Project Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Roleplay

A forum where good RP is born

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Medieval Struggle

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Phyzzle

The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Arivos shrugged slightly, "Not much different though he's never attacked me directly... ever actually. He did at one time believe I was still aidig him in the capture of Verinnia but even after that he never really attacked me. He focused more on Sephira and Verinnia." Arivos tapped his chin as he thought on this for a moment, it was rather strange. Even when Arivos had attacked Akiko before they made their way here he hadn't retaliated. "He's been quite cocky and arrogant, rather smug but never attacked me. He actually saved me the night after we saved Verinnia but again that was when he still believed I was aiding the banshee queen."

Arivos looked back towards Aaron, "Wait. If you're one of her reavers... that's why you don't have the chains anymore! You're meant to bring in Verinnia even more then I, and yet you're not. Why, Aaron? Did you know we were coming here? Were you watching us? Is that how you so conveniently ran into us here?" Arivos' eyes took on that overly serious and deadly stare as he watched Aaron now, "I need to know, Aaron. We are friends but I won't let the Banshee Queen have what she wants, and I've grown quite paranoid over the years, for all I know you could be stalling us. I want answer, Aaron."
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:46 am

"He acted like an over-confident dick high off his own power. I really don't know how that helps you here," Fox replied, interrupting Arivos, who instantly shrunk back at the glare she tossed at him. "He wants to prove to his mommy how big his dick is so he goes after young women. And I have to warn you, Mister Reaver, that you will take this woman over my dead body. And I promise you, if even an inch of my body dies, Verinnia, Alice, Arivos, and maybe even Astaroth will kill you. So, don't try it if you value your undeath," Fox said coolly as she got to her feet. She was done with these games. There was no more reason to be here. Aaron seemed uncomfortable and she was already on edge. "Besides, if you were going to attack us I highly doubt you would have drank with us. Most bad guys don't drink and sleep around their opponents," Fox said as she turned towards the exit. Aaron chuckled lightly and nodded, "yeah you're right. I have no intention of hurting you or taking Verinnia back to her...mother. As far as I'm concerned I have no idea where the Bitch Queen's highest priority party is."

He tossed a glance at Arivos, who shakily got to his feet, his hand pressed tightly over his wound, "don't worry I'm not fooling you. Unlike most people who look as villainous as I appear, I have no deeper intentions. So head onward in your journey, hopefully you get inside the city without getting caught and reach the bitch. And hopefully she doesn't gut you the moment she sees you." Aaron inclined his head towards them as the group slowly exited the shack. The combination of Fox leading them out and Aaron verbally pushing them out the door making it blatantly obvious it was time to leave. Yawning, Aaron rubbed the back of his head as he watched Arivos limp a little behind Fox, who was fast walking into the forest. Verinnia was right at her heels, tossing a final glance at Aaron before disappearing behind a tree, out of sight. "Goodbye, sweetie...hopefully when we next meet it will be in the afterlife, where we both belong," Aaron sighed as he ducked back into his shack and pulled open a drawer in a dilapidated dresser. Inside was a broken locket, the two halves lying side by side. Picking up the pieces, two small paintings inside stared back at him. Running his fingers over both, he sighed and put them away. "Oh my wife and child...where did the years go?" Aaron yawned before slamming the drawer and throwing himself back into his recliner.

Fox huffed ahead as she ignored Arivos' complaints. "You know I didn't really get any clear answers out of that man. And this one's pissed off for some reason and has given me another unnecessary hole in my body. Just what I always wanted, ma! A thigh hole! Maybe the world can fuck me in this one too!" Biting her cheek too hard, Fox ignored him as they followed the weaving path, the sense that they were walking to their deaths all too present.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 1:57 am

"Ya know... I wouldn't charge into battle with your current attitude, young lady." Came Aaron's voice as he was suddenly in front of them after having flash stepped which a teleportation like technique the reavers frequently used. He walked slowly over and patted Verinnia head as he looked towards the other two. "I am sure you will find great trust in me, when the time comes." He said as the sun came out from behind the clouds brightening himself and Verinnia, and now that they were side to side one could see their hair was quite similar in thickness and color of blonde while their eyes also seemed to match. One could also notice a small line of features in their features also were quite alike, but as the two were about to say something he put his finger to his lips without audibly shushing them. "Well, I must be on my way, or back to sleep maybe....anyway! I give you this last tidbit, us reavers are easily defeated by Light magic, or the Sun Arcana, so keep that in mind as we all have Death Arcana, and as for the Queen....well It will work out, one way or another, but be sure to have most of the army defeated beforehand as you don;t want them biting your ass later." He said all this in quick succession before yawning loudly as he walked back towards his home while waving behind himself towards them.

"That....felt familiar somehow..." Verinnia said as she rubbed her hair where Aaron's hand had been. "As if that's happened before.." She looked towards the two with intrigue before turning and walking towards the exit of the Forest in a daze like state as she attempted to remember why it felt like she could remember. Quite a conundrum, eh? After just another hour of walking they came upon the edge of the forest, and beyond it lied a small village that looks pretty nice to what one would think would exist in the Undead Kingdom. There were actual fresh fruit even hanging from stalls, and other neccecities a living being needs, but maybe so that the Undead are more then just, perhaps they are alive was more in actuality, so they require sustenance to some point, or perhaps they just miss being alive.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 3:26 am

Arivos sighed softly after they had once again left Aaron. Walking through the dark, dismal, dead forest. "You do know what this means, don't you, Sephira? You're going to lose years of your life here. Years of it because you're our strongest weapon against the undead." He didn't sound happy, there was a tinge of fear in his tone, something he'd not ever shown. They'd know why, not that it really mattered, there was nothing he could do to protect her from this, he couldn't protect her from herself. "I may be able to manage arrows of light magic, I've never tried, but I'm sure I could. That should help some what."

As they passed another abandoned house there was a strange growling echoing through the forest, followed by an even eerier howl that echoed as well. "Don't tell me she has werewolves. I really, really don't want to run into a pack of werewolves." They stopped dead in their tracks as there were now multiple howls coming through the forest, some sounding close while others sounded so far away. It was impossible to pin point where they were but Arivos swore he saw eyes in the shadows only a few feet from where they were. "Backs together. Get ready... werewolves don't usually hunt here as they have no reason to hunt the undead but there has always been rumors that they were part of the undead. Some say they're enemies of the undead, who knows. Maybe we'll meet one that actually talks, if they don't kill us first They probably smell the fresh blood that a CERTAIN someone caused." His eye shifted towards Sephira with a glare as the three now stood back to back, readying themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:16 am

With her daggers ready, Fox kept her back pressed against the others. The sounds seemed to circle them but never approach or back off. "I'm not afraid to die anymore, Arivos. It's my duty to defend the realm. If I have to do that with my life then so be it. It's not like I would miss out on much. I'm being forced to take the throne, being forced to marry, and will probably lose..." Fox bit her lip. No. She wouldn't admit that. Not out loud. I'm going to lose the one I love... Fox tossed a glance to Verinnia, who was focused on their surroundings. "If I lose every day of my miserable life then so be it!" she yelled, coating her daggers in light and having them hover a few inches in front of her hands.

Out of the forest came three forms. All with dark grey fur and red eyes, they stood on their hind-legs, all easily six feet tall or more. They looked very much like a hybrid of wolf and man, and furious looking as their gazes fell upon the trio. "I told you mutts that someone was out here. Had no idea it'd be some bitches and a runt," the largest one said, sniffing the air around him in a feral manner. Arivos' bow was knocked with a silver arrow encased in flame, which was aimed directly at the larger. It spit at the ground and took a step forward, the ground trembling a bit with the force of his step. "Do you work for the Banshee Queen?" Arivos demanded, tightening his grip on the bow. The smallest threw it's head back and howled in laughter. "We wouldn't work for that bitch even if she made us," he continued to laugh for a few moments before the largest smacked him to quiet him. "I wonder what you three are doing in these forests, asking creatures if they work for the bitch. Could you perhaps be the group she hopes to string up by their entrails and parade around the human capital? That would make this so much funner. The boys and I haven't fucked good bitches in a long time, and we could use a good kill," the largest eyed Fox and Verinnia like a meal, licking his chops.

"Kill the elf, boys, I'll grab the girls," the largest ordered, sending the two forward. They immediately went after Arivos, who sent a succession of silver arrows into them. The smallest seemed to succumb to their effect but the other seemed immune. He threw himself on Arivos and attempted to claw him. Using his bow as a weapon, he smashed the beasts face and rolled out from under him. Meanwhile, Fox and Verinnia stood strong against the larger, who seemed to be undressing them with his eyes. With a flick of her wrist, Fox sent one of her daggers flying. A pain instantly stabbing her in the skull. Wincing, she threw her other dagger, both being sidestepped. I must be using too much power. I'll have to be more careful. She quickly pulled them back to her as she sent them at him again, one sticking into his shoulder the other into his stomach. He laughed at her efforts and ripped the daggers from his body, tossing them over his shoulder. Verinnia set a shadow ball into him, which knocked him off his feet. Enraged that his prey was fighting back, he picked up one of the daggers and threw it at them.

The sound of air quickly escaping lungs filled the empty space as Fox lurched forward, the dagger having buried itself all the way to the hilt inside of her stomach. "FOX!" Verinnia's voice was no longer her own. Her eyes were red and her hair was so purple it was almost black. The larger was already back on his feet, staring down at Verinnia as Fox fell to her knees, shakily contemplating whether to remove the dagger or not as she fought off unconsciousness. He kicked the other dagger at the girls and chuckled, "fight me with your light magick now, whore."

Arivos ducked out of the reach of the beast again, manifesting a larger silver arrow and, instead of shooting it, he attempted to bury it into the skull of the beast. Dodging his aim, the beast wrapped it's arms around Arivos and body-slammed him into a nearby tree. Cracking his head on the bark, Arivos felt the warm, sticky crimson of his body begin to ooze from him. Feeling dizzy, he looked up to see his arrow sticking out of the beasts eye. Got ya. Arivos slumped over, exhaling hard as unconsciousness took him under.

Verinnia grabbed her sword, which was now in the shape of a scythe, and aimed it at the largest, the only remaining werewolf. "Looks like it's just you and me sweetheart. Wanna just do this the easy way? I promise I'll be gentle...at first," he howled with laughter as Verinnia's face screwed up in disgust. "You will not touch these girls," Astaroth's voice rang through. The sound of Fox gasping for air and gagging on blood demanded his attention. Peeking over his shoulder, he saw Fox, still kneeling, her hands bloody, wrapped around her dagger. "Don't touch it!" he ordered, causing her to look up. Her hands fell away as he quickly sidestepped the attack from the wolf. "You've provoked the kind of wrath the Banshee Queen can only dream of possessing, wolf. If you know what's good for you, you'll do this the easy way and just die!" In a quick, fluid move, Astaroth spun around and drove the scythe right down the middle of the wolf. The end of the weapon hit the ground just as the mutt whimpered and fell in half on the ground. Verinnia's weapon instantly became small again as Astaroth ran to Fox, who had fallen to her side, her mouth and eyes wide open in shock.

"Come on, Sephira. I'm the only one allowed to penetrate you, don't let this end you," he tried to joke with her, but the blood pooling under her told him that she was close to passing out and probably could no longer hear him. "What the hell is going on here?" asked a familiar voice. Astaroth spun around to see Aaron, a man he'd only seen through Verinnia's eyes. "I'd like to explain, but she's dying and Verinnia is fuming. You grab the elf, I'll get her," he said, his voice a bit shaky. He'd felt Verinnia angry and scared before, but right now it was at it's most intense. Fox had been threatened, and in a split second, she'd been injured terribly. It's not your fault, Verinnia. Just relax, she'll be fine. I've got her. Her eyes still wide open, Astaroth picked the girl up with ease and carefully held her as he followed Aaron back to the shack. Once inside, Aaron began dressing Arivos' head wound as Astaroth hovered over Fox, who Aaron had insisted be put in his chair. His appearance flashed several times before a choking sob broke the silence. "Fox...Fox...no! Dammit stop doing this to me! I can't lose you! Let it be me next time, for the love of the gods, Sephira just let it for once be me that get's hurt," Verinnia sobbed as she clutched Fox's hands. Her eyes were barely open now, and her breathing was ragged. "Ve-Verinnia," her fingers instantly on Fox's lips, she hushed the girl and shook her head, "don't speak. Please just rest," Verinnia begged, her eyes tearing.

"If-if I don't make it...I wa-want you to know..." she winced her, causing her to cry out as her body tried to fight against the dagger. "I-I lov-" her words were cut off by her body forcing her into unconsciousness. Verinnia cried out and gripped Fox tighter. Aaron hovered over her, rubbing her back. "Save her! For the love of the gods someone save her!" Verinnia screamed as she dug her nails into Fox's paling skin. Aaron carefully displaced Verinnia and went to work on Fox. He quickly removed the dagger and dressed the wound. "I think I've managed to get to her in time, Verinnia. But she needs to rest. It's going to be a really long night, but if she manages to make it through until morning, she'll be okay. As for Arivos, he split his head open to the bone and I've done all I can but I'm not sure about him either at this point. The only thing you can do is stay by them," he yawned as he went to go sit on the floor against a wall. Verinnia sobbed as she stared at Fox, her head resting on the armrest of the old, dusty recliner. Even drenched in blood and on the verge of death, Fox was beautiful. Sniffling, she intertwined her finger's with Fox's and prayed for an early sunrise.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 1:10 pm

As the sun began to rise in the early morning the sound of Aaron calling out to them rang aloud while saying, "Let's go maggots! Training time it is! Oversleeping! And as you can see nearly all your wounds have been restored!" He yelled all this aloud in a comical general voice while he had to hold back his laughter, which he was failing at. "No need to ask questions as to how your wounds have already been healed, let us go and train because from what I've seen last night, you three are still not ready for this upcoming battle!" He stood at the doorway of the building as he focused the light of the sun into all their sleepy eyes. As the three sleepily opened their eyes, complaining to themselves, Aaron continued his speech. "Now, first and foremost, Emotion has no place on the battlefield! Forget your emotions, and strengthen your resolve! Yes you may die, but this is something you must accept! SECOND! Arivos, you are still missing a key weapon with your new powers you have acquired, and you and I shall work on it personally soon. FOX! You need to learn to control that power as you are literally harming yourself with it, but you are also not removing days of your life, not yet, and yes I know how the power works as the Death arcana is the same way until mastered." He marched towards Verinnia as he lowered his head directly in front of her, again showing the similar traits they shared in their faces. "You need not control work, not help getting your powers, but are in dire need of controlling your emotions, even then." He stood up away from her and turned his back on the mas he began to walk out of the building. "I will be waiting outside for lessons to begin!"

"Well then..." Verinnia said as she looked toward the two. "May as well get started..." Verinnia got up and helped Fox sit up before smiling and walking outside saying she;ll be waiting for her as well.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 2:18 pm

"Trust me Aaron, I'll have no problems keeping my emotions in check." His voice had become cold again, eyes glancing towards Verinnia and the Sephira before walking off. Aaron called for him, as did the others, "Just making sure we're safe, go about your training. I'm fine." Was it the concussion? No, he had hits wits about him, his eyes were clear and focused. He strolled off into the dark forest, too stubborn to be argued with.

It was rather chilly away from the fire, away from the camp but Arivos didn't even notice it anymore. His mind was racing, a being of internal conflict as he had always been and became even more of since meeting Sephira and Verinnia. There was no sounds in the forest, no chirping, no birds, nothing but dead silence as he got away from the three as they talked of their training. His mind wasn't on that, something in him was changing for the very last time. Something that had begun to grow cold as he started to feel so very alone. Not just because he walked away but even when he was with them, he found no warm thoughts in his mind but still it felt like clarity.

You know what the future holds now. A slave to your feelings for her, feels she feels for the undead who caused all this trouble and pain. Why her? After all you tried to do for her! After all you were willing to sacrifice! Why Verinnia?! Why did she fall for her! After all you've done! IT DOESN'T MATTER!
She made her choice. You heard her, you saw the look in her eyes before the werewolves attacked. It's time to shut it all off, Arivos. No more conscience, no more bleeding heart, no more pity, or sorrow. You have to be cold, focused. No weakness, no emotion, just a protector to the future queen and her future lover. Doing your duty and nothing more.

As he rounded the next tree he saw something near the water, a lake of some sort. The water was a black as oil but he figured that was due to the lack of any real light within this forest. The thing seemed to be drinking from the water, it had four legs like a deer but, was that a torso? "A centaur...? Here...?" The thing looked up, looked over towards Arivos and came charging foward, weapon in hand. "Stand down Centaur! I am one of the elves! I am not with the banshee queen!" The centaur stopped a foot from Arivos, his eyes staring down into his own. It stood about eight feet tall, dark brown fur and a tanned upper torso, rather muscular but that was to be expected. It also seemed to have some form of armor on, steel perhaps covering it's shoulders and chest. His choice of weapon was a rather large trident.

"What are you doing here, elf! Your people do not come into this forest." His voice was gruff and stern but fair, it lacked arrogance. "I could ask you the same, your people are supposed to be to the north west of the desert. So why are you here?" The centaur circled Arivos who kept his eyes on the centaur but barely turned his head. "I am here to strike a deal with the Banshee Queen. She will wipe us out, so I have come to aid her, to save my people." Arivos' brow raised slightly, "Then you're an idiot, centaur. She will only turn on you, but I can offer your people something. A war is about to break out, the elves and humans fighting as one soon enough. I'm here to sneak in and kill the bitch and end it before the war happens." The centaur didn't seem to believe this as he snorted, scoffed even, "You don't have to believe me, centaur, but it will happen. I have nothing to lose, nothing to fear, not anymore. Go to the elves, plead your case, your people were once allies to us. Tell them Arivos Asho'lanus sent you." The centaur stopped moving as Arivos said his new last name, a smirk crossed Arivos' lips. It was almost cruelly smug as he looked towards the centaur. "That's right. Last of the Asho'lanus, centaur. Go before you forsake your people, the undead will not win this." The centaur said nothing more and ran off towards the north as Arivos sat down by the water's edge.

They won't win. They made me feel for Sephira, made me care. All the chain of events led me to love and then be broken because of the undead. They will regret all I've felt because of them. They will fear what I've become and I have no demons in me, I have no monsters to call fourth. I don't need them, I have something far more powerful. My hatred for all I've felt, all of it focused on one task. Killing the Banshee Queen. His eyes had changed again, for the last time, they were a cold emerald now, lacking the light and caring stare they always hinted at. This was no one's fault, he didn't have to deal with such things before and now he may never have to again. I will not let myself love again, it is a weakness. It makes you hurt, makes you regret, makes you hesitate, makes you doubt youself. Keep them all at a distance now, Arivos. Keep yourself at a distance because if they get close you will crumble as they are taken away. You have to focus now on each task, not the people but what must be done, that is the only way you will be successful.

He stood up, nodding to himself as he felt he understood all he must be. He felt different, cold but focused, alone but strong. He'd probably not speak of his thoughts either, it wasn't important. All that mattered now was doing what they came here to do, finish what the Banshee Queen had started. Not only that but the rare occurrence also gained them more strength in the coming war which may aid them if they failed here. That is if the centaur made it out alive, though he didn't care. They would end this here before the war could start, end the banshee queen and then Akiko. I have a personal debt with you, Akiko, and I will be seeing you soon. With that he made his way back towards their camp, walking in the dark, silent, cold forest that no longer made him shiver. His eyes shifted for a moment but he didn't stop moving, something was watching him, following him. He could just barely make out the sound of it's movement over his own, whatever it was it would follow him to their camp.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:28 pm

"How am I supposed to control a power that no one can teach me to use? Alice and Verinnia can't teach me, I'll kill them. I very highly doubt Arivos would just let me shoot balls of light at him, but I mean, Astaroth would make a could target dummy," Fox huffed, cocking her hip to the side in an angry manner. The sudden gesture caused a quick pain in her stomach that faded as fast as it had come. With her powers, she pulled her daggers from under her dress and, after coating them in pure light energy again, held them in front of her, several inches above her hands. "See, doesn't hurt my head at all now! I got it!" Fox smiled, twirling the daggers rapidly. "Okay, now try attacking with those daggers instead of making a light show," Aaron yawned as he scratched the back of his head. Fox smirked and threw one dagger at him, which he easily dodged. Upon throwing the second, she fell over herself, sending the dagger into the dirt. She felt the familiar prick of pain in her head as warm liquid dribbled down her lips. "And now your nose is bleeding," he applauded her sarcastically, "great job. You're ready to take on the Banshee Queen."

Fox mumbled angrily to herself as she attempted to stop the bleeding. Verinnia knelt next to her and tilted her chin back. "If you tilt your head like this, the bleeding will stop," she smiled, her surprisingly warm hands still lightly held against Fox's skin. Blushing, Fox averted her eyes as they both waited for the bleeding to stop. When it had seemingly let up, Arivos walked back towards them, the first thing in his gaze was Verinnia holding Fox's tilted head. Anger flared in his eyes and quickly vanished as he manifested several arrows and began shooting them into the trees. Verinnia helped Fox to her feet and the two stood again in front of Aaron, who looked on lazily. "What was your wild plan? To have something magical happen and save you from the pathetic-ness of yourselves? Fox can't use her powers without hurting herself, which means she can't use enough power to do damage before most likely blacking out. Verinnia's shapeshifting sword is nice, and her control over the dark magick's is quite impressive, but once her emotions come into play she falls victim to them and she loses control of herself. Arivos still has yet to unlock the full potential of his power because he's too stubborn to accept that even with magick he's not strong enough. Even with magick he still requires aid. If you'd all stop pussy-footing about I could help you, otherwise you're all just walking into very painful deaths," Aaron had lost his subtly and apparently also his patience. He cut all of them down, pointing out their combat flaws and how they were not ready to fight off even a cold.

"Fine, what do you suggest we do then?" Verinnia asked as she moved to stand closer to Aaron. The moment they got closer, something sparked in Fox's mind. The eyes, the hair, the facial features. They're related! Fox screamed in her head, nearly saying it aloud. "Took you long enough to figure that one out," came Alice's coy voice. Fox pouted, which caused Alice to giggle. Shaking her head and forcing Alice to go back to playing dress up in her room, Fox focused again on her magick as Aaron and Verinnia spoke to each other. A casual glance towards Fox from Verinnia caused her magick to give out. Her daggers dropped, hitting the dirt with a light thud. Her face instantly turned crimson as she picked them up manually and turned away.

Get ahold of yourself! What is wrong with you? You and Verinnia have looked at each other before without this much tension! "It's because you finally admitted your feelings. Now that they're out in the open you can't hide them anymore." No matter how annoying, Alice was right. Fox had admitted not only to herself but to Verinnia as well that she held feelings for the girl. Did Verinnia return them? Would there ever be a future for the two? What kind of life would they have if Fox was sill forced to marry Arivos? Would he just be a public figure while behind the scenes she made violently passionate love to her undead consort? It would be expected of the two to produce children, heirs. Fox would be forced to have sex with Arivos in order to produce children. She turned back again to look at Verinnia, who was twisting dark magick around her shapeshifting blade. Could we ever truly have a future, Verinnia? Do...Do you love me too? The thought didn't have long to echo in her mind before a shadowy figure approached them through the trees, still mostly concealed by the dark of the forest.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:01 pm

Aaron's suddenly shot up as he realized what was coming near. He actually got so into their training, and because he was lazy, he did not feel it's approach until now. As the figure drew closer one could see that although it did seem to have legs, it floated as it moved. It seemed to be a very tall humanoid creature although shadows surrounded it while it's face was white and blank. As it drew closer Fox and Arivos began to hear whispers in their heads as if they were schizo while Verinnia and Aaron were unaffected. "Fox, Arivos," Aaron said just as Arivos came back. "Come close to me. No questions." He said as he motioned them over to himself. "Stay still, stay behind me." They became confused as they looked around not being able to see it, but as Aaron noticed them attempting to see it he spoke with haste, "Do not look in the direction I am facing." He said as the creature lurked ever closer until he was right in front of Arivos. "Leave us, there are no children here, or people who believe in you." His speaking seemed to confuse the creature as Fox and Arivos's vision seemed to crackly like a glitch on a video camera. It seemed the creature could hear, but not exactly see Aaron or Verinnia as it was attracted to living beings unlike them. After what seemed like ages the creatures began to float away, backwards while still staring at them all, and when it was finally far away enough where itwouldnt return, Aaron sighed as he returned to them. "Alright, new first thing to be learned. How to both suppress how your power feels, and how to detect when the presence of even the smallest thing is nearby." He said this with a clap as he dragged Arivos and Fox by their collars towards a larger field. "Now, let us be quick about this-Oh, Verinnia, practice whichever ability you would like."

"I think I'll just do cardio.." She said while feeling left out as she sprinted into the woods as she trained her reflexes and agility.

"Anyway.... We are to learn you some control, so let us get started with Arivos here, show me if you can figure out how to suppress your power, then try to detect where the small ghost in this town is, then you will try, Fox. After both of you attempt to on your own, I shall teach you a more reformed way as this will be important in the upcoming battle, to be able to tell who is who by their power level." He waited for a moment as they seemed to bre dumfounded by all the goings on. "Well? Begin! The night is still young!"
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:51 pm

"Suppress it? Aren't I doing that already by not bringing forth the bow? I figured it was like a fire, ignite it and the whole world can see it, douse it and it no longer exists. I can't suppress it any more then I am now, Aaron." Aaron just stared him with a 'really?' kind of look. "Your power is always pusling, even when it's not active. It's like an aura, a light surrounding you but can be felt though some can see it as well." Arivos tilted his head slightly, staring back at the man with an annoyed kind of look, "So what am I supposed to do? Just concentrate on it not being active? I have to keep my mind focused, I can't run around focusing on my power being not there." Aaron shook his head slightly with an equally annoyed sigh, "Then you will be the death of them because they'll sense you coming a mile away."

Arivos clenched his firsts, eyes closing in anger. This is pointless! We should be sneaking in and just finishing this, who cares if they can sense us? Once we're inside they'll know anyways. They know Verinnia's face, they know Fox's face. They know my face! They'll sense the fact we're alive as the entire city is dead! So he attempted to focus on clearing his mind, to lower his power but too many things started entering it. Too much on his mind, things he wanted to throw away, things he never wanted to think of, things he wish never happened. Things of recent and things of the distant past that came boiling to the surface. "This is a waste of time, Aaron! We're alive! They'll smell us a mile away with or without powers!" Something definetly had changed in him, Sephira could see it now. He wasn't being the patient, calm elf he was since they met and he was too stubborn to talk about it. Perhaps she should stab his other leg?

"And I've already found that I can sense magic, Aaron." Aaron gave him that rather unimpressed look again, "Then find the ghost I spoke of." Arivos closed his eyes but still find it hard to concentrate. He could sense a lot of things, Verinnia in the distance, Sephira and Aaron in front of him but it was all jumbled up, he couldn't clear it up enough to find that unknown source. "I can't do it. I'm not a mage, I'm an elf. A ranger, why is it so important if I sense it when Verinnia and Sephira can already do so?" Aaron shook his head disappointedly, "I've never known you to give up, Arivos. You're pathetic, you're not the elf you once were and you're going to get them killed because of it." Arivos just stared at him, fuming at this point like a child who was told he was wrong, Aaron seemed unaffected and clearly didn't care. "You're turn Sephira."
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:24 am

Fox took a step back, looking on at Arivos, who seemed even more agitated than usual. She almost thought that maybe he was more damaged than she'd originally assumed. Clearing her thoughts, she concentrated hard on masking herself, and suddenly felt herself calming. She almost felt normal again for a few precious moments before the sensation snapped back and she fell to her knees. Arivos moved to help her but she pushed him back. "No, I'm fine. How'd I do?" she asked as she got to her feet. Aaron yawned before nodding. "Well, you certainly lowered your power levels a significant amount. I could still sense you but it was much less than before. Keep practicing that and try to work on sustaining it longer. You're going to have to hold it a lot longer than a few seconds when you get closer to the undead city. But it's a start, now try sensing the ghost," he swept his arm across the empty space, waiting. Closing her eyes again, she tried to reach out with her mind for the energy around her. She felt Verinnia's energy pulsating vibrantly nearby, felt Arivos' slightly elevated heartbeat, and felt the yawn escape Arivos' lips before the sound reached her ears. And just beyond his left shoulder was a small pocket of energy that didn't belong to any of them. "It's behind you," she opened her eyes and pointed just over his shoulder.

Throwing his head back, Aaron laughed and patted Fox on the shoulder. "Very good! For someone new to arcana you do surprisingly well with it. Alright, now go sit over there where I can watch you," he pointed to a spot not too far from where Verinnia had been, "and meditate a bit. Try and hold the power suppression for as long as possible. I want to not be able to sense you at all! And once it gets to that point, you need to sustain it. You may be suppressing your power level for days at a time, so you need to be able to do this," he had turned back towards Arivos, as if telling him more than Fox. Obliging, Fox walked a short distance away and sat on the hard ground, her hands on her folded legs and concentrated hard, feeling the weightlessness of her suppress before it snapped back. "Try again!" Aaron called as he went back to railing Arivos about his arrows.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:56 am

"Hmm, well Arivos, I can see you have no patience for hiding your pressure, but what if we do this.." He said as he held Arivo's bow wrist. "Try focusing not on the idea of a bow, but of the idea of being pinned in a corner. There is no time to draw an arrow, and your enemy is within swinging distance." As Aaron said sall this he began to focus into Arivos's eyes as he gave him hallucinations to help him focus harder before really putting the focus in him big time as he showed him a vision of the banshee queen going to slice his chest open. "She swing, and she is going to hit and kill you, think of what you need to protect from that." Aaron said quickly and hastily as his bow's image began to fizzle like a camera, and as Arivos held up his arms in an attempt to defend himself from what looked like a real attack, inside his hands was now no longer a bow, but what seemed to be a sword made of crystal. Aaron let up the image as Arivos took notice of the sudden change of his bow, but not another five seconds later, the sword hard returned to bow form. "Let me tell you Arivos, while that was in it's sword form, I could not feel it's energy, and that is the aim here asides from teaching you to melee with your power, but there are also many more forms your power can take if you train hard enough although obviously the bow being the strongest of them all. Good Job, Arivos, you may rest now, or continuing trying to summon forth your melee weapon as it may not even be a sword officially, but it came out as that this time as you never used it like that before."

Aaron left him be as he walked over towards Fox as he wondered what exactly Verinnia was up to, before he saw her playing with that creature from before as he face palmed. "So predictable, she always was a strange one, and at least it'll keep him away from us."

"Fox, I see you are working hard, but try this." Aaron said as he helped her up. "Keep your heels together, and hold your arms in front of you as if you were about to dive into water, now let yourself feel loose rather then concetrate hard, and think to yourself that you want to be hidden." Fox did as he asked and was able to easily get into a lessened state of power, and held it up for quadruple the amount she could before. "Great! Keep practicing, you'll get it in no time! Now as for your Light Magic, you should know that it may no longer cost you a thing as it feels as if it is beginning to draw from Alice, and part of you keeping your power down will give you more control over Alice, giving you more power without actually having more power as you can achieve illusions with the combination of Light and Dark, but you can also 'destroy the world' as people of old used to say when Arcana basically ruled the earth, but keep up the good work!"

He walked back over to Arivos while thinking to himself, "THey are still going to have problems...I would like ot offer Arivos the greatest add on to his power, but...then he would no longer have the ability to hide any power..I best save that for later...when they are in battle...perhaps I will plan to have him cut me down in battle, so that I may give him that ability to aid him..." HE stood silent thinking this near Arivos as he ghave him a questioned look before going back to his training while Aaron simply said good job before he began to think of it once more.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:25 am

Arivos concentrated on his weapons, two swords appearing in his hands. This time they were as black as night, the handles a dark blood red, the blades being at least a foot long if not a foot in a half. His eyes focused as he begun to swing, almost dancing as he attacked the air, it was the first time he had shown any melee ability and it was as fluent and easy to him as breathing. Each attack was precise, each step was calculated and steady, cutting through the air so easily. In his next step he rushed foward, jumping so that he was horizontal in there air and spun, eventually landing on one knee with a thrust coming as soon as he landed. Sephira looked towards him, almost shocked that he could move as fluently if not more so then she could, it being the first time he did anything but use a bow.

Oh... this going to be a lot of fun.
Any weapon I want? I could bring fourth a shield, swords, maces, axes, even two handed versions. Spears, lances, halberds, cross bows and bolts. It's an endless, if I could master this I could fight any situation but I wonder... is it only weapons? Can I summon a barrier around myself? Around all of us? He started to concentrate on this, a thin, purplish bubble slowly forming around him but it was clearly taking it's toll as he struggled to maintain it, the energy wrapping around and being produced by his hands as his weapons had. Soon, however, it collapsed as Arivos fell to his knees panting hard, sweat covering his forehead. "Don't try to rush these things, Arivos. Your powers may not have any long term consequences but trying too much can put a mental strain on you and we don't want you blacking out now do we?" Aaron grinned slightly, "You did very good with the swords, I'm surprised you didn't keep to them, always liked you better when you fought with the swords rather then your bow and I still couldn't feel your power at all with them, this will work very well when all of you are ready to take the fight to the Banshee Queen. That barrier, however, produced a lot of power, more then your bow and easily tracked, careful with it if you master it."

Arivos grinned slightly, in a rather smug manner, arrogance hinted in his features, seeming to not fully hear all Aaron had said. "Well, this will certainly save money on black smiths. Haven't even used the swords on my hips yet and I got them almost a week ago in Duskwood when I was escorting them." Aaron nodded slightly, seeming a bit concerned with the look Arivos, "Careful Arivos, power can corrupt people, don't let it do such to you." Arivos waved his hand dismissively, "I know what I'm doing Aaron. These powers are all I have in the world now, I plan to be careful with them, trust me." Aaron wasn't exactly relieved or convinced but he nodded, going back to check on Sephira's progress.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:28 am

Watching on in awe, she watched as Verinnia danced in the forest with a shadow while Arivos manifested swords and swung them around like they were extensions of his arm. Shaking her head, she couldn't help but feel a sting of jealousy. They both had their shit under control and the most she could do was mask her power. What good did that do her or anyone else? Sure, the undead wouldn't immediately be able to identify their little group. It would be too obvious if an immensely powerful undead aura was accompanied by a light arcana and an elven ranger. But what good did that do her or her friends when they were undoubtedly found and captured. Sighing to herself she sat down on a nearby rock and simply watched Verinnia as she laughed with the shadow that seemed to be ignoring the rest of the group. How could the girl be so happy? So blissfully unaware of everything? Fox's world was crashing down around her. She was in love with that girl. That undead creature, a girl whose face sharply resembled that of this reavers. Sighing, she shook her head and closed her eyes again. There was no way Verinnia could feel the same. Fox was alive, Verinnia was dead. Verinnia powerful, Fox unstable. They didn't match. And yet...

She peeked her eyes open to see Verinnia coming from the forest now. She was playing with her sword, which she'd changed into a whip sword and was swinging it around like a toy. Closing her eyes once more, she tried to calm herself. There was nothing between the two of them. Just...just a friendship. One she didn't want to ruin by exposing feelings that most likely weren't returned. "How are you doing?" Aaron's voice startled her, causing her to lose balance and topple off the rock. Regaining her composer, she brushed herself off and eyed him angrily. "I was doing fine until you came along! I-I'm tired, I'm gonna go rest. I've done enough for today!" Fox tossed a glance over at Verinnia, whose face was lit up with concern. Trying not to let the look get to her, Fox turned her back on all of them and stormed into the shack, where she settled into the darkest corner, pulled her knees to her chest, and began to doze off.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:09 pm

"Well, yeah you may rest for now." Aaron said as Sepheria walked off before meeting up to Verinnia. "Now Verinnia, I need you to train something, the ability to fuse Astaroth in your body, but just a shell, not himself, so that you may control the power directly giving you more with less fatigue, but you will also be limited as to how long it will last unless you train your body and mind, so off to training you go!" He said as he lifted Verinnia by the back of her shirt and carrying her towards a building which had an open area that seemed to be all of bed material. "You are to go on inside your mind, and meditate with Astaroth, so get to it!" He said as he walked out and towards Arivos while waving. "Yoooo, time for a new lesson!" He nearly yelled over to him before reaching him. "Time to learn how to fight against a reaver!" He said as he pointed to himself with his thumb. "Come at me Arivos, first I want you to even attempt to hit me, and do not worry...any attack you could do at this moment will not harm me permanently, but I do ask to please aim for my lower body, I like my clothes." He said while joking as he opened his arms wide.

---

"Well, looks like we got some boring work to do," Astaroth said as he patted Verinnia head. "Let's get started then, shall we?"

"Yes, hopefully we can do this rather quickly..." SHe said softly with a sigh as they began to meditate before sparring against one another, mostly using their minds instead of their fists.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:47 pm

Arivos' eyes followed Sephira as she went into the shack though his features were unreadable. When Aaron approached him Arivos nodded, bringing fourth those black swords once more. "So, Aaron. When are you going to tell her?" Aaron raised a brow slightly as he watched Arivos getting into position. "Tell who what now?" Arivos' eyes narrow slightly, "Don't play dumb with me, when are you going to tell Verinnia you're her father." Aaron simply shook his head, "I don't know what you mean, now come at me with all you have." Arivos simply shook his head before charging Aaron, swinging for his head. The attack was well timed, well aimed and perfectly performed but Aaron yawned as he dodged it as if it was done by a child flailing around. "You're toying with me..." Aaron grinned slightly, "Simply testing you, Arivos. I need to know how weak I need to make myself."

Arivos growled at this, coming at Aaron again but this was less skill and more rash anger, missing again. "Come now, Arivos. I've never known you to be so easily taunted, so easily fired up." Arivos swung again and again and again like wind mill he attacked, all of them missing. "I've changed, Aaron. You can blame your daughter and Sephira." Aaron shook his head slightly, "First. I don't know why you'd think such a thing and two it is not their fault, it's your's. Have you become this selfish? Taking after you're adoptive father?" Arivos growled out now, "Don't you dare compare me to him!" With that he charged at Aaron, attempting to tackle him but clearly missing. "Why? It's what you've become." Arivos shook his head, "No. I came to realize emotions are useless. You feel things and they're broken, you care and you end up her. You love and you end up heartless. At least you'll have a future to look forward to. I'm sure Verinnia and Sephira will be very happy after we finish this, once the Banshee queen is dead I plan to do what I do best. Disappear." Aaron simply shook his head, yawning again, "So you've become selfish and a coward."

Arivos' eyes narrowed slightly, "I am no coward, Aaron. I've put my life on the line for both of them! I've watched over them when I could have walked away! When this is done I'll leave so Sephira doesn't have to marry a man she can not love and she can persue Verinnia as they both want. I do better alone." Aaron seemed rather unimpressed by this, "So you run away from you're friends, hurting them further, you're a coward Arivos and not the elf I once respected." Arivos threw his swords at Aaron, causing them to cut horizontally through the air, missing Aaron's head as he once more dodge them. The swords came spinning back like boomerangs, something Aaron hadn't expected, one of them cutting ever so slightly into his arm. "There. This training is done." Arivos turned to walk away, Aaron reappearing infront of him. "If you let this eat at you, Arivos, you will become no better then the undead. Sure you'll be an elf, but you'll be dead inside and no use to either of them." Arivos shook his head as he stared at them. "I'm the third wheel here, Aaron, the protector two lovers who don't even realize the other loves them. Her father expects her to marry me, I becoming a consort. I leave and that won't happen, I make sure they're safe and she can be with Verinnia when I disappear. There is nothing else I can do. I make sure they both live through this so they can be together, then I disappear so it can become a reality." Aaron moved away, leaving him with a few words. "You're only thinking of what you think is best, without even talking to them. Oh and by the way, I had lower my powers greatly, you're still a novice."

Arivos turned his head to say something to Aaron out of anger but his eyes caught a glimpse of Sephira looking out of the shack. Did... she hear everything? Fuck. I'm going to get stabbed again.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:38 am

Anger darkened her features so deeply it was as if the sun had gone out. A sound of pure anguish erupted from her throat as she threw herself on top of him, her eyes sparkling like stars and her daggers, encased in light, against Arivos' throat. "You selfish pig," she spit, her voice echoing mysteriously. "We're friends...and you're just going to leave because I...because...it doesn't matter! You're weak, stubborn, and a coward! I thought you cared, Arivos! I was wrong! Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong!" she screamed, her daggers beginning to ebb into his skin. Arivos stared up at her, unsure of what to do or how to react. His eyes darted around, Verinnia and Aaron now staring at the scene.

"Don't look at me, buddy. I ain't getting involved in a problem you caused by being a basket case. Besides, neither of us could touch her right now even if we wanted to. She'd purify and kill us instantly," Aaron yawned as he plopped down on the ground to watch the two. "How dare you, you selfish cow! We're your friends and because of...because of your selfish cowardice you want to run away?! So why are you truly leaving? You think it's best to leave me alone? Without a friend? And is that all I am to you? Some selfish girl who's in love with someone completely taboo! Did you ever think, for one second Arivos, that we couldn't be together even if we tried! When I go home I will be in the public eye for the rest of my life! I will be forced to produce children, when I've only recently realized that I...I like...women...And you think you're the one suffering! You fucking piece of shit! Dig in and take some responsibility for the set of circumstances we've been dealt and do what you promised! Stay by my side until I die. And if you can't keep that promise then better the Banshee Queen kill you where your coward hide lay!" sliding the dagger across his neck, she forced a small trail of blood to trickle down him before she drove the dagger into the dirt beside him, severing his hair at an odd angle.

Standing up again, she turned to look at Aaron, who was watching drolly. "Can you sense me right now?" she asked calmly, her voice still echoing. Aaron simply shook his head, "can you control yourself?" he asked back. "For the most part," she nodded before coming face-to-face with Verinnia. When their eyes met, Fox felt her powers melt away rapidly, causing her to stumble. Balancing herself, she took a few steps closer and looked deep into Verinnia's eyes. "We're staring death in the face, Verinnia, so I'm not going to waste time trying to be coy and naive. I love you and I know full well we may never have a future but I don't care," she extended her hand shakily to Verinnia, who simply stared back at her.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:54 pm

"I thought as much, Fox." Verinnia said as she slightly held Fox's finger tips. "But you should forget these feelings as it will only hurt you further.... Fox, I may not live through this battle, and it is as simple as that. You need to be prepared to lose me for good." She let these words dig deeply into Sephira's mind as she nearly saw the breaking of her soul in her face. "Promise me that no matter what happens," Verinnia said as she knelt down towards Sephira. "That you will continue on, even if it is without me." Verinnia kissed her forehead lovingly before speaking once more. "I have been ready to lose my life for many years now, and have come to terms with it, and you must as well. No amount of life or healing magic will be able to save me. It has been decided. If you are to see me again after I had died, stay away as the only thing left will be the demon..." Verinnia stood up while looking towards Fox with her sullen face before seemingly being very happy and childish once more. "You just need to take it in stride and with cheer!" She said happily as it dawned on Arivos and Fox that her acting like a child, this whole time, was a way of coping with what she believes is her destined death.

Aaron stood by, quite the whole time although one could sense a tear from his face which he rubbed away subtly. "And this, is another part of your threes training, you must learn to accept each others fate...no matter how gruesome."
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Arivos had lowered his head, her words sinking in but as he heard Verinnia's response his heart actually broke for Sephira. She had put her heart on the line, as he did, and had it broken as he did. Her heart was broken worse with the realization that Verinnia was right, she might very well die, Arivos atleast was able to see Sephira and get over his own pain but Sephira could truly lose the one person she loved. He wanted to comfort her, but he knew he'd probably only get stabbed, Sephira wasn't one for soft, tender, open moments. The only time she really opened up, to Arivos atleast, was when she was pissed at him for doing something stupid. So instead he decided on something else, "We need to focus. There is no certainty that Verinnia will die, not while we still live, Sephira. Get as strong as you can, your light is the bane of the entire city of the undead, you can keep her alive if you focus." It hurt slightly for him to say that, pushing her towards Verinnia, giving her hope for something her partly wished would never happen but it'd make her happy. As her protector her, that was part of his job even if he hated it.

His hands tightened around the handles of his swords, "No one is going to die. We've handled everything they've thrown at as, even Akiko. No one is dieing." His said it with such certainty and such confidence that they all stared at him. He had just gone on about how he wanted to leave, and now he was being the voice of reason? Maybe Sephira really did get to him. "We focus, we watch our backs, kill fast and silent and we'll be fine. No one is dieing, Verinnia unless that's what you want because if that's you're goal I'll kill you right here and now and save us the trouble. Sephira and I haven't protected you this far for this long just to have you die on us." Arivos was back to his old self, at least on the surface as far as they could see.

His gaze then turned to Aaron, head tilting to the side as he stared at the reaver in a critical, suspcious manner, "Aaron. Where are the other reavers? They were sent for us, weren't they? Where are they now? We've been here for almost two days and they haven't shown." His eyes stared in a curious manner, part of him thought he knew why but he couldn't be certain. "You've been hiding our pressence from them, haven't you, Aaron? You've been protecting us this entire time..."
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:21 pm

Her heart sank into her stomach as Verinnia's words finally sunk into her. I thought as much, Fox...Be prepared to lose me for good...continue on, even if it is without me... Tears instantly poured past her defenses before she could even mutter a sound. The feeling of being repeatedly punched in the stomach made her nearly fall to her knees and vomit. She...she doesn't...I'm a fool...She was never mine to want... The injustice of it all screamed inside of her, nearly shredding her skin with her agony. Verinnia had looked at her so coldly, so calculated and unattached. Like the words hadn't mattered to her. What did she truly expect though? Verinnia was dead. She was alive. Verinnia was controlled by her fate, and Fox by her own. Her knees weakened and they began pointing inwards in a strained effort to keep her upright. Digging her fingers into her hair, she tried to hold onto herself, but she felt her soul crumbling. She was never mine to love... Alice's voice came into her head, whispered words of comfort fading in and out. She instantly hated Alice. Alice was a part of Verinnia, a part that had been ripped from her and just been tossed into Fox for convenience. And now Verinnia had tossed Fox aside and dared say it was for her own good.

She wasn't sure whether to be angry or anguished. How could she pick just one emotion to focus on. She wanted to hate Verinnia for her blatant rejection, but how could she? It wasn't her place to tell someone how to feel, even if it was all Fox seemed to want in the world. She was so sure that even if they were going to die, she'd have Verinnia. But now even that comfort had been ripped from her. I'm going to die alone... How could she even possibly hope to come out alive from this? The Banshee Queen wanted her dead for so many reasons now that even if they did manage to kill the bitch, the threat would still loom over her. Her anguish throbbed in her throat, threatening to solidify. Verinnia wasn't hers and never had been. Never would be. The most she could hope for was to die along with her so that she would never have to know life without her. I may not be able to save you, Verinnia. But I won't live without you. I won't live in this love by myself, this twisted realm of chaos and agony. I won't live on in my own anguish. I'd sooner take my own life than face what waits for me after this ordeal is over...I hate love... More tears escaped her before her knees finally buckled. She felt a hand on her shoulder and she instantly snapped. Her eyes twinkled with starlight again and a barrier instantly erected around her. It crackled with electric arcs and shined about as bright as the midday sun. Kneeling, her hands still entangled in her curls, she finally let her vulnerability out and she screamed. The scream was melodic, a twisted form of the Siren's Song.

Fox had lost her nerve. There was nothing for her now. Her destiny was set on a path that she could not alter or correct. She was losing Verinnia before she'd even had her, and when this was over she would be forced to go home and become queen. Her father would force her to marry Arivos, which would spark controversy and eventually begin talks of the unification of the realms of elf and man. She would further be forced to produce children and lead her people to peace and prosperity. Her life was over. She was trapped. There was no escape, no hope for happiness, no little piece left over for her to steal away into. Fine. If this is my consequence for love, my punishment for my life, then I'll gladly take death instead. Come kill me, Banshee Queen. More tears escaped her as the song faded out and the barrier began to shrink until it only encased her now shaking form on the ground. The cold dirt being her only comfort, she laid there, completely defeated, and waited willingly for someone to end her suffering. It was a few hours before the barrier had weakened enough for anyone to approach her. Curled in a ball, she laid alone in her dirt patch. Her dirty face coated with trails of her tears. When Arivos tried to approach her, her barrier instantly strengthened again, causing him to stumble back. "Let her alone, Arivos. Let's go finish our talk about the reavers in the house. She won't be bothered if we leave her for a bit," Aaron beckoned as he ducked into his shack. Arivos hesitated before passing by Verinnia, who had merely stood there and watched Fox break down. He sneered at her, hating that she was able to upset Fox so deeply. "You watch her. It's the least you could do," he hissed, anger coating his words so deeply that he felt that he'd been the one in Fox's position at this given moment. She didn't respond as she continued to look on at Fox, whose barrier had shrunk to merely encompass her body once more.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:27 am

Verinnia watched on as the small vision of horns grew upon her own head before Astaroth's voice rang. "You should tell her, Verinnia." He said as he watched the scene. "No, it will just make things worse.." Verinnia replied as she took a step away from her. "No, you know what, you are going to become weak if you do not do this, I;'m taking over." "No!" She yelled out aloud before becoming completely taken by Astaroth minus her looks. "Ah, that's better," Astaroth said as he used his power to use Verinnia's voice instead of his own. "Now then.." HE whispered before walking towards Sephira. Even as he closed in, the barrier that was left meant nothing to him even as he drew close enough to hold her chin an lift it up to face Verinnia's eyes. "Fox," Came Verinnia's voice, "I do care for you, and love you, and maybe you cannot hear me right now, but know I would love to spend the rest of my life with you, but I am going to die. It's been decided." Astaroth let go of control of her asides from using his power to protect her from the light barrier. Leaving Verinnia kneeling there in many tears. "I don't want to have to die..."

"Yes, yes I have." Aaron said to Arivos. "Otherwise they would already be on your asses, and as for where they are, I was put in charge of finding the lot of you, the other went on rampages, destroying villages and small cities, leaving Lich's in their wake." HE said gloomily before speaking once more. "THey are likely back to their defense posts of the city once more, awaiting your inevitable arrival, and you will have to defeat all seven of us in order to see the Queen, who by the way does have a demon of her own inside her...Satan, the last Prince of Hell which Akiko seeks...or so I believe anyway..."
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:02 am

"Wait... so you're telling me that while we waiting here they started the war without us! Wait wait wait... why would he be seek the demons?" Arivos was pacing, the old Arivos was definitely back as he tried to put it all together. "Wait. If he gets all the demons, won't that give him the cliche end the world kind of power? All the demons combined as one? Won't he need Verinnia's demon as well? If he gets this... we won't be able to fight that, even Sephira's light won't be able to fight that. Her entire life would be gone if she tried just from casting the spells!" Aaron nodded slightly, "This is true but one thing at a time, Arivos. Besides, who knows what the future holds, you mind find even more power before you get to the point of fighting Akiko." Arivos raised his brow slightly but decided not to ask. "Wait why are you telling me this and not them?" Aaron gave a half smile, "Because Sephira is out of it and Verinnia is needed to watch over her." Arivos sighed softly, "So basically you just won't give me a straight answer as usual."

Aaron chuckled lightly as he plopped himself down. "So. The other reavers." Arivos was still pacing which seemed to be making Aaron dizzy from watching him, "Oh sit down Arivos, you'll ruin my perfectly good ground." Arivos glanced to him before doing as he asked, "Aaron. How do we fight the reavers? No one's beaten them or even killed them since their creation, or so the legend goes. I'm guessing pure light would work but nothing is that simple, I'm learning this every day with everything we've fought." Aaron nodded slightly, "This true, that neckless might be of some use but Verinnia would have to be the one to use it." Arivos tilted his head to the side, "How do you mean?" Aaron chuckled, that lazy grin coming acrossed his lips. "Oh come now, I can't tell you everything but I will say this much, Verinnia could make great use of it." Arivos sighed heavily, "If I didn't respect you, Aaron I'd be rather annoyed with your riddles but I suppose it's better then being stabbed every five seconds. I swear, Sephira has injured me more then anything we've faced thus far. If the the reavers are back into position and waiting for us... will we fight them all at once or head on?" Aaron seemed to ponder this for a moment, "You might get lucky enough to fight them one by one but you do have to kill all of them." Arivos nodded for a moment until it hit him,

"Wait... all of them... that means..." His eyes stared into that of Aaron's who simply nodded, "Aaron. I can't do that... what about Verinnia? She has a right to know!" Aaron simply shook his head, "What's to be done is to be done, Arivos. You can only change so much of the future, something have to be but even some goodness can come out of this." Arivos shook his head, "That means you're still bound to her will but you've helped us, protected us! We can save you, Aaron, there has to be a way!" Aaron shook his head again, "Let it be. None should be cursed to this after all. What life is death really?"
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:38 pm

The starlight faded from her eyes and the barrier fell around her, leaving the ground glowing from where it had been. Her dewy eyes locked with Verinnia's, her hand still holding her chin. Fox weakly lifted her fingers and intertwined them with Verinnia's hand. Softly, she rubbed Verinnia's hand on her cheek, the feeling of her skin against hers sending chills down her spine. "Then it's been decided that I should die with you," Fox whispered into Verinnia's fingers. "No! You are not destined to die here! I forbid you to die!" Verinnia said, leaning in closer to Fox, their faces nearly touching. "It's been decided that I should love you. It's been decided that you return my love. Not even death will separate us. But don't despair, my love. I will do everything in my power to make sure we live far beyond this war," tears had fallen from Fox's eyes and were soaking Verinnia's hand as her own tears began to fall. "I won't let you do this..." Verinnia whispered, pressing her forehead against Fox's. "When have you ever been able to control me?" Fox giggled, her misted eyes sparkling.

Sitting up, she moved so that she and Verinnia were staring at each other evenly. "I am yours and you are mine," Fox said, pulling both of Verinnia's hands towards her. Unsure of how to respond or even how to feel, Verinnia simply nodded. In a swift movement, Fox threw herself forward into Verinnia's arms, her lips firmly planted against Verinnia's. Shock ran threw Verinnia's body before she relaxed and wrapped herself tightly around Fox and fell into the kiss. Their lips intertwined and their tongues danced as their passions fused and merged. All of their emotions that had been bottled until now exploded in this one heated moment. This moment, where they were one with each other, their bodies locked against each other. After what seemed like an eternity, they pulled apart, sitting back on their knees, breathlessly staring into each other's eyes.

"I forbid you to die, Verinnia. I don't care what has been decided. I don't care what you believe of the matter. You and I will live the end of our days together in the castle," Fox smiled, her lips red and swollen. Verinnia rubbed her own lips, still unable to get the image of Fox against her out of her mind. She simply nodded at this. Verinnia knew there was no arguing with Fox at this point, but there was also no arguing something that had already been decided. She deeply hoped however, that Fox was right and that she wouldn't die in the coming days. Turning, she saw Arivos and Aaron exit the small house. Arivos seemed to perk up when he saw Fox upright and smiling, but when his eyes fell upon Verinnia he scowled. It wasn't as reproachful a look as earlier, but it still carried anger, despite the recent knowledge he'd obtained.

"I think it's about time you all left. There isn't much more I can teach you, but I'm confident that you'll do alright," Aaron yawned as he stretched his arms above his head.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:17 pm

"Well then, I guess it is time for us to leave then." Verinnia said as she looked towards Fox with her childish smile. "We will move out and camp for one last night just outside the capital near the sewers, and make our entrance in the morning, sneak inside and attack at night, or something to that value." Verinnia was about to speak more about her stratedgies, but Aaron appeared next to her, and held her in an embrace to which Verinnia's eyes opened wide as she mouthed, 'what the hell.'? "Be safe Verinnia....and it may just be true that this is the last time I'll ever see you, and vice versa. Keep up your strength, and keep moving forward. Trust in your companians, and have them trust you. Go, and defeat that whore." Aaron said with near anger as he released her. He began walking away just as Fox and Arivos seemed to want to ask him one last thing, but he turned around and stated aloud towards Verinnia. "By the way! Your last name, it is Skye, I am sure you'll connect the dots soon enough, but for now I must leave." He instantly vanished into the woods as he thought to himself, "Good luck, my daughter." As he began to cry, the emotion from a reaver being so powerful that it could be felt by any creature nearby.

"Skye...." Verinnia whispered as she thought upon herself while looking towards the direction of the city. "Hm, don't want to face me and say it outright? I would say a brother...., but I can vaguely remember a father figure.." SHe thought to herself before speaking aloud so that they could hear her. "Well then, let's not let father down." She said with a surprising smile although a hint of sadness could be felt. "I may not see him ever again, but I can feel the ancient emotion of family love from him, the way he held me, the way he spoke, so let us not disappoint him." Verinnia said strongly as she wiped her tears away. "Well Arivos, Fox? Let's get going! She said smiling even if it was part fake as she grabbed Arivos by the arm, and grabbing Fox by her beautiful fingers. "I will be okay." Fox could hear coming from Verinnia's mind.

"Everything is ready now, Fox." Alice's voice was then heard. "Most of everyone's problems have been cast aside. Your feeling were returned, and Arivos is willing to do anything to protect the lot of you.

"It is time, Verinnia. The final fight is approaching us, Verinnia." Astaroth said towards her while holding his emotional arms around her to which she smiled.

Arivos, although he does not have anything to speak to him, could feel what his weapon was telling him. "Be safe, be couragous, defend and fight well. We are here along with you, the ones who know you the most."

---

"Ahh, mother. I have finally returned from the crusades.." Akiko mockingly said to his mother. "And where exactly the hell have you been?" SHe replied with anger as she tapped her foot while sitting in her throne. "My apologies," Akiko replied with he smart ass smirk while keeping his eyes closed. "I may not have been able to retrieve sister, but she is on her way home herself it seems." He hinted purposefully towards her while laughing. "I believe she comes for an attempt on your life, how foolish of her." "Indeed, Akiko. She will suffer for this one, and we will experiment further until she obeys every command. Tear her limbs, fuck her corpse, do anything to make that girl my personal weapon." HEr voice was heavily raised in anger as she went on a nd on about the evil torture methods she would use on Verinnia before Akiko finally would speak up. "She's not alone either, mother. Two others although I do now know who they are," Akiko lied as he sat on the side throne to herself. "Now we just wait." He said with a smile. "Bring it on, sister." The two laughed together greatly as all the reavers now appeared before them. They all landed together, including Aaron as they saluted. "Mission one accomplished, every city and town you named has been destroyed while leaving hell in it's place. We are ready for phase two." They said in unison before being told that the plan will be changing just slightly...
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Arivos, once more, took the lead with his swords in hand so that he'd have weapons but little to no chance of being tracked through the magic. This is it, Arivos. Life and death colliding, but the question is which side will you end up on at the end? Will death take you? Or will you live to tell the tale at the taven while drinking yourself to a drunken slumber? I suppose we won't find out until the end, no will we? His mind was racing with all the possibilities of what was to come, would any of them live through this? Or would they all die. He found himself wondering what was to happen if Sephira died here, he'd have to be on the run. Her father would blame him and he'd be put to death. Part of him hoped Verinnia died, not due to his hated but due to the fact her life wouldn't be easy after this. She'd become queen of the damned, force to lead the undead and try to convince not only the undead but the humans and elves that there would be no future war. Arivos was the only one who didn't have to lead anything if he survived and he'd only have to go into hiding if Sephira died here. The possibilities of the future were numerous but one thing was certain, Akiko and the Banshee Queen had to die.

After about an hour or two of walking they reached a dimly lit cave, "This should be the entrance to the undead city. Aaron said it was a cave, an entrance few know about and it should take us right to the royal chambers, an escape tunnel should the worst happen. I say we make camp here and wait for night though it's near impossible to tell what is day and what is night here. I suppose it's up to you two whether we go in now or we wait." His eyes shifted towards the two of them before taking a peak in side. The walls were lined with cob webs and dust, it was clear no one had used this tunnel in a very, very long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Medieval Struggle
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Roleplay :: Roleplay :: Raziel's Domain-
Jump to: