Project Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Roleplay

A forum where good RP is born

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Medieval Struggle

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:01 pm

It was nearly dawn by the time Fox opened her eyes, her entire body felt lighter. Touching her throat, she made a small noise and felt her throat vibrate back. Smiling, she sat up slowly, her head spinning, and looked at her companions. Arivos was packing something into a pipe while Verinnia snored. "Ve-Verinn-Verinnia..." Fox forced her voice to work. The elven woman had been right, her voice was higher pitched and raspy, but at this point she was glad she could talk at all. Verinnia perked right up and smiled wide. "You're okay!" wrapping her arms tightly around Fox, she rubbed their cheeks together before backing off a bit to sit on her knees and bounce contently. "Good, you're awake. We should get going, we're being followed," Arivos said matter-of-factly. "You just noticed that?" Fox asked sarcastically, feeling a sense of pride swell at the fact that she could insult him again. Arivos bit back an insult and motioned for the girls to rise.

"So where are we headed?" He asked, looking around him, trying to think of where to go. "The capital you dolt. I don't know how many times I need to tell you I need to get paid. And I think I have another client," Fox said as she took a right, steering away from both the Elven Kingdom and the desert. Arivos and Verinnia were quickly at her heels, Arivos taking the lead. "Is it safe for you to be in the capital?" he asked, remembering how upset she'd gotten when she was forced into the Elven Kingdom. Fox went to laugh but it turned into a croak. Coughing to clear her throat she replied, "safe? No place is safer! Sitting right under their noses, they haven't the slightest clue. I even have a house there. It was gifted to me by a very thankful client. Come on, we'll be safe from the undead there too," Fox said, her hand outstretched to Verinnia. The girl seemed startled but quickly ran forward to take her hand.

"So how far to the capital?" Verinnia asked, looking into Fox's eyes. Shrugging, Fox didn't take her eyes off the path that led to the main road into the Kingdom of Man, "a couple of days. With a party like us, we're going to have to avoid most main roads and all traffic. The Siren's a wanted criminal, Arivos is a lost Duke, and you're an undead weapon. Altogether we're a prize for anyone looking to make a quick fortune. But there's no safer place but my house!" Fox reassured, a scared look creeping across Verinnia's face. "Lead on Arivos!"
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 12:32 am

"Ummm,' Verinnia began as they began walking, 'Are we to travel through the desert once more, or are we um, going to ah, travel through the forest?" She asked with concern as it seemed she still rather take the desert as undeads stand no chance there, but their part could also figure out that just because Verinnia was unaffected during their travel does not mean she'll stay unaffected by rigamortis or the like.

---

"Why does she always seem so fragile, Astoroth?" Alice asked him while viewing Verinnia through her mind. "It' making me sick, and if it was not for this seal I'd man her the hell up."

"Hmmmmm," Asaroth grumbled as he thought upon it. "Whenver she is herself and alone she seems frightened, but I believe it is an act as she knows damn well how powerful she really is." The sound of spitting could be heard to which Alice believed rude. "Red Mage, that's a laugh although I have no clue as to where she learned such magics, being an undead."

The topic being nearly closed as Alice just sighed, she brought up one more subject, "What are we to do if the seal backfires and attracts more attention?" The question was asked with an almost fear like voice coming from her mouth. "Although it would appear you would have no problem with an intruder, but I am a newer soul to this body, but if it did turn out to release me from this prison.."

Astaroth laughed loudly for a long while before speaking, "Even if you were to escape you would be hunted down by the human warlock group that works within the undead monastery, and if they do not kill you, you will just be bound to another soul." Astaroth yanws before continueing, "Stay here, we both could use the company, and do not dare even deny it as I can see through all lies."

Alice just gave him a pouting angry face and faded back into the darkness of Verinnia's mind as Astaroth stuck around, seemingly so patient as to always wait round for the oppertunity to come out once more.

---

Verinnia shook her head for a moment a she asked either of her companions heard a voice.....but of course they did not. Was she truly acting? Is she lying about how she truly is, attempting to hide still yet what is inside her? Or had her mind really begun to become destroyed? Only time will tell it seems.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 am

"When we get there I can assume my actual identity. I won't need the hood anymore." Arivos was, once more, in the lead as he took point, eyes occasionally looking scanning over his shoulder. They're still following us? What is it they want? They look skittish rather threatening, is there more of them now? How do they hope to keep this up? They have to know we'll notice them eventually if Verinnia hasn't already given that away.

"I won't be staying at your house, Fox. I'll have some business to attend to when we reach the capital. People to see about certain matters I will not discuss with you two." He seemed to add the second part as Verinnia and Fox gave him looks of curiosity. He suspected Fox couldn't really care less but Verinnia's curiosity always seemed rather blunt as she was curious about everything. "Oh... and Verinnia. No, and I mean absolutely no magic while we're in the capital because I -will not- protect you. So no matter what happens, no magic, no spells, -no- helping. Understood?" Verinnia gave the man a nervous nod, perhaps he really didn't like her at all, he was still rather hard to read for her.

In the distance they could now see the white walls of the capitol city of men. Colorful dots of people dashing this way and that, banners and flags could be seen. The faintest sound of chatter could be heard rising from the city and reaching their ears even though they were still a good half a day walk at the most from the city itself. This is when Arivos pulled down his hood, letting his hair out from it's clutches. The ebony colored locks remained in that long braided ponytail as it fell down just below his shoulders. "Since you both already know my name, use it. As he reach the city, however, I will be off by myself. It's your job, Fox, to watch over her. I'm sure you won't mind that but like I said. No magic. No helping. We need to stay peaceful here, no matter what because I will not vouch for you if you get yourselves into trouble." His eyes were more focused on Verinnia then Fox because he already knew she knew how to keep herself from being noticed with the cities, atleast a city that payed her well.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 am

Fox pulled her hood further down over her face as she took Verinnia by the hand and led her into the wide gates of the city. Arivos nodded to them and left, disappearing into the higher end distracts. Fox never ventured that far up, she wouldn't dare. Leading Verinnia, she took her down several narrow alleyways that led out into very populated streets. Mixing in with the people, she led Verinnia into a dark tavern. Sitting down at her usual table, she ordered Verinnia to look down and not say a word. Several moments later, a timid man approached the table, a large bag of coin hitting the wood. "Di-did you do it?" he asked in a trembling voice. Fox threw a bloody necklace at the man, which seemed to appease him. Waiting a few moments, she took the money and pulled Verinnia from the shady tavern back into the crowded streets. On the wall of the tavern was a picture of Sephira Auburdine that had been painted the eve of her disappearance. Apparently this was what they were using on her missing posters. The reward had jumped up again, this time her uncle was offering positions in his court to anyone who found her. Sighing inwardly, Fox ripped the poster down and gripped Verinnia tighter, pulling her into a middle class distract that was all but devoid of people.

They ended up in the back of the distract, in front of a quaint white house with a beautiful garden. "I guess the gardener has been keeping up with the yard," Fox mumbled under her breath as she unlocked the door and led Verinnia inside. The place was covered in fine furnishings, most of it not matching the other pieces. "Most of my clients don't have much money, so they pay me with what I can take from their targets. I usually get a good haul, as you can see." Fox's old paranoia set in as she rushed around, closing all the windows and covering them with her dark curtains. She surveyed the entire house, finding it empty aside from her and Verinnia. Sighing contently, Fox pulled her hood and mask off, throwing them on the table in the sitting room. Running her fingers through her hair, she realized that there was no longer any pain where she cracked her head open. I guess that potion truly did fix everything...

"I wonder how we're going to find Arivos again, he never told us where he was going or where we could find him," Verinnia said as she swung her legs from a high chair. Fox scoffed as she began to braid her hair. "He's up near the castle. All Duke's go there to report to my uncle or my father. He's just doing his duties as a Duke. He can't disappear for too long otherwise his affairs might fall out of place," Fox made a mocking face as she finished her hair and threw it back over her shoulder. Verinnia giggled but cocked her head, her curiosity still stirring in her, "what kind of things might he do?" Sitting back for a moment, Fox pondered on it. She hadn't paid much attention to the other Duke's when they came to the capital and really had no idea what kind of business Arivos could possibly have. Completely perplexed, she shrugged, "I haven't the faintest clue. All I do know is that I will probably have another job in the city. I'm going to head back down to the tavern. Why don't you head into my bedroom and sleep? It's just up the stairs and to the left. Please don't leave the house, okay? I'll be back by sundown." Fox pulled her mask and hood back up before shutting the door behind her, the sound of a clicking lock the last sound before total silence.

Verinnia, instantly feeling alone, walked up the small staircase to the bedroom. Inside was a large feather bed with satin sheets and posts decorated with hanging veils. Studying the room, she came to notice that the closet was full of expensive dresses as well as commoners clothes. On the dresser was a mountain of beauty products and jewelry. Turning, she looked to the wall opposite the bed. It was a large painting of a man and a woman standing behind a young woman with fire red hair and ice blue eyes. They all looked regal and sophisticated, making Verinnia assume it was Fox and her family. She studied the picture for a long time before commenting on it to herself, "Fox looks an awful lot like her father..."
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 11:30 am

Verinnia sighed as she paced around the room, feeling tired and lonely although these are things she had been used to for quite some time, but she was beginning to grow closer to Fox, and maybe even Arivos if he would ever trust any of them. Verinnia began to look around the room and examine all of the things in Fox's room as she let out another sigh. She did not want to be just sitting around, it made her nervous, she should be continuously on the move as she did not trust the city to be fully protected unlike they seemed to think. "How long is she going to be?" She asked aloud to herself, "I don't know," She replied to herself as she found herself staring at a full length mirror, across from the door to the room.

Becoming bored staring at her own image she walked away from the mirror although the mirror still reflected the same image. "Verinnia," A voice came from the mirror. She turned around ot once again face it, unafraid of anything again it seems. She is showing now fear again, was of this an act, or was she really this way? What is she trying to hide? "Which are you?" She asked towards the mirror, "Alice," Replied the mirror while it began to alter into Alice's true appearance. Her hair was at medium length, just touching her shoulders, so blonde it was almost white. She wore a white headband holding her hair perfectly back. She wore a nice and old fashioned blue dress with a small white belt just above her waistline which tied into a bow on her back similar to a kimono, and she wore cute black dress shoes, but the most noticeable part o her appearance is that her skin was white, white as fresh paint. "As I was hoping, the seal on you is not as powerful as I had initial thought as I can still phase myself in front of you, now with greater ease it seems, but Astaroth cannot." She said all this in explanation as she awaited to see Verinnia's response

"Then I guess we will have to get to know one another then....if that pleases us," Verinnia began as if she was talking negotiations. "What do you want from me, this is the first time you've actually came out to me."

"Well I heard you were coming to the Capital City, and I would just like some time to use your body to visit somewhere." Alice said calmly and with an actually serenity in her voice for a change.

"I've been told to stay here, what do offer for me to break what I have been told?" Verinnia asked with her interest slightly peaked.

"My magic, which I am sure would be of used to you." She said without a smile, just a bargaining grin on her face to which Verinnia showed back.

"Well the seal has made me feel weaker...." Verinnia said as she pondered the moment to think of her options. "Let's be quick about it, I would like to get back before Fox does, I'd hate to worry her." She then rested her body by sitting comfortably on the bed and allowing Alice entrance into her physical form. "The magic will be worth it, to protect them." She thought to herself as Alice began to enter her form. Within moments, Verinnia's look became exactly like Alice, excluding the length of her hair, and her clothes which remained the same. In other words, there is enough evidence left behind on her that Fox or Arivos could still see her as her.

Verinnia, or Alice now, hopped off the bed very childlike as she quickly left the house in a very quick moment. She began walking towards an area of the Capital which was currently in ruin, a small section of town. It was devoid of life, devoid of even thieves as no one was allowed near it for reasons most did not understand, because the higher ups wanted the story kept closed. When they had arrived to this section one could see many homes and shops which seemed to have been burned down many years ago, but no one attempted to fix it up as of yet. "Look's like it's still in the same shape," Alice said as she walked inside. Upon entering she quickly skipped from building to building, and some people out side of the area since then could swear that the ghost of a little girl was traveling the area. After many houses she finally stopped and stared up into one in particular. She entered this house more seriously than the others as she looked around, easily one of the most damaged of the homes as it seems to be were the fire had started here. Alice smiled as she looked around at the destruction before walking into a basement which seemed to be filled with mostly undamaged toys, clothes and a mysterious bookcase to which she walked right up to. Scanning through the books she smiled greatly as she found what she was looking for, surprised that it was still here. The book she had pulled out had a red cover with an ancient language marking the what seemed to be spell book. Upon receiving it and holsding it like a bear she began to leave when she noticed an old teddy bear laying upon the floor. It's ear was damaged, leg hanging by a thread as past life thouhts sped throughout Alice's mind. In a last thought she grabbed the teddy bear as well before leaving the building.

Seeing as what she wanted to do was over, she began walking back to Fox's house as agreed. The walked seemed much longer on the way back as it took nearly ten minutes to just get to the entrance of this forbidden area.

Not to mention that nearly anyone who would see this ghostly appearance there, would never want to know more as they would rather keep their lives untainted by what they believe to be a curse there, or surrounded by a volly of ghosts.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Arivos had made his way through the throng of people, so many of them greeting him by handshake or name or simple nod which he returned kindly. Most of them were commoners or middle class people. Arivos had always shown more kindness to them then most, another reason many upper class members dislike it beyond his being an elf. They all seemed to smile as he passed. He had given many of them coin and sometimes even shelter in his home, some even requested aid on other matters such as bringing them food they could not get themselves. After about twenty minutes of walking he finally reached the building he had been seeking, a hall built out of the same stone the castle and walls were built of. It almost shined in the sun light, gleaming with it's ivory white color, it's strong wooden door painted blue for the capital city as it was the hall that the dukes and even the king discussed many of their matters. It sat right just inside the walls that surrounded the castle, home to the king.

Arivos took a deep breath and pushed the door open, the other dukes and such already discussing some matter as he entered. They all fell silent, however, as he was the one who had called for this meeting as soon as he had entered the capital. The king stood up though he didn't look well at all, his was grey, his face sunken in around the eyes as well as bags being under them. As he stood he let out a ghastly cough, his illness was getting worse, even his voice had begun lacking it's commanding tone. "Ah, Arivos Vynadalus. Tell us, why have you called this meeting?" Beside the king was Duke Valarious Auburdine and Duchess Astrid Auburdine, Fox's mother and father. To the kings left was Duke Narthon Goruthus, a weasly looking man who alway seemed to scowl at Arivos. The others were not worth noticing as they remained sitting and weren't who he had come to talk to.

"Your Highness, I bring dire news. The Undead Kingdom is planning war, a war that they wish to bring to us and the elves. I have been out, as you know, traveling the roads. I've seen her son, Akiko and her banshees. They are getting more bold as they have left their swamp and ventured into our lands, even as far as the desert south of us." There was much chatter after he said this, much of it being concerns they've already had. Narthon, however, didn't believe Arivos which the elf had suspected to happen anyways. "How do we know he's not lieing? We've lived peacefully with them for nearly a century now, why would they act? Why would they do anything?" Arivos looked to the man, dead in the eyes, "Because they have a weapon, a living weapon that got away. They're searching for it now though... I don't exactly know what it is or what it looks like. It's definetly an undead creature but beyond that I could gain nothing." Once more the room was full of noise before the king raised his hand, still holding a commanding presence despite his illness, they fall silent immediately. "Arivos. You know we can not act without proof but we will watch our borders closer, you've aided us in the past and we have no reason not to trust you, but beyond that we can do nothing without risk of starting a war ourselves."

Arivos cursed under his breath. Damn it. I should have expected this, but I had hoped for more, readying their walls, readying their armies. He gave the king a nod, "Of course, King Auburdine, I simply believed it was pressing enough to call this meeting so we may not be caught unaware." The king nodded and asked if there were any other pressing matters. Most of it being about bandits robbing their lands but eventually it all came to a close leaving just the King and Fox's parents and Arivos. He'd approach the three, kneeling before them until being told to rise. As he looked to her father he noticed something he hadn't before. His eyes, those piercing blue eyes, he had seem them on Fox and his hair, though greying, a reminder of Fox as well. Something in him started to boil but as was his way he hit it from them. He also noticed her father and mother looked almost as bad as the king. They looked tired and pale, sadness and worry had taken it's tole on them both and he knew way, they still searched for their daughter. It was more wood on the fire that was boiling in on Arivos.

"Tell me, Arivos. In your travels... have you? Have you seen her? A word? A whisper? Anything of my daughter?" The Duke was almost pleading with Arivos, begging for him to give him good news. Arivos wanted to tell him everything, tell him his daughter was here now, that she was safe and he didn't have to worry but he couldn't. Not only did he make a promise to Fox but it would kill him to know that his daughter was also the Siren. So he swallowed hard, unable to look the man in the eye as he answered. "No. I haven't, my friend. I wish I had good news, I wish I could end your worry, your concern but sadly I can not." His heart was breaking for the duke and duchess and the king as they seemed to pale even further before nodding. "I was planning to go out for another travel of sorts once more, I will keep my eyes open as I'm not sure where it will take me, but if I find anything you will be the first I come to, Valarious." With that he nodded and bowed his way out. Anger took over him as he made a bee line for Fox's house.

It was just about sundown when he reached her house. He had other matters to deal with in the city still but he had to get this out of the way, he had followed them earlier so he knew where her house was. Verinnia and Fox inside as he opened the door, shutting and locking it behind him as Fox had yet to lock it as she just walked in a minute or so before Arivos. "Verinnia go up stairs, now." Verinnia looked ready to question it but as she saw the look in Arivos' eyes she said nothing and did as he asked. Fox stared at him, pissed that he had found her so easily. "How the hell did-." She was cut off as he back handed her hard, her weapons instantly coming into her hands and she looked ready to kill.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Fox?! Your uncle, the king, is dieing!" He was pissed beyond belief, how could she be so selfish? How could she be so cruel to her family? "Your father, who is your real father because I know his eyes and his hair, the strength of will he once had he shares all with you. Your blood father and your adoptive mother are worried to death about you." Appearently it hadn't yet dawned on him what this would mean. Her real father married to her adoptive mother? Fox being half elven? Clearly he was too angry to put the pieces together there as of yet. "They look as sick as the king and what do you do? You selfishly run around taking jobs you don't need, arrogantly wandering this city right under their noses! Do you know how many in this city wish they knew their real father? Or even had parents who worried about them half as much as your's does? I wish I knew my parents. I wish I had my real parents worrying about me, but I don't have the luxury that you threw away two years ago! To think I started to almost respect you, Fox, you make me sick. You don't care about them, you're a selfish little brat who cares about no one but herself while your family dies because of you. They're withering away BECAUSE OF YOU!" Arivos was fuming, passing, luckily the walls of her home were thick enough to block out his yelling so those outside couldn't hear a thing though most everyone was inside their own homes about this time. "And I had to lie to him! I had to tell him, when he asked me, when all three of them looked at me that I had nothing to tell them. Nothing to show that you're alive or dead. I have a heart that breaks for them, Fox and I'm not even their family, I should have just told them you were dead in a ditch, atleast then they'd stop looking for a daughter that doesn't even care enough to be found!" At this point he had sat in one of her chairs, fists clenched upon his knees are staring at her with such anger, almost hatred for the woman.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 11:49 pm

All Fox could do was stare at Arivos, her fingers wrapped around her daggers so tightly she felt the blood drain from her knuckles. Her hood had gone flying and her mask had fallen around her neck, leaving her pale skin exposed. Arivos' assault had split her lip, causing a thin trail of blood to drip down her chin and fall against her chest. Her cheek quickly turned red, not only from the hard contact, but from her embarrassment. She felt herself exploding on the inside and before she could stop herself she took her anger out on Arivos. Throwing herself at him, she screamed in a mad sort of way, her hair falling over her, causing her to look like she'd snapped. Hovering over him, she pinned his arms behind his head, her knee in his crotch, her other knee in his gut. "How dare you," she spat, blood spilling onto his cheeks. "You worthless piece of shit!" She slapped him with the butt of her dagger, nearly dislocating his jaw. "I left because some Duke's son decided I was his property! And after I snapped and killed him in the worst way imaginable, I panicked and fled! And I have stayed away so long because I know Uncle is dying! And my father is much too tired to take the responsibility of the throne. WHEN MY UNCLE DIES I WILL BE PUSHED ONTO THE THRONE. I know what my leaving has done to my parents, Arivos! I WISH I COULD JUST GO BACK! But I fucking can't. I can't allow myself to go back there! I'm a thief, an assassin! They expect an obedient daughter to return to them! But she never will! That girl died that night! I AM ALL THAT'S LEFT!"

She let out another scream, this one coming from her soul, a sound of pure agony that ripped through her like a sword through flesh. "And how dare you imply such things about my father! He saved me from being killed by priests! Us looking alike...it's coincidence! HOW DARE YOU! HOW FUCKING DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU TRY TO KNOW ME AND WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH?!" Throwing her head back, her fire red hair flew out behind her as she cried out again and slashed Arivos' cheek, causing a small amount of blood to flow.

"You ungrateful bitch! They're killing themselves with worry!" Arivos screamed back, pushing her off of him with a bit of effort. Getting to his feet, he stood over her shaking form, anger ripping through him. Anger washed over her and forced her up. Daggers drawn, she began swinging and slashing, each being deflected by Arivos' bow. "I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK! I DON'T WANT TO BE FOUND! THEY'D BE BETTER OFF THINKING I WAS DEAD! BECAUSE I WILL NEVER RETURN!" Fox managed to get a swing in and stabbed Arivos in the shoulder. Cursing, he fell back into her chair, Fox now looming over him. A maddened look in her eyes. She seemed possessed, like something had taken control of her and turned her into this machine of death and anger. Arivos had gone too far, and he knew it. But he was too angry with her to care. A haunting melody filled the air as Fox began to sing. Her voice not fully healed, the tune was eerie and slightly off-key. A twinge went down Arivos' spine as he watched her approach, her eyes exploding with anger. Small arms quickly wrapped themselves around Fox and threw her to the ground. Her other dagger went flying, sliding under one of the chairs as Verinnia sat on Fox's chest, holding the fighting girl's hands over her head.

"Please Fox, stop this!" Verinnia pleaded. At the sound of Verinnia's voice, Fox calmed. The anger in her eyes vanished, only sorrow and defeat remained in her now twinkling eyes. Tears slid down Fox's softened face as she looked up into Verinnia's concerned eyes, and over at Arivos who was grunting as he removed her dagger. Fully defeated, Fox wished she could sink into herself and disappear until there was nothing left but ash, but she was stuck here. Stuck in the reality that was her life. What to do now...where to go from here... "I'm going to go clean this up and then I have to return to the castle. I have to meet with...with them before..." Arivos wasn't sure how to finish his sentence. Would they be leaving together now? Would they be staying? At this point he didn't really care. He was so angry with Fox he almost couldn't contain himself. But looking down at her shaking form, seeing the terror and the sorrow locked inside her stone exterior, he lost his fire. She was terrified. She was still just a child and having to deal with all she'd dealt with must have been too much all at once. He could never forgive what she'd done, even though it really wasn't his place to judge, but he couldn't blame her. In a few years, she was going to be the queen, whether she liked it or not. Arivos didn't know how he'd feel if someone suddenly took away his freedom and made him sit in the public eye until his death. Shaking his head, he went into the washroom to clean his wound, which wasn't as deep as he'd originally thought. She'd been merciful, even at the height of her anger.

Verinnia looked down at Fox, who had resigned to looking at the wall and crying to herself. She'd climbed off the girl and was sitting next to Fox, with her knees to her chest. "It's okay, Fox. We all get angry sometimes," she cooed, running her fingers through Fox's matted hair. Arivos returned a few moments later, looking a bit more presentable. He had found Fox's hood and had laid it next to her before making for the door. "Arivos," she whispered, stopping him before he turned the handle. "Tell...tell my father I'll be home soon..." Arivos stared at her in astonishment, almost unable to move. After a few long moments, he nodded and quickly exited the small house.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 3:41 am

"It's for the best," Verinnia began after Arivos had left. "I wish I could have had a good relationship with my parents..." She said as she purposefully ,but also said with a depressed tone for real. She looked up to Fox with her cute demeanor of a face close enough to puppy dog eyes as Fox began to feel guilty at least a little bit about saying such words around a person who never had a real parent figure in her life, err, unlife? "It's good of you to want to see them, after all those years....they must of been really sad, and Arivos and I aren't the only ones that believe so. Alice does as well." Verinnia said aloud without necessarily thinking possibly causing Fox to worry once more about her psyche, not knowing Alice was one of the things inside her. "She has no family anymore either...even with her past, but she still regrets, or rather, misses her own parents, or I like to believe at least."

The entire time VErinnia spoke to Fox, she kept long eye contact on her, and as she mentioned Alice, Verinnia's eyes seemed to flash blue for just a slight of amount of moments during blinking that was juusst noticeable by those who were staring back into them. Verinnia was silent for a moment as she looked up in what looked like thought before speaking once more, "She says you shouldn't be afraid of what they will think of who you are now as you will always be their daughter," As she spoke this her voice became ghostly midway through to which picked up on quickly thanks to slowly becoming very worryfull of this lil Verinnia. "Teddy thinks so as well," Came Alice's own voice fully from Verinnia's mouth as she held up a bear. It was only then Fox noticed the bear, and beyond that a mysterious spellbook just next to Verinnia on the floor.

Verinnia, soon after returning back to her normal voice turned around and grabbed the said book as she turned around to sit in between Fox's legs like a little sister while she read. Fox could see the mysterious language was not of a tongue she had ever seen, and perhaps wanted to question it, but Verinnia seemed lost in her own little world at the moment, so perhaps it was best to wait a few moments before speaking to her once more, but instead she put her arms around Verinnia's waist, making her more comfy as she read to which Verinnia let out a great grin.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 4:08 am

Arivos strolled the streets for a long time as it was still just after sundown. Mostly he kept to the shadows of the streets, unable to sleep or even find a bed to rest in as his home was not here. His mind once more blinded him with his own thoughts. How do I tell them I was supposed to help bring in Verinnia. How do I tell them I was meant to betray them? How can they trust me? And now, I have to tell her father that she is safe and well, but he'll ask why and how and I don't think I'll have an answer. Why does she ask this of me? How can I shoulder this as well? It's as if they depend on me, Fox atleast to some extent. A man who was ment to help the undead, not fight them. What do I do?

Before he knew it the sun had risen and people had started to come out of their houses, the market filling up, the noise of the capital city was steadily growing. He had walk, lost in his own thoughts for almost eight hours. Might as well get this out of the way first. He headed towards the building he had met with them before, sure enough they were there. Most likely an early morning to dicuss trade routes for the week and what was needed, if anything, for protection of such things. He was in luck that the three were alone, the king smiling gently as he saw Arivos approach but that faded as he was no fool. "What is it that troubles you Arivos? Not more news of the Undead I hope." Arivos shook his head slightly. "I come with news of Sephira Auburdine." He father and mother stopped everything they were doing, even the king looked taken aback.

"I lied yesterday. I have seen her and she is well, but she is not ready to return. What happened that night scarred her, and she is afraid of this life because of it. She says for me to tell you, Valarious, that she will return soon. No, she is not in the city, she sent it by carrier pigeon. We had run into each other a number of nights ago near Duskwood, and I can tell you she is alive and well and she will return when she is ready. She loves you all, misses you all but I can not say anymore, but I swear on my life I will, if I... see her again, that I will make sure she returns to you alive and well when she is ready, please do not ask anymore of me."

The three looked rather confused but at the same time they seemed relieved. It was as if some great weight was lifted off their shoulders, especially that of her father's. It was her father who broke the silence, "I... thank you Arivos, you are a rather kind to bring us such news but to know she could not come to us, talk to us hurts more then I think you can understand." Inside Arivos knew this was wrong, he understood it all to well. "Just tell her we love her and no matter what she is our daughter and we want her back, when she is ready."

"I know what she is ment to be... if... when King Varrian passes. She knows what it will mean and she will be here, but I pray it is sooner then that. I will try and keep in touch if I learn more. Until then... please, let your hearts be at peace so that her's may find some relief as well." With that Arivos bowed his way out and left to handle his other matters. He knew they would talk for a long time, and finally call of the search for her. Still he wished he could give them more, the look in their eyes, the relief, it was as if color and strength had returned to them. Even the king looked as if he had gotten better right there but he knew they would still worry as her place, in their eyes, was beside them, no matter how understanding they wanted to be. Arivos saw it different, he lived both lives and he knew Fox was as she was ment to be but he'd never admit that to her.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:49 am

It was near nightfall when Fox finally pulled herself together enough to get off the floor. Pulling her hood up and mask off, she threw them over the arm of the chair. Crawling around on the dark floor, she felt around for her daggers, tucking them back into her sleeves before going into the kitchen and returning with dim candles. Lighting the room, it glowed eerily, casting shadows all around the strangely arranged room. Verinnia looked around the room, tracing the shadows with her eyes, although whether or not it was herself or Alice whose attention was caught on the shadows, she wasn't sure. Fox hurried upstairs, only to return a few moments later in a revealing, flowing purple nightgown. The silk material clutched her body tightly around her curves, her luscious hair hanging loosely around her shoulders. Verinnia couldn't help but stare in a childish manner, perhaps it was because she'd never seen another woman so revealed before or perhaps it was because of feelings stirring inside of her. Fox stood before Verinnia, the V shaped dip that cupped her breasts and dipped down to her belly button revealing perhaps more than Fox had intended. "I have other nightgowns upstairs if you'd like to change into something comfy before bed. I laid them out for you, you can have your pick of my finest," Fox smiled at the girl, whose eyes seemed to be fixated on the purple silk that barely concealed the tempting curve of her supple breasts. Tearing herself away from the sight of Fox so feminine and vulnerable, she raced upstairs.

Fox sat in the chair opposite the one Arivos had sat in and pondered if she'd made the right decision. Opening the previous day's newspaper, she scanned the obituaries to see if any of her latest victims had made the cut. Licking her index finger, she turned the page just as her door burst open. In rushed five heavily armed royal guards. Before Fox even had a chance to scream, one had managed to slip himself around her, cupping her mouth tight and wrapping his other arm tightly around her, making it impossible for her to move. Gulping, Fox's worst fears came to light as they dragged her from her house, shutting the door behind her and throwing her into a horse drawn carriage. The guard who grabbed her sat her down on one of the cushioned seats, his hand still tightly clamped over her mouth and his arm still holding her tight to him. It was a long ride up the castle as Fox was then ushered into a service entrance and then brought up several flights of stairs. Tears streaked Fox's face as she realized she was closer and closer to never running free again. Never killing again. Never living in her quaint house her district. I've been found... A sob escaped her throat as a large mahogany door flew open. Inside sat three people she thought she'd never see again. "You get your damned hands off of her like that! How dare you!" a middle aged woman with dark brunette hair and green eyes cried. She wore a long, elegant red dress with gold trim that suited her petite frame so perfectly. The sound of clicking heels filled Fox's ears as the woman ran forward and slapped the guard, pushing him off of Fox.

The woman looked down into Fox's eyes, she standing at least a foot taller. "Sephira..." the woman sobbed as she wrapped her arms tightly around the shaking girl. "Mother..." Fox whispered, feeling her mother break down and sob over her shoulder, her tears sinking deep into the cold silk. Another figure fell over the women, a man with greying fire red hair and brilliant ice blue eyes. Looking at the man fully for the first time in over two years, Fox felt her heart sink. Arivos was right...it's no coincidence... A dark truth she realized so long ago but had buried deep inside of her came boiling to the surface again. This man was her real father. He was the human half of her. No one would dare dispute my claim to the throne now, I guess... Fox half-laughed on the inside as her father's strong arms wrapped around her sobbing mother and her own shaky form. They pulled away a moment so that Fox could step forward and greet her uncle, who seemed much weaker and paler than he had the night of her birthday. "My dear niece, these two years have much changed you. Please, sit child and tell me why you've worried an entire kingdom so deeply," he asked sadly, motioning for her to sit down.

Fox sat, not sure how to cope with her reality, how to cope with what was going on. Arivos, if I ever see you again I will fucking kill you...or cut your dick off...or cut your dick off AND make you my personal adviser. Oh yeah, that's the ticket. You're just as fucked as me you selfish elf pig. Fox thought evilly as she finally opened up about what happened that night. She hadn't realized how traumatic the event had truly been until she realized she wasn't even half finished and was sobbing. Her mother was sobbing harder and a stern look had fallen over the faces of her father and uncle.

"...and after he...finished, well you saw the aftermath," Fox finished, wiping her eyes on her sleeve. "I wish you'd come to us at the time and let us sort this matter out diplomatically. We've assumed for so long that you'd been attacked and kidnapped. The truth isn't much better but at least we know it now," her father said as he wrapped his arm around Fox's shoulder. "How have you kept your time since then?" her uncle asked after a slight coughing fit. Guilt stung her deeply as she realized his illness was taking him faster then the doctors had guessed. "I traveled and saw the world for what it really was. And if it's alright with you guys, I'd like to continue to do so," Fox nearly whispered the last part. The obedient daughter slipping back out of her out of habit, something she couldn't bite back. Where had the confident girl gone? Where had killer gone? No longer was she here. Sephira wasn't as dead as Fox had assumed. No, this young teenage girl was still here and she was picking up right where she'd left off from that night. The pain and trauma of her birthday now hitting her full force again. The three of them looked at each other before her mother cried out, "absolutely not! Your place is here with us, Sephira!" Her father grasped her mother's fragile hands and shook his head, "Astrid, we can't control the girl. She obviously knows how to care for herself, she's done it so well already. And besides, travels will learn her better than any education we could provide. And I think it good she see the kingdom she is soon to rule. Think of the publicity, Varrian! The future queen of the kingdom spends her youth traveling the world!" her father laughed, stepping back into the role of her favorite parent.

No matter what the issue, he always managed to take Fox's side and always managed to convince those around them that Fox was right. Astrid stubbornly shook her head, "she is still a child, Valarious!" To this Varrian put his hand up, "my dear Astrid. When you were nineteen, my brother was courting you and preparing you for life as the duchess of Ashgate. Do not tell me your parents held you back from this just because they were frightened." Astrid huffed and tightened her grip on Fox's hand. "Fine, but she must stay here a week! A full week and nothing less!" Astrid slammed her free hand down on the table, tears sliding down her face again. Valarious and Varrian nodded and turned to smile at Fox, whose face had sunken. A week...an entire week of being the future queen...my lord I am going to die... The doors burst open again and two more guards appeared, holding a kicking and screaming Verinnia as well as a calm Arivos. Jumping to her feet, Fox ran at Verinnia, her assets nearly bursting from her nightgown as she punched the guard holding her friend. "If you ever lay a finger on this girl again I will have you and your entire family gelded!" Fox cried, pulling Verinnia into a tight hug. Her father and mother ran up behind her, holding her back a bit.

"We found these two in the house Sephira was inside. What would you like done with them, milord?" the standing guard asked. "Leave the girl, obviously. But the elf...you leave him with me. Astrid, take Sephira and her friend up to her bedroom and get them tucked in. We need to have a chat with this one," Valarious' tone took on a dark note, causing alarm to rise in Fox. She knew this tone in her father. He'd used it only once before when a man began murdering young women in the city of Ashgate. "Father...Father no! Father no! You can't! FATHER!" Fox tried to reach for Arivos but another guard had come and picked her up, dragging her kicking and screaming from the room. Another guard escorted a distressed Verinnia and a surprisingly calm Astrid. The door slammed behind them, Fox's protests still echoing for several minutes before disappearing out of hearing range. "Sit, Arivos, we have so much to discuss."

Through the rest of the night, the brothers discussed with Arivos their disappointment in his lies and how he was going to repay them. The arrangement, obviously made of Arivos free will, or rather his will to live, was that he was to guard Fox until his dying breath. And if anything happened to her, they would chain him up in the capital and geld him publicly. And then for a month straight he would be chained in the center of town to be stoned and whipped. At the end of this time, he would have his worthless, dickless self dragged up to the castle to have his tongue ripped out and would be made a servant for the king until Arivos' death. They also mentioned a punishment for Fox, which they merely hinted at. They didn't want to punish her so harshly that she fled again, but they also needed to reprimand her for the worry and panic she caused. They also needed a way to remind her that the future queen needed to be accounted for at all times and needed to remember her place. A leader, an elegant woman, and a proper wife. By morning, the terrified Arivos was escorted to chambers of his own to rest, only to be roused several hours later for what seemed like a festival. He was dressed in an elegant leather dress suit and escorted by personal guard to the throne room, where Fox stood in a tight, low cut blue dress((Click Me Fellas!)), her hair falling down around her face.

Verinnia stood on her other side in a flowing pink dress((Click Me Again Fellas!)), her long blonde hair laced with deep purple highlights. Her eyes scanned the room defensively as if looking for a reason to pounce. The king was sitting on his throne, his brother and sister-in-law standing beside him. Arivos came in just as Fox was stepping forward. Standing before all the people who had crowded in to see the long lost niece of the king, she spoke, "A few years ago, something terrible happened and I was lost to our kingdom. I fear I may have worried you all and I am so sorry. I hope you can accept my deepest, heartfelt apology. I must also say that I will not be staying but a week. After which, myself, my dear friend Verinnia, and my personal guard, Duke Arivos Vynadalus, will be leaving to travel the kingdom. Thank you all for your time, please enjoy the food, drink, and entertainment courtesy of the gracious king of man." Fox was so much different when she spoke as Sephira. She was elegant, dignified, gracious, and held the ability to captivate a room and make it hang on her every word. Arivos had no doubt she would make a good queen. Fox stepped back from her place and, grabbing Verinnia's arm, rushed towards Arivos.

"My god, are you alright?" Fox asked, examining Arivos for damage. "No worse than when you stabbed me, Sephira," he addressed her formally, knowing it would piss her off. She slapped him hard across the face. "I hope you're happy with what you've done to me. I will never trust you again. But I've been told I have no choice but to travel with you! Part of my bargain for freedom," she said angrily, wanting so much to just cut him open, eyeball to asshole. Arivos gulped, knowing full well that Fox didn't know nearly the half of it. "Yes, it seems in order for me to keep my life, I have to help you keep yours," he said in a lowered tone. "Well good! I'll make that as hard as possible for you," Fox hissed before storming off, leaving even Verinnia behind as she went to go drown her sorrows in an entire platter of champagne glasses. Look at what you've gotten yourself into Arivos. And all because you felt bad for her and her family. Personal note to self, stop giving a fuck.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Verinnia looked saddened as Fox even left her behind with Arivos. "Arivos... I thought you only hinted that she was alive.." She said sadly as she jogged to try and catch up to Fox. Already she was hitting up the wine by the time Verinnia had caught up. "Fox...it isn't much of a bad thing.." She said quietly as she tugged on her arm to which Fox did not say anything back to. "Everything will be alright, it's nice having Arivos protect you, he's strong!" Verinnia began grasping at straws while trying to defend Arivos for the first time. "You are the only one I can trust...I'd like to be able to trust him as well, can you not do that with me?" Fox finally looked towards Verinnia and sighed thinking of making Verinnia see all that. She tried explaining her side of the story, lightly, while trying to bring Verinnia's smile back onto her face, but the words did not seem to affect her. "You should be happy, Fox." Came Alice's voice from Verinnias mouth, "Being with your parents is the best thing, you do not know how it feels to lose them, and soon you may as their lives are growing closer to an end." Alice said all this without emotion, but almost like future fact. "Spend time with them this week, or you will regret not doing so."

"Thank you, Alice." Verinnia spoke back to her normal voice. "Oh," Verinnia suddenly realized, "Have I not introduced you? Fox, the voice you heard was Alice, she seems glad to have met you, but she is disappointed with how you handled your situation." Verinnia's face grew sad since she agreed with her pretty much fully, but decided that perhaps she should leave Fox alone for now. "I'm going to go walk outside, please, feel better, Fox." She said as she turned around towards the courtyard entrance.

Verinnia walked through the courtyard, looking at all the flowers and bushes all around, trying to enjoy the sights as she held back tears for how she felt. "Try to smile, Verinnia. Even if it's just us two, try and be happy. Especially since Astaroth no longer has power over you."

"I can't be happy if Fox is still hurting...I'd feel guilty.." Verinnia responded as she sat upon a cold stone bench beyond a growing flora of lilys. "But you are right, we have each other, and you also have Teddy." She said to support themselves. It seems Alice has grown accustomed to Verinnia, seeing as they shared similar mother experiences, and nearly the same could be said of Fox, but that being the reason why they are disappointed with her. Verinnia leaned forward, staring at the ground as a simple tear was shed.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:17 pm

Arivos hadn't moved or spoken a word since he had sat down. His eyes focused on the ground but he stayed near Fox at all times, he seemed distant and lost now. It's over. I ruined her life, ruined my own life and now I have to protect the life of a woman I ruined. Damn it Arivos, why didn't you just walk away. Why didn't you just leave them? Why do you have to give a damn so much, even more for people who care little for you. Why couldn't you just walk away? Or killed her that night? You had an open shot. Now you're stuck in your own personal hell. No where to run, no where to hide. If you run, Fox loses her freedom, if you stay you lose your freedom. If you run they hunt you down and kill you, them and the undead. There's nothing left but to live out your life. To make matters worse, you may even be forced to marry her? Not as king but as... nothing more the a consort. Which would be nothing more then a title because neither you nore Fox would do as was expected.

Fox had been staring at him in a rather drunken manner, wasn't hard to see Arivos was troubled, he couldn't hide it anymore. "The hell is wrong with you?"

Arivos looked up and as he spoke, it wasn't in anger or sorrow but an almost cold, bitter manner yet still mostly calm."What's wrong with me, Fox? Really? I'm forced to protect you, against my will. Your life is in my hands and in turn so is my own life. They will kill me if anything happens to you, if I run, I'm hunted down and killed but where would I run. The undead want me for failing to turn in Verinnia. That's right, that's why I was in that forest that night but I couldn't do it and I'm pretty sure they still think I'm working for them. I'm nothing more then a parasite now who's supposed to defend a women who won't give a damn if I die except for the fact that she'd lose her freedom. They even hinted at marriage, not as king but as a consort of sorts, Fox. I ruined both of our lives, I can't return home, I can't wander, I have nothing left except dealing with everything you wish of me. I wish I had never met you, that we had never crossed paths, that I had never protected you as I did because now, my entire life is all about protecting you. I'm a man who his shackled to his own personal hell and the only way out is death." His hands came up to his face now, head resting in his palms as he let out a deep sigh."Everything I was is dead, everything I wanted to do, everything I wanted to see, experiance is gone. I can't even take a wife of my own now if I wished it." He turned for the door, ready to leave, "I'll be just out side... guarding the door, Sephira."
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:19 pm

As Arivos left, Fox felt her fingers go numb, her glass of wine slipping and hitting the floor. The crash wasn't loud enough to warrant attention from anyone aside from a servant girl who quickly cleaned it up and offered Fox another drink. She shook the girl off and disappeared up the stairs to her room. Locking the door, she raked her fingers through her hair and felt nausea rising in her. Not from the alcohol, but from everything that had been said to her. Verinnia was upset with her because of how she'd handled herself, even this Alice seemed displeased with her. And now Arivos had poured out his soul to her, and she realized just how terrible a burden she'd become. Going to her balcony that hovered just over the gardens, she looked over the marble railing to see Arivos wandering around while Verinnia talked quietly to herself. Was she really so selfish, now? She had her parents, a luxury neither of her companions had. She had a sense of freedom, unlike the others. Falling to her knees, her dress crumpling under her, she clutched her chest and sobbed.

Her father hadn't mentioned anything about marriage, and now it appeared that her family was punishing the both of them. Not only was Arivos not allowed to leave Fox's side, but when she took the throne he was to marry her and become Queen's Consort. A meaningless title that meant he could sleep in her chambers and follow her around like a lost puppy chasing after its mother. "I'm sorry, Arivos. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. And Verinnia...I never meant to disappoint you," wiping her eyes, she felt more of her tears push through her weakening defenses. The idea of being so weak now, so vulnerable, and alone forced more tears from her, choking sobs racking her body. Rocking back and forth, she tightly wrapped her arms around herself, not caring who heard her sobs now. What was she really running from? Her past? Everyone had one of those. Everyone had something they buried their head from and tried to pretend wasn't real. No wonder Verinnia was disappointed and no wonder Arivos hated her. She'd taken the path of least resistance. Instead of learning to cope with her past, her traumatic experience, she lost her cool and ran away for two years. And now not only was she punished, but those who only aimed to assist her had their lives taken from them.

In her drunken state, her mind refused to stay away from that night. The night of Zarek and his cruelty. Punching the marble railing, she cried out in frustration and pain. Blood seeped from her knuckles as she cradled her fist to her dress. Not only had she hurt these innocent people, but she hurt her family, and her kingdom. How selfish and stupid had she been. How much of a coward she was. Digging her nails in her head, she screamed louder than she intended. What was she doing with her life? Would she spend her whole life running or was she doomed to hurt Arivos and Verinnia further and further until they resented her at the bottom of their cores but couldn't even do a thing about it. She'd already doomed Arivos, how could she live with that guilt. And now Verinnia, the first true friend she'd had, the first person she truly felt she could trust, was disappointed in her. "You're a worthless fool who can only hurt those around her," she whispered to herself, her fists balled in her hair.

Below, Arivos and Verinnia had come to stand under Fox's balcony. Her dress and hair moving wildly in-between several of the rail posts. They'd heard her crying and then her screams, watching as she punched the railing. "I really hope she didn't hurt herself," Verinnia whispered, looking up. Arivos simply shook his head. Great, now she's beating herself up for this. The balcony fell silent after a time, but Fox was still leaning up against the railing, her body shaking. Arivos had sat down and was watching her, as was his new job. Verinnia continued to stand, wringing her hands as she wondered what Fox would do now. She worried after seeing all of this that if Fox could so easily abandon her family, then maybe she'd be able to abandon Verinnia as well. This thought saddened her even further, to which she turned her back on the balcony and sat down, pulling her knees to her chest.

Fox continued to rock, sobbing silently now. More from the pain in her hand than anything at this point. All I ever do is hurt myself and those around me...what am I good for anymore...? I'm an insult to Fox and a shadow of Sephira. Who...Who I am now? "You...are...nothing..." a voice whispered. Perking her head up, Fox turned wildly, looking for the source of the sound, but she was alone. "Wh-who's there?" Fox called, getting to her feet. She ran into her room, looking around wildly. But the door was locked, how could anyone get in? Unlocking the door, she looked around outside in the hall. It was completely deserted. Shutting the door again, she slid against it, ignoring the lock now. "Undo...their...suffering...end...your...pain..." the voice came again, only this time from the balcony. Tripping over her slowly sobering self, she went out to the balcony. She was cupping her hand now, the bleeding having stopped but the pain still shooting up her arm. Wildly, she looked around and over the balcony. No one was there. "Who's there? I demand you show yourself!" she yelled, twirling around herself trying to find the source of the voice.

"Sephira?" Arivos asked, looking up at her mad dance. "Who is there!?" she screamed again, her hair flying wildly around her. "Save them...with your life..." the voice whispered again. "Who are you? Where are you? Show yourself coward!" Fox demanded as she swung around madly, looking all over. Seeing a shadow out of the corner of her eye, she instantly turned to it and merely saw the outline of a very large man. "Save them...with your death!" it howled, flying at her and passing through her. Falling back against the railing, she tried to catch her breath, but something weird was happening, something had passed into herand was fighting against her. Slowly her world dimmed around her, her environment hazing. Was she just too drunk and hallucinating or had something attacked her? Arivos and Verinnia were at their feet now, jaws dropped. "What was that shadow?" Arivos asked, wondering what it had done or what it had wanted. But Verinnia seemed to know, a panic rising in her. "Stay here, Arivos. Be ready for anything!" she took off at top speed, her hair completely purple and her eyes oozing crimson. Confused, Arivos looked up at the balcony, wondering why Verinnia had panicked. But his own panic arose when he saw Fox calmly turn to look over the railing. Her eyes no longer were their haunting ice blue, they now swirled with the same crimson as Verinnia's. "Save them with my life...Save them with my death..." clumsily she crawled on top of the railing, her arms spread to balance herself. "Oh for the love of the gods woman can you not go one day without getting yourself into trouble!" Arivos bellowed, hoping that Verinnia would get there in time.

Within seconds, she appeared behind Fox, her arms tightly wrapped around her legs. "Let her go, Akiko!" she ordered, her voice deeper and more confident. "Oh my dear sister, we both know that you don't have the power to fight me. It was quite the job finding you and the woman who stole you from us. Would you believe it's this brat, here? Oh Arivos, I hate to do your job for you, but when I bring these two in I promise to tell my mother you helped a bit," Fox's voice was no longer her own. It was Akiko who spoke from her. "Akiko," she growled, her voice robotic and taking on a demonic undertone. Akiko laughed from within Fox, "oh dear sister, that new seal prevents any action on your part doesn't it? Does it anger you sister, that I have this woman's body completely under my control? I could drop her, right here, you know. But mother would be angry if I damaged her new toy. Now now, don't make this hard on yourself." His teasing tone was enough to piss off even Arivos. But he knew he couldn't move. If Akiko followed through with his threat, he had to be here to catch Fox or she'd plummet to her death. Rage built so high inside of Verinnia that she could no longer stand it. A crackling electrical sound came from her body as the seal began to snap. "Let. Her. GO!" She bellowed, her voice completely demonic now. With all her strength, she yanked Fox's body from the balcony and threw her back into the room. With that danger out of the way, Arivos rushed up the stairs to Fox's chambers. Slamming the door behind him and locking it as to not be further interrupted, he ran to Verinnia, who had Fox pinned under her. Her hair was almost alive as it spanned out behind her, waving in a non-existent wind. "I'm...I'm so sorry, Verinnia..." Fox's voice broke through for a moment, her eyes flashing back to their original color before snapping back to Akiko's. "Stubborn little queen, you've found yourself in the care of, sister," Akiko laughed, not at all resisting his sister.

"Verinnia stop this!" Arivos called as he approached her. Reaching to touch her shoulder, a giant electrical shock sent him flying across the room and almost all the way to the door. He lay nearly unconscious as Verinnia built up more and more power. "Leave her, Akiko!" Verinnia demanded, the sound of electrical snapping getting louder. Akiko's smug look began to fade from Fox's face as the magick in the air was sucked dry and began to ooze from Verinnia. A loud crack shattered the silence, Verinnia's eyes rolling in the back of her head and going completely white. "Run, Akiko, while you still can," came a deep, demonic male's voice. A look of fear fell over Fox's face as a large shadow poured from her mouth to hover over her body. "I'll be back, Arivos I trust you've got this covered for now. I'll bring reinforcements to assist you, since you clearly need the help," he said cockily before dissolving. "You're safe now, Fox," Verinnia whispered, her voice returning to normal for a moment before her entire body shut down, collapsing next to her. Both women lay unconscious, side by side, with Arivos a few feet away, groaning as the last of the electricity fizzled out of him.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:40 am

"Ah, Verinnia, back already eh?" Came a demonic voice from within the darkness of Verinnia's mind. "What happened this time, hmm?" He asked with interest and malice as shadowy fingers could be seen wrapped around the bars of his nearly invisible cell. Getting a good look now, the cell was no longer made of black bars liek it had with the old seal, but now made of what seemed like Egyptian stone with markings of anubis and Scarabs scattered all around it.

"....Used too much power while under the effects of the seal....,but we won't be alone for long, right Alice?" Verinnia said as she appeared among the darkness. "I figured it would be best if she were to come here." "She..?" Astaroth asked with question. Being unable to see through Verinnia's eyes any longer had caused increased boredom for him, and therefore as well he had nearly forgotten about Fox, but he seemed to catch on quickly as he nodded in excitement of seeing a new person after so many years, and in person to boot!

"She is coming now," Said Alice as she materialized in front of them, facial feature locked to one point while in front of Astaroth, while seemingly being cold. "It took a few strings because of the damn seal, but it's working, at least until she snaps out of her unconscious state." Alice walked over and stood next to the shadowy image of Astaroth still behind bars as if to either make a grander introduction or rather to keep appearances under Astoroth. She gave but a simple bow towards Astoroth as she got near, to which he actually returned a similar greeting, or what seemed a such coming from a barely visible shadow.

As Fox slowly began to materialize in Verinnia's mind, her real body still remained in the real world as it was just her consciousness that is enveloped here, but it may still take some time to sync her to Verinnia's mind. "At any rate, she could let any aggression she has currently abound in here, and she will harm no one." Verinnia spoke up once more as if this was a conference for the demon realm. "Damned Akiko," She said once more with gritted teeth to which Astaroth raised an eyebrow to. "Well well, what do we have had happened here?" He said with a devilish grin.

"I assume then, it is because of he that this situation has risen, interesting." Astaroth chuckled before continuing his speech to which he seemed to love coming from his voice. "Your mother would have commanded him to take you back, but instead it seems he is pushing your buttons, if only any of us could see inside that magnificent mind to see what he is truly up to....heh heh heh." Again laughing loudly and menecaingly until he had noticed the form of Fox beginning to stir as her soul became synced with Verinnia's mind.

Fox looked up as her eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness yet ability to clearly see three figured before her. "Welcome, Fox," Verinnia began. "What you see now, is what is inside of me." She swayed her hand towards Alice, and Astoroth behind bars. "hm, that reminds me, how is that new seal treating you, Astoroth?" She asked in a joking way to attempt to break the ice for Fox.

---

Meanwhile on the outside, in the real world, Arivos was busily staring towards Verinnia's body as a small message was scribbled along her back, or rather floating. The message read in lamens terms, to care for the two of them, and that she had dragged Fox into herself to protect her from the sudden powersurge from Akiko. It also stated that if he was quick enough, and got Verinnia near enough to the teddy bear Alice had found, that he just may be able to view into her mind without having to use any power or mana.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:09 am

Arivos shook his head as he tried to recollect his thoughts and shake off the pain and dizzyiness. He looked towards the two which is when he saw the note, eyes narrowed slightly. "Why the hell am I needed? Honestly. I'm sick and tired of watching over you two! If you can protect her so well, Verinnia then you do my job so I can fucking leave! I'm tired of this crap, tired of the undead, tired of having to take the lead. I haven't slept well since I met you two so no, I am not going into your mind! All I am is a baby sitter for you two and I'm done with it!" He went to leave but his fist clenched as he suddenly punched the wall, probably breaking a finger or two. He knew he couldn't leave because it would be he life, he was forced to be their baby sister. He had no magic, no way to fight all that wanted to take Verinnia and how they attacked Fox. Worse still was he was still expected to deliver Verinnia to the undead which means they could easily sneak in.

Defeated, once more, he sat down in a chair, face falling into his hands. He wanted to scream out in frustration, but instead he got up and threw the chair at the nearest wall, shattering it on impact as he growled out in frustration. "I can't fight them, I can't protect them and yet I'm forced to do so! What the hell good am I? I have no magic, no powers, why the hell am I the one protecting them! Why the hell did her father and uncle force this upon me!" He was yelling at the top at absolutely nothing and starting to feel faint again from what he had gone through and the fact blood was now leaking from his hand. He felt utterly useless, utterly unimportant because there was nothing he could do but sit and watch and wait for the worst to happen again only to have to watch over them once more. She's going to die. I can't protect her. Why did they force this, they're sentencing her to her death. He had never doubted himself, not once until today. They had looked to him to lead, to watch over them, protect them but after today, after all they been through, how could he?

He wasn't sure how the her mother and father hadn't heard any of this, the yelling and the fighting, but they hadn't appeared yet. "What am I supposed to do?"
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:38 am

Fox got to her feet and slowly spun to take in her environment. They were inside a room that was very dark aside from a bit of light that seemed to hang from the wall with no apparent source. A young girl stood in front of a large cell that seemed to harbor a large shadowy figure, with Verinnia standing just in front of Fox. The power that seemed to ooze from the cell sent a chill up Fox's spine as she took a step back. "I'm...I'm inside of you?" Fox asked, looking into Verinnia's eyes. "Yes. I had to do something. Because Akiko used so much magick in order to possess you, I had to pull you in to protect you from something else coming in and taking you. This is Alice," Verinnia pointed to the girl. She looked innocent standing there, twiddling her thumbs, but a deep sadness and a hint of evil hung in the girl's gaze. Waving weakly, Fox dropped her gaze and turned her attention to the shadowy figure behind the bars. "This is Astaroth," Verinnia gestured toward the figure.

"When they say you have to deal with your inner demons, I don't think this is what they meant, Verinnia," Fox half-joked, trying to mask her fear. The shadow behind the bars let out a low, demonic laugh, making Fox shake. "Is there anything on your mind, Fox? Any questions for me?" Verinnia asked almost in an excited manner. She seemed to be getting enjoyment from this situation, but all Fox was getting was fear. "I have about a thousand questions, but at the moment I can only think of a few," Fox paused for a moment before looking around the room again, "this is where you go when you go crazy isn't it? I would hate it here..." Looking at the shadow behind the bars again, she gulped. Oh gods, is that what Verinnia truly is? Is that thing in there what she becomes...what she will become? Will I lose her to that creature?

"It's really not that bad in here," Alice chirped up, "we've got pretty good company, myself included!" A large smile came across her face as she tilted her head innocently. "Speak for yourself, girl. Unlike you I can't see anything from behind these bars. I spend most of my time bored out of...my mind," he smirked at his own joke before continuing, "I haven't had the pleasure of meeting a mortal up close and personal in so long." The way he said this sent a chill down Fox's spine so strong she nearly collapsed. "Do I scare you, girl?" he asked in a dark tone. "Sir I do believe you could scare the wits out of the devil himself," Fox replied shortly. "And who's to say I haven't?" he asked arrogantly. "Ignore him, Fox. He can't hurt you from inside there," Verinnia patted Fox's shoulder. Taking a step forward, Fox came to stand in front of the bars, looking deep into the darkness of the cell. The shadowy figure seemed to shift and move without any movement on his part. "I want to understand everything, Verinnia. Tell me how you came to be this weapon with the boogieman and a young girl locked in her mind..."
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:10 am

"Heh, boogieman, I like ya kid," Astoroth said as he chuckled to which Verinnia gave him a look. "That's enough, Astaroth.". He just chuckled further, but henceforth kept his mouth shut. Verinnia turned towards Fox, giving her a smile as she began to talk.

"Yes I am a weapon, created by the Banshee Queen, my mother.". She began with what Fox knew so far, then continued on. "She had In mind to use me in her efforts to cause a surprise attack, a nuclear front so to speak. They continued to experiment on me, harm me, and affect my psyche. I couldn't take it any further, so I escaped. During the experiments Astaroth was sealed inside me, increasing my power beyond imagination, and beyond her control." Verinnia talked for what seemed like hours as Fox listened closely the whole time. She went on about the intricate way Astaroth was placed inside her, all the torture her mother put her through, and even some literal torture methods which caused her much pain, more than Fox could ever imagine. "Of course, Astaroth wants to be inside me, to take over me."

Astaroth laughed as she got to that point, "And I'll have you eventually, heh heb heb
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:49 am

"Heh heh heh." Verinnia ignored him as she motioned towards Alice. "She, on the other hand, is different as Akiko placed her inside me. No,we do not know why as even mother does not know about it." Verinnia stopped for a moment to let her think of what she had told her. "I would go Into Alice more, but I think you will soon find out more yourself, right, Alice?"

Alice just nodded, not feeling like speaking of the subject in front of Astaroth, bur she walked towards Fox, holding a small spellbook. "You need power,". She began to say as she held out the boom, still holding tightly. "But to accept this book you must accept it's contract. This contains the power of the Arcana of the Sun, the power of fire and light...the opposite of darkness magic which could help contain Verinnia if need be, and you will attain the powers of a true siren, not just the name, but power similar to that of a Siren Goddess.". Fox began to reach out to the book when she spoke once more, "However, if you use these abilities you may shorten your lifespan, there always has to be a price, and so if you overuse your abilities for greed,you will be sent ced to hell for all of eternity, you will never know the joys of heaven, if you abuse the powers.. Of course." She stopped talking as it felt like a haunting musical theme began in such a heated situation.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Arivos just sat there, staring at them still, hand still bleeding, chair still broken against the wall. He didn't like this, Sephira out of her body, doing whatever it was that she was doing with Verinnia. Wait... am I jealous? No. That'd make no sense, would it? Why do I care what those two are doing? Why is it bothering me so? I've seen how close they've gotten... no, it's... it must be simply the fact that she is inside the mind of powerful yet unstable child. Yes, that has to be it. He wasn't very reassured which caused him to frown deeply. Still, no one had come up? Perhaps a spell of sorts from Akiko had mad it silent to everyone outside of this room and balcony? He stood up, thoughts still on Fox inside with Verinnia and it only seemed to further anger him. He'd move towards the balcony, looking over the edge, watching the people below, looking at the world, the view she had from this spot.

Arivos. What good are you to her. Verinnia can do all that you can not. You've tried your hardest to protect them, but it's always been Verinnia that's been the protector. Her powers kept you safe, what good are you to them? What good are you to, her? If Verinnia wasn't here she'd have died and it would have been your fault. Akiko will come again, next time with reinforcements and what do you hope to do? How will you protect her? How will you protect Verinnia? Prove you're not just a pair of eyes but useful as well? You can't can you. Verinnia won't be around Fox forever, how will you protect her? How will you keep her safe? When did the world depend so much on magic rather then skill? When did magic become so much that a normal person can do nothing? When did magic make you feel so helpless, doubt your every move and action? Verinnia.

He'd look over his shoulder towards Verinnia, mind still racing. If I ended her now, the undead would stop hunting us. If she died, Fox would be even more safe and I would be more useful, more then just a shaddow and a pair of eyes to watch her. NO! I am not a murderer. My family was not murder, that was justice, protecting this kingdom! How do I do that now? How do I protect her... when I'm no longer needed to do so? No longer strong enough, skilled enough to do so?

A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he closed his eyes, palms resting on the edge of the balcony as all his doubts and fears ran through his gut. Every time he thought how helpless he had become, how he felt he could no longer protect Fox he seemed to feel sick. His eyes moved across the horizon, searching for something, anything to take his mind off all of this while he waited for those two to be done with whatever they were doing and then deal with whatever came next though he suspected Verinnia could handle it all.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Fox stared at the ancient text in Alice's hands, her eyes transfixed on the symbols that decorated it's cover. Her fingers hovered above the book, her hand shaking as she contemplated what she was about to do. "How short will my life be if I take this...this contract?" Fox asked, her voice wavering. "With every major spell used, you'll lose a day or two," Alice spoke calmly, an innocent perk in her voice as she smiled. Fox nodded, her hand still hovering over the book. "What do you mean by using this book for greed?" she pulled her hand back a bit, unsure of what simple things would be considered greed and land her in hell. "By greed, I mean using the power only to help yourself and not in times when Verinnia needs you," Alice again spoke calmly, a creepy smile widening on her lips. Fox stared into Alice's eyes, unsure of whether she should trust the word of this child. But after everything Verinnia had done for Fox, all the times she'd saved her, all she'd sacrificed in order to keep her safe. There wasn't anything Fox wouldn't do to repay this debt and in return keep Verinnia safe. Biting her lip, she stood as still as a statue for a few moments before extending her hand to the book and lowering her hand to the cover. "For Verinnia," she said, waiting for something to happen. When nothing happened, she went to remove her hand but found herself unable. Panic rose inside of her as the symbols began to swirl madly around the cover, bright light shining from each one, illuminating the room wildly.

The light then began to crawl up Fox's skin, leaving white, hot searing pain behind. Crying out, Fox watched as the light began to devour her skin. The entire room spun and paled around her, Alice and Verinnia disappearing. Even the shadow creature seemed to haze away leaving behind the cold walls and the cell, which in the light was much bigger than it had appeared. "Verinnia!" Fox cried out in panic, searching for her friend. Soon her entire right side was consumed with bright light and searing pain. Oh gods, I'm being burned to death... She screamed as the light instantly enveloped the rest of her and launched her into the air.

From where Verinnia and Alice were standing, Fox was hovering in the air, the symbols on the book now burning themselves into Fox's skin. The light had shredded her dress, leaving her bare skin and the light burns. Her eyes and mouth were wide open, the same light emitting from them as she hovered soundlessly in the air. "I've never seen it do this before! How exciting!" Alice cooed as she clapped her hands together excitedly.

The pain suddenly stopped, but Fox still found herself hovering in the air. Where am I...? she wondered, looking around her. Her entire body was now made of light, making her seem like she was a star rather than a person. Did I die in the process...? she thought, the words inside her head now echoing around her. Suddenly something forced her mouth open and she felt pressure force it's way down her throat and then disappear suddenly. She tried to speak but no words came out, only a melody twice as haunting as the one she'd sung before. (Listen from 1:12 on.) Once the song finished, she felt the heat again, but this time more intense than ever before. Purple flames erupted all around her, consuming her bright body and pulling her down from her spot above the ground. Crying out in agony, she laid on the ground as the fire burned her body into nothingness. When she opened her eyes again, she was lying on the cold floor inside of Verinnia's mind. The light symbols had dissolved into her skin, leaving no sign that they'd ever even been there. Her eyes were such a light blue now they almost seemed to glow and her hair had grown several inches. The length now being at her lower back. It was still as red as before, but now it was vibrant and seemed to match that of a living flame. Instinctively, she covered her breasts as she tried to use her hair to hide her bare body.

"And she's got a nice body. Oh Verinnia, you wait 'till I get out! I'm going to have so much fun with her," Astaroth threw his head back and laughed. Fox went crimson, not wanting this monster looking at her like this. Verinnia bent down in front of Fox, "sorry, ignore him. How do you feel?" Fox looked around the room, it was still normal. The darkness was still there, illuminated by unseen sources. Alice was still holding the book, the symbols having returned to their places. "It...it hurt so badly...but I...feel different now," Fox was unsure of how to really say that. Verinnia smiled and nodded, "I didn't know it would destroy your dress, I hope you weren't very fond of it." Fox looked around her and saw the burned pieces of blue fabric that seemed to flower the floor around her. "Is it destroyed outside of your mind as well?" Fox asked, her cheeks instantly heating. Not only did the boogieman get a free show, but now Arivos might as well. Verinnia pondered for a second before nodding. Squealing, Fox wrapped her arms tightly around herself just as light came around to envelop her around her breasts and hips. "Oh gods! What...what did I do?!" Fox panicked as she stood up, pure light now covering her most private places. "Calm down, Fox. It's alright," Verinnia cooed as she wrapped her arm around Fox's shoulder. Astaroth couldn't help but laugh at this foolishness. They'd just filled this mortal up with the power of a goddess and having just made the light into clothes for herself, all she could manage was panic. "Stop it, Astaroth!" Verinnia demanded, but he blatantly ignored her, laughing even harder at her demands.

Alice tucked the book behind her back and looked at Fox with a smirk. "How does it feel to be powerful now?" she asked with more excitement than she could contain. Fox stared down at the light that had enveloped her and gulped, "I don't really know..." Alice giggled and titled her head to the side, "I bet it feels wonderful right!" Fox stared at the girl, feeling a bit more weary of her. "I-I suppose," she replied slowly. Verinnia dropped her arm from Fox and smiled, "I think you're beginning to wake up, let's head back then, shall we?" Looking down at herself, Fox saw herself becoming transparent. "I'll be seeing you soon, Fox!" Astaroth called with a laugh as the room faded from Fox's vision.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:34 am

Verinnia got up in a near instant as she woke up suddenly as she woke back into consciousness. Following quickly, she got got up and stormed over to Arivos as she hurriedly opened her mouth to speak, "She will be up in a few minutes, but I must speak to you, or rather Alice wants to as she heard something interesting from you." Verinnia said this in a near threatening voice towards Arivos as her eyes already began to change to blue, her hair to silver. "I believe I heard that you originally wanted to turn Verinnia in, is that so, Arivos?" Alice asked as her voiced formed quickly.

He seemed to stammer, perhaps in slight fear as he backed a bit away from the now Alice in front of him. "Let me tell you now, if you still intend to do so, I WILL kill you, when the time is right of course..." She said in a shrieking voice, mixed with threat among her ghostly tone. She calmed herself quickly and patted her clothes to seem more mature as she did not intend to yell so. "I also sense...you are troubled. Talk to Verinnia, talk to Fox, this is a thing you must do as you will only degrade yourself if you keep it inside, remember I've been watching and will continue watching." She walked over towards Arivos as she placed her ice cold hand against his cheek. "You have much to look forward to, so why do you not just keep your pants on, and wait, and trust. You do not need to worry about Verinnia's power any longer, watch her and learn from her." Alice said as she sat down gracfully next to Arivos.

"Now," She spoke up, "Why don't you tell me everything, then we could both later tell Foxas we can no longer keep secrets between any of us although keeping Astaroth out of the loop may be a good idea."
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:50 am

His eyes narrowed as this... new Verinnia approached him, yelled at him even. He lacked the fire in his eyes, lacked the determination and defiance he once had. His emerald green eyes seemed so dull now. "If I wanted to turn her in, I wouldn't have saved her, would I? I wouldn't have watched over as I did. Now? I'm not needed anymore, am I? You can protect Sephira better then I ever could." His cheeks darkened ever so slightly as he looked away again, it wasn't out of embarrassment, but emotion, something he still had yet to acknowledge or accept.

"I am nothing more then a simple ticket to Sephira's freedom. I'm not her protector, or her savior. You are that, but you can't be here forever, and when you're gone... Sephira will die." He said this in a matter of fact manner, keeping his tone carefully nuetral as he stared out over the balcony. "I'm of no use here, I can't fight Akiko, or whatever he is bringing back. I can't protect her from him and I'm pretty sure he believes that Fox was the only one to save Verinnia that night meaning they want her dead more then anything else. I doubt she has realized this yet. So you protect her. I'll stand by and watch as I follow and allow her to travel where she wish." He really was a broken man, he didn't have the confidence as he felt chained to the situation and still useless. It was a rather pathetic sight as he was once so confident, he lacked that now. "I am nothing but a tool to Sephira, that's all I will ever be because all she cares is of that freedom. If I leave? I die. If she dies, I die, the king even thinks I should marry her as a consort, a title and nothing more." He looked down at his hand, which had stopped bleeding but still hurt, though he hid the pain. "There is everything." That wasn't everything but he had hoped it was enough to keep her satisfied and that she couldn't see anymore. "As for your demon, let him come out, I'm in no mood to listen to anymore arrogance or boasting which demons are known for." It was a spark of fire, just a hint of fights still in Arivos, but that was all.

"Now, take care of her. She'll need your help to get back to normal I think, to rest up and what not." He didn't turn back to look at Alice at all, still staring out over the Balcony, he didn't even look towards Sephira to see if she was moving or even ok now. "Just leave me be and tend to her."
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:25 am

Alice stared at Arivos, contempt in her eyes. "Man up," she ordered. "For the love of the gods, Arivos, stop complaining. If it weren't for you, Fox would be dead. So what, you're tied to her now, it's obviously not that much of a bad thing, now is it? Here's the deal, stop moping around and feeling sorry for yourself. And also be extra nice to the girls, and I'll think about keeping your secret," she winked at him mischievously before pursing her lips and speaking again. "And you don't want Astaroth out. He'll kill us all," a creepy giggle escaped her lips before her body melded back to Verinnia. "Alright, well, I hope you two played nicely and said whatever it was that needed to be said. If you'll excuse me, I think Fox is waking up," Verinnia turned on her heel and went to sit by Fox's side. She was stirring, her skin glowing lightly. "How are you feeling?" Verinnia asked as she helped Fox sit up. As she opened her eyes, she looked down at herself and sighed contently, "I'm glad my clothes are on," she whispered to herself. "I feel a bit tired to be honest with you," Fox got to her feet and brushed some dirt off her dress before looking around her room. There was blood on the wall and a smashed chair not too far from it. "Arivos," she called, "did something happen?" She looked over at him and saw him babying his hand, which was crusted with dry blood.

"What did you do to yourself?" she demanded, stomping over to him. Her hair was much longer now than he remembered and her eyes seemed to glow in the light. "What happened to you?" he asked, eyeing her suspiciously. "I asked you first! You broke your hand and a very nice chair, what the hell?" Fox demanded, slapping his arm. He shrugged before turning his back on her. "I'm useless now. I'm nothing more than a means to an end. And that end being your freedom. I'm supposed to protect you but now I can't even do that. Verinnia's got that covered, clearly!" he whined, slumping over the rail. Fox huffed, crossing her arms, "you are so selfish and whiny! You think I wanted this to happen? You think you're the only one suffering--" "How are you suffering, Sephira!? You get everything you want! You're royalty, you have freedom, you have your family, and you have a magical protector as well as a man who's forced to protect you with his life. How are you suffering?"

Arivos had whipped around to look at her, his face mere inches from hers. Clenching her fist, she punched him, drawing blood from his lip. "How dare you be so selfish! I didn't ask for this, Arivos! I didn't do this to you! How am I suffering? I'm hurting someone I owe my life to, someone I thought I could call my friend. But I guess that's completely out of the question now! In a few years, I'll be sitting on the throne, with the country under my control. And knowing that, I still have to find a way to protect Verinnia and rid the world of the Undead Kingdom and the threat they pose to us all! And gods know they're already after me, and they know who I am! I will never be safe...So don't think for one minute you're the only one suffering! GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" she screamed, pointing to the door. Arivos tried to open his mouth, racking his brain for an excuse. He stammered before she yelled a few more obscenities and pushed him towards her door. Unlocking it, she shoved him out and told him to go to do something useful and leave her alone before slamming the door in his face. Pressing her back against the door, Fox slid down to sit and sighed. So much had happened in such a short time, what was she to do? What had she truly done to herself?

"Everything will be just fine!" came a chipper voice. "Oh, Alice. I don't think it will be. He's so selfish! How dare he mope around thinking he's the only one suffering. How dare he whine and bitch and complain and have a self pity party while the rest of us actually cope with our troubles. What a horrible man! If he wasn't the only way I was allowed out of the castle I'd have him thrown out of the human kingdom!" Fox yelled, stomping her foot. Alice turned to look coldly at the shut door, knowing Arivos was on the other side, listening. "Oh, don't worry Fox," Alice said loudly, knowing he'd hear, "I have a feeling Arivos will start acting like himself again and even be extra nice to us real soon." Smirking to herself, she sat down next to Fox and watched her fiddle with her nails, which were chipped and broken. "Something's worrying you," Alice said sadly, a frown crawling across her doll-like face.

"For the first time in a very long time Alice, I'm scared. Truly scared. Akiko appeared out of nowhere and I was powerless to stop him. Who knows if I'll do any better with these powers...powers I don't even know how to control. I panicked after bending some light into clothing...I'm not going to hell for that am I?" Fox asked, paranoia dripping from her tone. Alice giggled before realizing that Fox was truly terrified and shook her head, "no, of course not," she assured her. Fox nodded and looked straight ahead, out to the balcony where the midday sun was pouring sunbeams onto the floor. "What else is troubling you?" Alice asked, seeing that addressing this issue hadn't calmed Fox at all. Sighing, Fox pulled her knees to her chest and looked into Alice's eyes, tears misting her vision. "It's Astaroth. I've never felt such evil before. He terrifies me so deeply. What did he mean he was going to have fun with me? He was going to see me soon? I'm...I'm really scared, Alice. I know I'm safe as long as he's in that cell...but how long will it hold? What will he do if and when he escapes? Who...who is he?" Fox was noticeably trembling as she looked to Alice, her eyes searching desperately for answers that might calm her nerves.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:09 am

"Bad news first," She said as she stared straight ahead, looking away from Fox. "He is most likely...the Prince of Hell itself although I have my own doubts since I was there myself...." She looked down as she remembered the 'hell' it was there. "Then again, not much of this could even be considered good news," She aid as she forced a small spooky giggle. "The current Cell is doing more danger then it is protecting and honestly, she was better off without this seal you had found." She finally looked into Fox's eyes as she understood how scared that must of made Fox feel, so she spoke up quickly as to not hurt her feelings of the subject. "This is by no means your fault as you were just trying to help, but as well, if it was not for that seal none of you would of met me as Astaroth would never let me take the stage." She spoke while hinting that she had an agenda of her own, however small it may be. She stood up to pace in front of Fox before going on with her speech, she twirled her hair and looked towards Fox from time to time while she would sigh at times. "If he does indeed get out with his full power, it would be the end of the Elvan and Human kingdom as he may or may not have made a good deal with the banshee queen, what she could of offered I do not know as Verinnia herself should not be enough of a trade." She stopped for a moment, both speaking and moving as she let Fox take it all in.

"Only a few other things I need to say in other news before I go back," She began as she walked towards Fox. "I am sorry, but I cannot train your abilities, and I cannot say why, but know that you need to practice them, but do not force practice...you know what will happen. That much at least Verinnia could help with, but do not hit her with a Light spell, even by accident." It all sounded so horrible, but she said it with such ease as she hid her own fear of being destroyed by Fox one day.

"You need to talk to Arivos," She said out of the blue and seriously. "No anger, no bad words, just talk. I do not want to hear any excuses from either of you, or I shall lock you both in a room till you sort it out." Alice looked deeply into Fox's eyes while her own became ghostly white. "You do not want Arivos feeling this way if Astaroth is able to become free at the same time." She ended with a note on the dangers of having a person's will be so low around a demon.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:47 am

Arivos had sat against the closed door, eyes staring at the ground, he didn't bothering listening in, it wasn't his place. Besides, as usual, he found himself lost on his own thoughts. She doesn't get it. This isn't about my suffering, I can't defend her. How can I hope to be a friend with this fear of failing her? Of failing an entire kingdom. Doesn't she see? I did little to save her life, it is Verinnia she should be thanking. Not me. Not after the deal I made with the undead, even if I went back on it. He sat there thinking on all she had said, eyes still glued to the floor. Friend? How can I be a friend, there is no closeness between us, no kinship, no bonding. What am I supposed to do? Gods give me guideness, give me something, anything, a path to follow anything. I can't protect her alone, I can't do this myself, she is the head of the entire kingdom of man soon. I am her protector, a protector that not one soul in the entire kingdom would vouch for, if I fail then the entire kingdom crumbles.

It was then her father came rushing up the stairs to her bedroom, looking rather concerned and angered that Arivos was sitting outside with his hands in his face. "What the hell are you doing, Arivos? Where is my daughter!" Arivos looked up, pushing himself to his feet and bowing, the bitterness coming back to his voice. "Inside, safe and sound... Duke. Just a misunderstanding, she's fine." Her father narrowed his eyes for a moment before nodding, "Very well, remember what happens to you if anything happens to her." With that the duke strolled off, Arivos growling softly as he bit his tongue. How can I forget, to punish me you leave your kingdom in my hands. NO! Stop this Arivos, you are not this cruel but how can I not be? How can I be a friend to someone who's life means my own? I'm done with this. Sephira deserves better. Damn it, then she'll be as chained as I am now.

He let out another growl of frustration, his right fist going towards another wall before he stopped it. The idea of damaging it further, being the hand that's already damaged, wasn't the smartest idea and he wasn't exactly an idiot. "Tell me what I'm supposed to do." It was then a shadow appeared before him, it could only be one person, laughing in a gentle yet manically way. "Akiko..."

The shadow seemed to grin widely as he stared at Arivos, "I can tell you want you are to do. Kill the Siren for us, Verinnia won't be able to handle losing her only friend and because of it this kingdom will burn by my sister's hands. Do this and your family's debt is settled." Arivos shook his head, eyes lighting up with his old defiance, like a flame reawakened. "No, Akiko. The night your Death Guard was slaughtered was the night I turned my back on this debt. I am not the Banshee Queen's delivery boy, I killed them, not the Siren. My hands are stained with their blood, not her's."

Akiko frowned at this, "I always told mother we couldn't trust a human raised elf. I knew you would be trouble, a pity, I was almost hoping I'd be wrong. You will serve us soon, Arivos, I'll be the one holding your chain while you drool over yourself as our newest pet. Until then." With that the shadow of Akiko had disappeared for good, at least Arivos hoped so. He looked towards Sephira's door once more, still closed as she was most likely still talking to Verinnia. He could hear bits of chatter but unable to really make any of it out. How do I defend her from him? How do I protect her? I need the elves, my people, I need to go home but leaving these walls will only make us easy targets, damn it! His left fist came pounding into his head gently as he tried to think. Think Arivos. No one one in this kingdom will aid you, not unless she asks it for you but they had to have heard part of that conversation so why would they trust me? Akiko would have wanted that, distrust me, but I'm not much of a threat. I can't fight the man and I only know that they want Verinnia, so perhaps they heard none of it.

He fell back against the door, lost in his mind, in his shame and pity once more. I'm going to fail. It was then the door opened, Sephira now standing over Arivos, eyes not looking all that happy but it was near impossible to tell if she had her the conversation between Arivos and Akiko. He prayed she didn't but how could she not? They had been just outside her door.

Last edited by Phyzzle on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Medieval Struggle
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Roleplay :: Roleplay :: Raziel's Domain-
Jump to: