" He roared once more as he raised his mighty blade to the sky.

Veloran took his helmet off and held it to his chest in a sign of mourning, but under his lowered head, a wide eyed grin was present on his face.

"Virik, ya've done it again...Sounds like tha show's about ta start..."

Durant roared once more as he began to launch himself forward step by step, until he slumped against a tree, and Veloran could hear pitiful sobs from the mighty leader.

"This is all my fault...I should have never let her go...."

Veloran made his way forward and softly patted Durant on the shoulder.

"It's not yer fault, Durant...Ya could've never known this'd happen...."

Durant turned his face to look at Virik, and his eyes were cold as ice, tears pouring down his face like a torrent of rain.

"I pushed her too far! I should have known this would happen!" He pushed Veloran aside with all his might and stumbled back to Katarina's bloody corpse.

"Some part of me knew...that would be the last time I saw her...." Softly placing a hand upon her cheek, Durant began to weep once more.

"Oh Katarina....I'm so sorry....I should have never asked you to come with me..."

Veloran studied Durant's responses eagerly, looking to Virik with a knowing gaze.

"Interestin....Seems like we hit a chord...."
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:13 am

Virik smiled and nodded as he moved forward putting a hand on Durant's shoulder. "Hush now...how were you to know that you were sending her to her death. No one here blames you...after all...it's not like you misjudged her abilities because you loved her or anything. I mean...that would be all on you...but I am sure you of all people had the insight not to succumb to such earthly emotions." He pushed on past Durant. "Men...we must avenge our fallen comrade....fate chose such a cruel ending for her....such a young...pretty thing. We must avenge her...the Arch Primarch MUST pay for this....I will not stop until he is dead....now let us go lay seige and show our enemies what happens when they take one of our number from us...a dear sweet friend who's laughter once filled the air like a songbird. We...shall kill them all for it!"
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:25 am

The air went silent as Durant's sobbing ceased almost instantly, quickly followed by the mighty roars of warriors.

Veloran hoisted his mighty hammer into the air with a bellowing roar.

"Let any who stand before me as enemy be crushed in ma wake!" He began to violently stomp forward, making his way to the encampment, while Durant slowly dragged himself to his feet.

"Kat....I won't let it end like this...." Slowly drawing his blade, eyes focused on the corpse of the once lovely girl, he once more pointed it to the heavens.

"They will PAY!" He roared as a bloodthirsty frenzy overtook Durant's senses, leading him to charge through the forest, blade in a single hand. Upon reaching the encampment itself, Durant launched himself high into the air and came crashing down on an unsuspecting foe, the sounds of metal meeting metal in violent struggle overtaking the air.

Veloran roared with fury as he charged out of the treeline, hammer swinging in such a blast that a mighty wave of wind knocked several patrolmen back.

"Come an' face me! AH DARE YA!" He screamed as he slammed the plumb of his hammer into the ground, a small crater appearing beneath it.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:34 am

Virik smiled and cackled softly as he saw the reaction of Durant and the fun his brother was having. He decided to let his brother have fun and hang back. He quickly noticed he wasn't the only one. Loktir the shaman had held back as well the powerful storm of power carefully restrained below the surface. YES! Virik craved this one.

With a voice hard as stone but clear as water Loktir spoke, "You...have an unorthodox way of going about things...You seem to have spurred our leader through his doubt...which is good...but the damage that will be done from him ignoring his grief...I wonder...." He moved on to join the fray leaving a storm of quiet in his wake who's thunder crackled louder than the primal arcs Loktir conjured to rip into his foes. "YES....he...will be an excellent addition...he WILL be MINE!"
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:12 am

Durant became little more than a blur as he jumped from one opponent to the next, almost appearing to be performing a violent dance.

"YOU SHALL SUFFER AS SHE DID!" He roared as he lept off of one inept soldier's head.

"YOU SHALL BLEED AS SHE DID!" He yelled as he stabbed another in the chest, using all of his might to fling the soldier off of the blade and across the battlefield into another opponent.

"YOU SHALL DIE AS SHE DID!" He screamed as with one graceful swing and landing, one final soldier's head tumbled from its body in a blast of blood and gore.

Veloran grinned as he began to wildly swing his hammer, knocking grunt soldiers about like paper.

"COME NOW! AHM SURE YA CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!" He shouted to the heavens above as with one swing he crushed a man's skull, while with another he battered one into the side of a building.

The violent battle did not last long, as Durant's mighty wrath cut a bloody pathway to their goal within the hour. Veloran, highly pleased with himself, made his way to his brother's side and patted him on the shoulder.

"Ya doin' alright, Virik? Feelin' better?"

Leaning in closer with a wicked smile, Veloran whispered.

"Tell me when this is over ah get ta see what yah've done so far. It's always fun ta watch ya unwrap yer toys."

Durant had slumped to the ground, a bloody circle ensnaring him, blade at his side, face coated with blood, tears once more in his eyes.

"It is done....Forgive me Katarina...Maybe one day I shall earn your forgiveness...." And once more, he began to sob.
Back to top Go down
SaintLorok
Admin
SaintLorok

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Dear brother....you wound me. This is all part of the show...and you act as if I would keep from you the greatest of pleasures. Fear not...you will get your fun soon I promise. Virik waded through the bloody mess impressed by the fury Durant showed. Placing a hand on his shoulder he offered comforting words. "Come friend...there are many more to slay...we have dealt a heavy blow to the Arch Primarch and you should be proud...Now let us get cleaned up and give Katarina a proper burial....then we move to the nearest town and feast to her..."
Back to top Go down
Kaos105

Kaos105

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:51 pm

Durant slowly rose to his feet and nodded, his tears dying down once more.

"Yes...Yes, you are right my friend...Let us honor her memory as best we know how...And celebrate her life."

Durant stumbled off to a nearby tree, eyes still watery with tears as he attempted to regain his composure.

Veloran quietly made his way to Durant's side and put one of the shakey man's arms over his shoulder.

"Come on Durant, lemme help ya get down ta tha river, yer a mess..."

Durant nodded softly as he hoisted himself up using Veloran's weight as a counterbalance.

"Thank you, my friend..."

Durant and Veloran quickly made their way to the nearby river, where the hulking man helped lower his "leader" into the water to cleanse himself of blood, sweat, and tears, while Veloran briefly wiped his face away with a faint smile.

"Hang in there friend, you'll be alright."

Durant spent a good half hour cleaning his bloody body, excessively so, until finally he was prepared, and Veloran helped him return to the woods.

"Are ya ready, friend? Ah know this won't be easy...."

Durant nodded frantically.

"It's time, I must say my goodbyes."

Veloran nodded and took Durant's arm over his shoulder once more, leading him to the scene of Katarina's demise.

Oh this should be good...Show time, Virik...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Benedict's Gambit   The Benedict's Gambit - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Benedict's Gambit
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Roleplay :: Roleplay :: Project RP-
Jump to: