Project Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Roleplay

A forum where good RP is born

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Medieval Struggle

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Phyzzle

The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 2:19 am

Arivos hadn't moved from the room, even as Fox had. There was a very dangerous situation playing in his mind. If she is the daughter of the duke who is the brotherof the king and she thinks I know... this is not good for anyone. He had sat there for a long while, wondering how he should approach her, if he should approach her at all. What would happen, what damage would it cause, what blood shed might there be? He had one thing going for him that could benefit her. The people of this town trusted him, it was like a second home and anything he told them they would believe. it as his persona, Shadow, that they knew. Finally he decided and pushed himself off the chair and moved towards Fox, whispering so as not to wait the sleeping innocence that had been with them up to this point.

"We need to talk, alone." It seemed she didn't want to make a scene as she nodded and followed him into the room she had slept in, Arivos speaking with the inn keeper and telling him to keep an eye on the child which he did. After this he closed the door and kept his voice low.

"I know who you are Fox. Sephira Auburdine." He stood before her, arms out straight to show himself unarmed though in truth he didn't truly know this was her but everything fit. "I don't know what happened that night, nor do I know why you chose this life when so many would kill to be the niece of the king. What I do know is that you know me, and I'm pretty sure you've already remembered who I am. I want to make something clear before you do anything drastic or harm anyone. I have no plans to turn you in, no plans to betray your trust as it doesn't benefit me at all. The only people who saw that clasp is the blacksmith and the inn keeper and they don't care about Ashgate. Far as they know... you stole it. I say all of this simply because I do not want to have this end up with bloodshed or a dagger in my sleep." He then stared at her, without fear or any signs of worry or concern. Was he truely so unafraid of what she might do? Even as he knew what she had done the night she disappeared? Or was there something more to him? A reason he didn't fear death, perhaps he simply expected it as his life was little different then hers had been the last two years with the excception of the fact he made his pressence known as Arivos Vynadalus, the elven duke of the kingdom of man.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 2:36 am

Fox was flabbergasted. Nothing in her could have prepared her for his confrontation. But she bit back the surprise and rose her head so they could see eye to eye. In a slow motion, she pulled her hood back and pulled the mask down so her entire face was bare to him. Her pale skin glowed in the thin beams of sunlight that cracked through the half open window, giving her an eerie look. She took a step forward, cocking her hip out, and spoke in a deadly voice.

"So Arivos, you do remember me. The night of my disappearance is still a mystery it seems. That's good. I wonder if there was enough of that Duke's son for them to identify him. No matter. That night is of no importance and never will be. I may be at my weakest right now, Arivos, but believe me you haven't even seen a fraction of what I can do and the rumors these scared peasants spread hardly do justice to my work. So don't for a second think that you have the upper-hand on me or that you overpower me. And don't for a second think you're safe. I don't want to have to kill you, Arivos. Killing is so boring without reward, although, keeping myself safely tucked away in the shadows is a good enough reward. So don't tempt me, elf," Fox's voice was laced with venom as she spat the last few words.

She tilted her head in a creepy manner, making her appear just as insane as she'd sounded when she'd gotten her clasp returned, "and as far as either you or I are concerned, Sephira Auburdine was captured and killed that night. A woman emerged in the darkness, simply called Fox. She gained a reputation as The Siren. A hauntingly beautiful woman who sang to her prey, luring them in so she could cut them to pieces. If you ever say that name again aloud, it better be to further spread the rumor that the posh niece of the king is long gone. Every person in the damned kingdom of man is looking for that girl, for me. And gods forbid I have to return, my first official decree as Queen will be to have you killed for the crimes you committed against your own kin!"

Fox spat at the ground before pulling her mask and hood back into place. Turning away from Arivos, she chuckled, "we're all going to die in the end, Arivos. Only, lucky you, you get to choose when." Weakly, she made her way back into bed and got comfortable just as Verinnia rushed in, apologizing for falling asleep and going back to chattering Fox's ear off.

Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 1:25 pm

As if feeling how Fox is feeling herself, Verinnia asked as soon as she got into the room "Are you alright, Fox?" There was a slight worried look on her face as she grew more fond feelings toward this woman. This was not like Verinnia at all before all these happenings, but what could one pinpoint this blame of cause on. She continued to talk to Fox for long on end and at times shed ask while getting hyper, "Am I getting annoying? Tell me if I am." And then she would go back to talking once more.

Again though, she seemed to be getting tired once more as she slowly drifting into sleep against Fox's leg once more. She used to have so much energy, and she can't just suddenly feel comfortable after the many weeks of running away, could she? Whats going on with her? Perhaps only those who would actually question how she works, or how she is, or even about her instead of labeling her, or being afraid of her.

She once more began mumbling in her sleep, same words as before, Brother, Mother....why? Although it was now clear what she was saying, what would Fox think of her sleeping ramblings? And what of Arivos? Does he care about Verinnia at all, or just wants to stop a war?
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Arivos had shown no worry or concern, even as Fox showed her insanity, even as she had threatened him. They were like two very different pieces of very similar material, cut from the same cloth yet so many things were different. His head turned as he watched Verinnia burst in and begin chatting up a storm with Fox giving Arivos a chance to slip out. He'd move towards Soras the inn keeper, giving him a slight nod.

"Who are they, Shadow, you've never traveled with company before." Soras watched Arivos for a moment before handing the logs of those who had come and gone, their names, however, were no where to be seen. "Just traveling companions, old friend, nothing more. I know you must be wondering about the clasp as Ashgate is the strongest force of the kingdom of man behind the king's own. She stole it and those who she stole it from are fine, they won't be a problem." Soras looked relieved and gave a nod and a smile.

"Oh and Rutho wants to see you Shadow, it seems he finished you're other request." Arivos gave a nod, looking towards Fox and Verinnia as they continued to chat, only Fox seemed to notice that Arivos was leaving the in as he moved out the front door and headed towards the Blacksmith. His mind was racing, of the night he met the Fox, of Akiko, what he doing the right thing or should he leave them, he felt more like a third wheel, an outsider with these two. He prefered it that way but if he was not needed he had to reason to stay or help them any further.

As he got to the blacksmith shot, Rutho approached him rather angry. "What the hell is wrong with you, Shadow! DO you know what that symbol could do to u-" Arivos raised a hand silencing him, "There is nothing to worry about, Rutho, it was stolen and the one who wore it is fine, stolen in their sleep. You have nothing to be concerned with. Now... Soras said you finished my weapons?"

Rutho stared at the man for a moment, clearly still not very happy but he'd nod and move over toward his weapon rack. From it he'd take two swords, the weapons themselves looked to be crafted with some kind of black metal. They gleamed in the torch light but even as they shined they were black as night. The blades were about a foot long each, one side of the each blade was also serrated, creating jagged edges that when going into a person means nothing but pulling out ripped off so much flesh, causing so much pain. The handled were wrapped in black cloth with the letter S written in an almost blood red calligraphy on both sides. He'd give Rutho a nod as he attached the sheaths for both weapons on either side of his waist and then placed the weapons inside.

"Thank you Rutho, as usually your work is precisely what I asked for." Arivos then turned to wander the town even as he saw Rutho ready to ask or speak on another matter but the blacksmith didn't follow.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Fox patted Verinnia's head, the girl having talked herself to sleep once more. She was unsure of why the sudden change had occurred in the girl. Several days ago she was afraid of her own voice, and now she couldn't get enough of the sound. Maybe it was the seal that had been broken. Maybe it didn't just release her full power, maybe it unleashed something else, something Fox couldn't quite put her finger on. Slowly, she got out of bed and stood before the small mirror in the room. Examining herself, she realized how much of a mess she looked. How broken and weak she seemed. Disgusted with herself, she did her best to straighten her appearance before heading for the door.

"I don't know if you can hear me, Verinnia," Fox whispered, "but I'm headed to the tavern."

With that, she slipped out of the door and through the inn, and disappearing into the tavern. Once inside, the hot smell of ale and mead assaulted her senses. Oh what a marvelous scent that was. Pulling up a seat at the bar, she smacked the counter lightly and ordered herself a large mead and a huge plate of something the bartender swore wasn't horse meat. Taking her food and drink from the bar, she sat in a darker corner of the tavern and tucked her clasp in as it was beginning to draw attention. Quietly, she got drunk and full in her corner, her head swimming not only from her injury but her highly alcoholic chalice. In her inebriated state, she hadn't noticed a group of men moving closer to her. It wasn't until they were standing at her table that she was fully aware of them.

"Where'd ya get that clasp, lass?" one of them slurred. Quickly pulling her mask back up, Fox replied, "I stole it. Why is it of any concern to you?" Her speech wasn't as slurred as the man who'd addressed her, but it was getting there.

"That must have been some job. A thing like that...must cost a fortune..." the man smiled, his front three teeth missing, showing a black gap that allowed his putrid breath to slip out.

"Probably," Fox said slyly, "now if you don't mind I'd like to return to getting drunk." The men stood over her for a moment, whispering to each other, and then leaving. Smirking to herself, she finished her mead and got up. She began crossing to the door, and as she left, she sang her song. The Siren's song. Instantly all the chatter stopped, the music died down, the people holding their breath as the haunting melody seemed to be coming from everywhere and nowhere. It got louder and louder until it suddenly cut off, the seductive sound of Fox's laughter then bouncing off the walls. She exited the tavern and rounded back to the inn, where she met a worried Verinnia and an impatient Arivos.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:44 pm

"Fox!" Verinnia said as she went right up to her, "I heard your singing...are you alright, did you get into trouble?" Her voice seemed less stable suddenly, and for some reason a streak of purple hair was now there. "Sorry, I fell asleep again..." She said her voice stable once more. "How are you feeling, did you eat and drink well? Here have a lie down," She tried offering while tugging at her hand.

"Ummm...." She suddenly hummed as her face seemed stricken with fear. "Ar-are you pos-possibly able to, or-or, feel well enough to continue on?" Her breathing became heavy as a feeling of dread even came over Fox. Verinnia looked towards the sky, it was supposed to be very sunny out, but a small section of sky towards the forest from whence they had come from, was beginning to become blackened. "W-we need to leave...or I uh..." She stammered as she began to freak out when her eyes suddenly closed with fear as she sprinted out of the door, a trail of tears flowing behind her as the grayish shadows in the sky drew closer, seemingly towards her.

"No, not the wraiths....why would she send them already?" She asked herself as she looked behind, fear filled eyes beginning to cry blood. "Th-they are already affecting me..., but I need to get them away from the village..." She said as she hurriedly kept running towards the border of the town which lead to the Mors Mortis desert. Even the wraiths should not be able to handle the harsh desert for long, or at least enough to fight them off.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:07 am

Arivos stared at Fox, eyes full of anger though his voice remained strangely calm, "The hell is wrong with you, Fox. If you killed anyone in this town, if you ruined my place here I will end you and not look back. You don't even know what I'm capable of, Fox. I didn't help save your life so you can destroy what I've made for myself." He looked as if he was going to say more but was then interrupted by Verinnia. As she said said what she did his eyes scanned the skies and the ground as he cursed under his breath.

"We need to leave now, they're only here for her and I'd prefer innocent people get hurt." His gaze shot towards Fox again as he said this. He'd take his bow in hand but not an arrow as they took off running towards the desert. Why is it we've not found one day of piece, if it's not something because of Fox it's because of Verinnia, why the hell am I still helping them! He'd glance over his shoulder, just being able to make out the shadows of something closing in behind them.

"Keep moving we're almost in the desert, not that it'll make things any better." His eyes looked behind him again, the shadows were getting closer, hundred feet behind them at the most. Face the desert or fight the banshees, rock and a hard place. Damn it Arivos, you don't want to run into another banshee, let us hope they do no remember the deal you struck up.

Infront of them the copper color hills began to rise before them, the rolling hills of the desert was before them. There was even a few cacti in sight but they couldn't see too deep into it as a sand storm had begun raging not too far in the distance. A buzzard or two could be seen picking the bones of some beast not too far from where the where Duskwood faded into Mors Mortis. Arivos knew so little of this desert other then people refused to travel it much. Stories of people getting lost, or never returning, even going mad from whatever they saw or because of dehydration or hunger. The desert from here didn't look all too scary, far brighter then Duskwood on it's best day but even if ti was worse they had no choice.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:21 am

Ready to respond to Arivos' outburst, Fox was cut off by Verinnia's panic and the need to run. Her drunken mindset didn't fully process what was going on until she was at the edge of the desert. Banshee's were at their heels, screeching and clawing at them. Stumbling, Fox tumbled over herself, her entire back instantly burning from the sand. It was a wonder the sand was so hot when the rest of the world seemed cooler. Pushing herself back up, she managed to clumsily clamber to her feet and was standing behind Verinnia, who was mumbling in a mad manner as Arivos armed his bow, ready to strike down the banshee's. With a loud hiccup, Fox took another step back and readied her own bow. Her fingers too uncoordinated to make anything work, she only managed to drop her arrows at her feet, which caused the banshee's to fly at them faster.

The wind from the sandstorm was picking up and reaching the group, whipping around their hair and clothes as well as the sand, making it near impossible to see. Soon they were face to face with the banshee's, who had come to a full stop directly in front of Arivos. Clumsily, Fox picked up her arrows and stored them again in their quiver and made herself invisible to the banshee's by crouching behind Verinnia. With a laugh, the larger of the three banshee's spoke.

"Oh what a treat. We have Arivos Vynadalus, who made a scandalous deal with us not so long ago. And he seems to be protecting our target, Ekibyo! Oh how delicious! Two birds with one stone!" The banshee laughed loudly, which sounded more like nails dragging on metal rather than a sound of humor.

"But what is this? A drunken Siren? Marvelous! Our top three priorities all in one, vulnerable spot. You mortals make this far too easy!" All the banshee's laughed, sending a chill up everyone's spines. Arivos stood his ground, his arrow knocked and ready to fire at a moments notice. Fox was still hiding behind Verinnia, knowing full well she was far too inebriated to fight properly. Her legs shaky and the occasional hiccup escaping her lips, she whispered, "is there any way out of this?"
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:16 am

Verinnia felt scared beyone belief, what she had hoped would be here is not here. "No, they are usually pretty active during the day...now what do we do..." She said as she seemed to know something of the area, they would have to quetion her about that later if they survived. "Fuck!" Came the same demonic voice from within Verinnia once more, but it seemed not strong enough to take over yet, but still Verinnia pulled out her sword and whipped it around her, getting to full whip length. A hissing sound came from within Verinnia's weapon as it seemed to slowly take another form, a giant chakram as large as her.

She hurriedly ran towards a large rock formation poking out of the desert like an iceberg as she dragged Fox with her. "Fox!, hold my arm, read my mind's words and sing, to a Sonic level!" She said loudly as she slammed her chakram into the rock causing it to create a near sonic wave of sound. "Sing! Now! Screech it!" To which she began her usual song until her mind connected with Verinnia's as her voice turned monstrous like to a screeching degree, almost as loud as the sonic bomb which Aikiko used when he fought that monster. "Keep singing, we need it to come!"

"What." Was all either Fox or Arivos could think at the sound of Verinnia attracting yet another monster.

Suddenly the ground beneath them all began to vibrate like an earthquake, from far off into the distance one could see a massive trail under the sand many meters wide. What is coming, did she summon this? As soon as Verinnia noticed the creature coming she took Fox by the hand, halting her singing although it could still be heard without it now, a combined spell which lengthened the song without more effort.

"We need to get out of it's way, Arivos get on the rock!" She yelled as he ran towards her, "What the hell did you do?" He said as he got to the rock to which she covered his mouth and gave him the hush sign with her finger.

In a small moment the ground stopped shaking, and the Wraiths seemed to show a small sign of fear as afterall, in such heat their bodies are no longer ethereal, but almost physical. After that small moment of a silence a massive creature jumped out of the sand right in front of the wraiths as it stared down as the creatures before him. "...Oops," Verinnia said as she gazed upon the giant black armored creature. "This Diablos is in heat....ummm, we best stay quiet..." She whispered as the other two peeked to look over at the creature.

Standing on two heavily armored legs, the beast stared down at the creatures in curosity, his twin horns masking his evil looking eyes while his armored hood reflected sunlight. His forearms where out to his side where leathery wings were placed. This monster seems to be on the path to evolving as it seems part wyvern still. His tail which housed a massive club began to swing side to side as it appeared to become slowly agitated. It did not seem to like the wraiths in from of her. It began to raise her head as it screeched so loudly that it caused not only our companions to hold down their ears tightly, but for the wraiths to become unsettled as they lost their ability to float. The monster then clawed at the ground as black smoke emmenated from its mouth before he suddenly charged towards the wraiths, instantly killing two of them on each horn, and immediately followed up by swinging it's tail, clobbering a group of them sending one flying towards the rock in which our heroes stood. The rest seemedto flee away, but the monster seem to lose care for the ones who ran, but began turning around towards a nearby cactus to which it ate profusely.

Verinnia, eyes focused on the Diablos after seeing if the wraith nearby's threat was gone, spent just a litttlllee too much time looking at the monster as she dropped her chakram onto the rock causing it to once again create the sonic boom to which the Diablos looked up suddenly, and angrily towards their direction. Rather she could see them, or just knew the sound came from that direction she immediately began charging, horns down towards the rock in which they took cover on.

"Climb higher!" Verinnia said as she tugged at them while just escaping puncture, leaving the Diablo's to have it's horns stuck in the rock for a few moments to which it screeched and flailed it's tail ever faster.

((OOC: A chakram is a blade in the shape of a circle))
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:38 am

Arivos cursed under his breath, eyes shifting to the side. They remembered, still haven't payed my debt, this is bad. He had little time to think on this as Verinnia took to her plan. His eyes staring at her like she was insane, scream that loud? That's when it all went insane.

In a blur of the moment he wound up on that rock with the other two, a beast attempting topple the rock formation. Not just any beast, this was bigger then anything any of them, well, Fox and Arivos at least had ever seen. Why the hell is she drunk at a time like this! She could be useful and now we're stuck on this rock, staring at our deaths because of this undead weapon! He'd look to Verinnia, almost snarling now with the first emotion he'd ever shown to these two. "VERINNIA DO ME A FAVOR AND STOP HELPING! Fox!" He'd look towards his other companion now, slapping her hard, "You can stab me for that later, snap out of it! I need to you to focus! We need you to help us."

The entire rock formation shook again, rocks began falling from the formation, cracks forming and shooting up it's base. "There has to be a weakness on it... let's hope I don't die, I'd rather not be buried in this desert. You two deal with it! I'll lead it away!" He'd then leap onto the things back, coming down hard, the air being knocked out of him. Even more so as he then tumbled off the beast and onto the sand. As he stood up he'd start yelling, trying to get it's attention. "HEY! Over here!" This worked, perhaps too good as it's attention was now fully focused on Arivos. The beast charged foward, trying to trample Arivos who barely got out of the way but getting caught by it's leg and throwing Arivos to the ground. He barely at time to stand as it's tail was then swung at the elven male, who dropped to the ground, mostly out of pain rather then instict as the tail swung a few inches over his body.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:25 am

Sense was slapped back into Fox in the most undignified way possible. Angrily, Fox went to call after Arivos to insult him, but all that came out was a few drops of blood. Wrapping her fingers around her throat, she anxiously reached for her voice, hoping somehow she could touch it and make it better. She looked to Verinnia, who stood over her like a non-sentient soldier. Her eyes were cold now and no emotion played across her now hard face as the wind tossed her hair across her face. Again Fox felt her head swim. She'd never felt such force come from her before, and the sound was only just disappearing from around them. The stitching in her head had started to loosen, making small trails of liquid drip down Fox's neck. Arivos was shooting arrow after arrow into the Diablos, hoping desperately to wound it to some degree, but all he seemed to do was anger the beast.

"Sing again, Fox," Verinnia ordered, her voice almost metallic. She continued to stare down at the beast, no emotion stirring on her stone face. When Fox didn't oblige, Verinnia's head snapped in Fox's direction. Her voice now more demonic than Fox had ever heard it, she ordered again, "sing!" When Fox opened her mouth, Verinnia wrapped her fingers around Fox's throat and threw her head back. A power the likes of which Fox had never felt before poured into her throat and out of her mouth. Like a giant ball of energy, the sound flew from Fox, louder and more forceful than before. The sound echoed off the rocks, shaking the formations all the way down to the sand. Rocks began to crack and fall from their positions high in the air. Another deep rumbling came from the sand below, and appeared another Diablos. This one also seemed to be in heat and was twice as angry as the one that had been tailing Arivos. It had stopped though, Fox's song, which was still penetrating the air, and the appearance of the new Diablos distracting it. The two stopped and stared at each other for a moment before doing a small side stepping dance as they examined the other. Verinnia's grip tightened around Fox's throat. "Louder," came the voice again, deeper and more demonic than previous.

The sound again erupted from Fox's throat as well as Verinnia's now, their songs mixing and creating a sound-wave that made even the sand below them tremble. The sand begin to move in a whirlpool like manner below the Diablos, but they managed to recover. Arivos found himself not so lucky. Leaping from the grips of the sinking sands, he managed to grab hold of a rock at the base of the formation and hold on for dear life as the sound continued to rock the entire desert. The Diablos, now being pulled into the whirlpool of sands, were infuriated and together, charged the rock formation. They hit it once hard, knocking many rocks lose and causing the entire formation to tremble. Verinnia released her grip on Fox's throat, causing her to fall to her side unconscious. Verinnia kept the song going, her's and Fox's voice still intertwined and piercing the air.

The Diablos charged again, this time the female succumbing to the whirlpools and being sucked down into the deep empty void beneath the shifting sands. Letting out a sound of sorrow at the loss of a possible mate, the Diablos charged the formation once again, this time digging it's head into the rock, causing it's body to instantly go limp. The formation began to crumble out from under the girls. Verinnia's song was cut off, the last note ending twisted, sounding like a nail on metal. Her eyes were glazed over and her hair was completely purple now as she scanned her surroundings, as if snapping out of a trance. Looking down at Fox, she saw the rock begin to crack under her, a small amount of blood seeping from between the girls chapped lips. The sands had stilled, the female Diablos now completely consumed and the other one half buried by sand, half consumed by rock.

"Verinnia! Fox! Get out of there!" came a distant voice from below. Verinnia peered over the edge and saw Arivos standing a few feet back from the formation, trying to keep his balance as the sands settled. Still not fully awakened from her demonic state, Verinnia didn't acknowledge his warning until she felt the rock beneath her give way. Her being instantly shifted back to normal as she watched, almost in slow motion as she, Fox, and all the rock around them fell. The wind whipped around them violently, the sound filling Verinnia's ears. She screamed for Fox, who fell a few feet from her, still completely unconscious. Oh gods! What have I done...? "What have I done?" Verinnia cried as she reached for Fox. Her fingertips wrapped around Fox's just as several more rocks fell, faster than the others, colliding with Fox and Verinnia. Time seemed to return to normal as Verinnia and Fox slammed into the sand and rock as more of the formation fell on top of them. A purple light erupted from under the rock, causing a blast of air, forcing the rest of the formation to collapse.

Arivos stared on in horror as he watched the formation collapse, crushing not only the Diablos but the girls as well. He tried to run in to try to catch them, try to cushion their fall, but he couldn't get any closer as the formation threatened to swallow him too. After five painfully long moments that felt like an eternity, the dust had begun to settle. Through the dust and sand, Arivos could see the purple light emitting weakly from beneath the rocks, but he hadn't a clue as to what it could be. Timidly, he looked on, wondering if he should approach or not. "Fox...? Verinnia...?" After several moments of waiting without hearing a sound, he approached the rubble and began to try and lift the heavy rocks and move them aside, trying to dig in for the girls. Somewhere deep inside him, he hoped they were okay. He wasn't particularly fond of them, but he certainly wouldn't wish this on them. The idea that they were lying under the rubble, possibly trapped, dead, or otherwise scared Arivos, making him move faster. "Fox...! Verinnia...!" he called, his hands starting to get bloody from his efforts.

Verinnia...help me...
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 11:23 am

Deep under the rocks, Verinnia could be heard breathing heavily as her hair, violet in color, surrounded them as strong as ivory. As Arivos continued to dig he could slowly hear now, not demonic, but Lich like breathing, and as he drew closer he suddenly had no need to continue as the rocks began to float away, revealing Verinnia deep red eyes like rubies. Her hair seemed to have hardened with a protective barrier as they were both unharmed by the massive boulders, but Verinnia seemed heavily out of both stamina and mana while Fox seemed better suddenly although her eyes were slightly green as if filled with healing energies of the undead variety. Verinnia, weakened still, was able to pick fox up enough so as till drag her out of the rubble, and as soon as they were out of the vicinity of it the rocks fell to the earth with a boom. Luckily, the two Diablos were preoccupied with one another and paid them no heed now. "We must continue, to the oasis in a few miles..". She said with an apathetic voice albeit weakened. Her hair was back to normal minus being completely purple now, but her almost to robotic voice was short lived as her voice suddenly became trembling as if she was in an ice cavern. "Are you both ok?" She asked as her hair slowly became blonde once more, her voice returning to more of a normal tone.

---

Just as everything seem to begin to cool down, as much as one could cool down in a desert, a massive energy could just barely be felt from many many miles away, perhaps countries or continents away, so strong that it placed fear into even the Diablos' hearts as the both dove into the sand and began going towards their nests. "DAMN IT." Came a voice from a very dark blue undead, "Akiko if you would of just captured her when you saw her we wouldn't be in this mess!"

"Looks like she hasn;t noticed the seal was weakened," Akiko thought to himself before actually speaking. "My mother, it is so much more fun to let the mouse run so as the cat may enjoy the chase." He said with his usual smirk, eyes closed as per the norm.

"Enough of your shit," She exclaimed loudly as she teleported next to him faster then he could react, slapping him across the face with such force that he was sent flying into the stone wall of the castle taking quite the hit.

"Ow, heh, that really hurt ma, but perhaps a little harder next time." He said jokingly even though he took serious damage from the hit. "I'm just going to go rally another party then." He said as he struggled to get up for a moment before walking out of the room.

"Good, do so, and do not fail me, you know what I will do if you fail me yet again." She said menacingly as she turned to re-enter her private chambers, red eyes flaring a green energy.

Outside the main castle hall Akiko stood, rubbing the blood off of his head which hit the wall hardest. "Damn it. I need more power, that bitch still hurt me.." He said as he angrily stormed off although eyes still closed keeping up his pompose attitude in front of the many grunts or common folk of the Undead Castle.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Arivos had carried Fox the rest of the way to the oasis, even with what he almost knew to be broken ribs. He'd lay her down near the shore of the Oasis, Verinnia collapsing a foot or two away near the shore as well. They have to be broken, but we have enough to worry about. Damn it, if she dies, my last time with her being nothing more then a slap? The guilt was running through him, even though he knew he did it for a good reason the guilt of her dieing with that being the last thing he did. He couldn't bare it. His mind raced but he had to focus. He'd take some water from the oasis, drinking a bit for himself as well as pouring it over his face. He'd then fill a water skin he had taken while they were in town, filling it and moving back to Fox.

"You can't die here Fox, not now... I can't protect Verinnia alone, you can't die here." It was the first sign of real concern he had shown since they were traveling. Worry and fear taking over his features. It wasn't that he grew close to Fox, because they were as far apart as could be since they were traveling. It was because he felt they knew each other, not just from when the met two years about but rather their life styles. They understood each other even as their reasons for do so where different. She understood him and he understood her and in two years he never met someone who could understand why he did it. Granted he didn't know all the reasons, if any, that she stayed with this life but it was still a life he also chose. "Damn it, Fox! You can't die here!" His fist slammed into the said as he yelled at her but the anger was at himself, not her. So far, despite having no powers like Verinnia he felt like the protector because the majority of their time was that they were weak and worn out and he looked over them. Now he felt like he had failed and more so he knew that if she died he'd make a trip home. A trip which would have him laying her body before the king and her father as he told them he had failed. That he was at their mercy and they should do whatever they saw fit because he deserved no less. The guilt alone was washing over his body, his mind, he had failed to protect her and Verinnia.

He'd then move to Verinnia, offering her a bit of water as well, pouring it upon her face and letting her drink as she was still awake though extremely weak. She drank a bit and looked over to Fox. "Is... she?" Arivos quieted her, pulling his hood closer so she couldn't see his face or the trouble he was having keeping his voice calm. "No, she's breathing but there is no telling when she'll be awake. We aren't leaving until she is and don't use any magic, you need the rest as well, Verinnia." With that he sat between them though his eyes focused on Fox. You can't die, Fox, she needs you.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 3:56 pm

"I'm awake, I'm fine!" Fox said. But the words felt funny. Her lips hadn't moved, her throat hadn't vibrated. Nothing about her body moved. "Can't you hear me?" Everything was dark, swallowing her like the evening swallowed the day. It was then that Fox realized it wasn't her speaking, it was her mind. She was trapped inside her head. But that was preposterous! She could feel the sand beneath her, the throbbing in her head, the rawness of her throat. She could hear Verinnia chattering idly and Arivos' rugged breathing. How was she not awake now? How was she unable to move? The events replayed themselves in her mind. The cold look in Verinnia's eyes as her grip tightened and the screeching sound that filled the air, destroying everything around them. It was just as Verinnia's grip had loosened that Fox had felt herself fall into darkness. The sound still pierced the air and then there was silence and the sensation of falling and then hitting the ground. She remembered hearing Verinnia and Arivos' and then she was being carried and laid down again. She was awake dammit! So why couldn't she move?

They couldn't stay here for long. The noise from the formation crumbling, the Diablos, as well as Fox and Verinnia's song would be enough to draw attention to themselves. Surely those pursuing Verinnia sensed the aura that oozed from her during this time, they were surely tracking it and coming this way. We have to leave, now! Fox shouted, knowing no one could hear it. She felt the sand cooling and the brightness begin to fade. Night was swallowing the day as the darkness had devoured her consciousness. The only difference was that day would win in the end, despite any and all odds it would once again wake and shine on the lands. Would Fox be able to fight whatever was holding her under, whatever was trapping her in the abyss of nothingness? Time seemed to stand still around Fox, she was floating yet completely stationary. It was the oddest sensation she'd felt in her entire life.

She heard Arivos and Verinnia speaking again, but the words seemed muddy now. They didn't come in clearly and made little sense. It was like catching a conversation at the end and not knowing what had led to the resolution. Feeling the sand's shift next to her, she heard someone stand and brush themselves off before slowly walking off. Her senses were dulling because she couldn't hear how far or what direction they'd gone. The sensation of someone lying next to her startled her as the world began to dull around her.

"Fox...I know you can hear me...I know you're in there...please wake up..." Verinnia begged, a sob getting caught in her throat, making it sound like she croaked. I'm here! I'm awake! Stop crying dammit, I'm fine! Fox was fully frustrated now. Her friends thought she was dying, but she wasn't, she was right here. She was perfectly fine! But maybe...maybe she was dying. Traveling with these two had caused her to brush closer to death then she ever had since she left home, and now she seemed to be on it's doorstep. Maybe now death was ready to take her, sick of her prancing around in the shadows, taking its job. The realization hit Fox hard in the chest. I'm dying...This is dying...Slow, unfeeling death. Something warm and wet trickled down her cheek.

"Oh Fox! You can hear me! Don't cry, I'll...I'll think of something! You're going to be fine!" Verinnia seemed to pep up now, although Fox wasn't sure why. That single tear was probably the last thing she'd ever express as a living being. She felt Verinnia shift beside her and the fabric being pulled from her face. The wind lightly blew against Fox's completely exposed face. It wasn't until Verinnia's full palm rested against Fox's cheek that she realized she was being touched. All of her senses were failing her, running away into the darkest recesses of her mind. "Arivos told me not to use magic, but...but..." Verinnia hesitated before lowering her lips to Fox's. The shock alone would have been enough to wake her, but then there was a transfer of energy. She felt warmth and light pour into her body, as if someone was filling up a balloon. Slowly Fox's senses returned. Verinnia collapsed beside Fox, her eyes fluttering open, staring weakly. With a bit of effort, Fox pried open her raw eyes and peaked over at Verinnia.

"That was the last of my mana...I'm useless for a while. But it's so worth it," a contented sigh escaped Verinnia's lips as she let her head fall weakly into the sand. "I think I'm gonna nap now..." she whispered as her eyes stopped trying to stay open. Fox felt her lips turn up in a smirk. Arivos returned a few moments later, his eyes locked on the two women laying side by side. "What happened? Are you alright? Is she alright?" His hood was off and his long hair was down and soaking wet. Water was dripping down his face as he came to sit next to Fox. Opening her mouth, she tried to tell him what happened but all that came out was dried blood. A sad look came across Fox's face as she touched her throat. Verinnia had been able to wake her up but not repair her throat. Would Fox ever be able to speak again? The thought saddened her greatly but she hid it, not wanting to show any more weakness today. She placed her fingers to her lips and made a kissing sound and pointed to Verinnia. Arivos cocked his head to the side in a confused manner. Fox did it a few more times before it seemed to sink in. "Oh, well then. At least you're alright," his face turned crimson as he tied his wet hair back up and pulled his hood over his face. "Get some rest, we leave in the morning."
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:41 pm

Morning arrived faster than it truly felt as the two began to stir on this cold desert morning. While the two slept, Verinnia did not, but instead tended to the both of them after waking while they had fallen asleep. Throughout the rest of the night she found things to occupy herself with while at the same time helping her companions. She had woven sleepingbag like blankets out of the few trees, and some of the cloth from her own clothes, now bereft of her leggings, just her skirt covering her although it covered her up nicely, so perhaps her leggings which were made of long white cloth were just for show.

As the two woke up they found Verinnia humming softly as she stared into the moon which still hung in the area, opposite the sun, as it slowly disappeared in the sunlight. The song highly creepy to those around her, but for her provided comfort, she never knew why, just did.((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y58ZuEfe7g)) There seemed to be a glow about her, a small green aura as it seems that her power and mana were rising back to a nominal state, much more so than in recent times thanks to the first full length of rest she has had in weeks. "Oh," She said with a haunting voice as she noticed the two waking while her humming cut off. "How are you both?" She asked, her voice feeling ghostly, and was it just them, or are some of her skin more towards green then her usual blue hue? Her hair was no longer blonde either, it was nearing a black color, somehwere a mix of purple and blonde. Her eyes were of red instead of green, and she seemed hunched over a bit as she had a pain in her back. "I tended to you all night, so I hope I was able to make the both of you comfy in your dreamstate." She was sure talking differently once more, but more hauntedly than ever.

She sat there with her head cocked to the side as she surveyed them. "Would you like to get going, or how about some breakfest?" She asked as she motioned towards a mysteriously grown tree of fruit grown overnight. "I used a bit more magic to create a seed in which I had placed upon my energies to grow quicker, I am sorry, Arivos." She said softly as she smiled with her head still cocked to the side. Creepy.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:31 pm

Arivos hadn't slept at all that well that night, though he was asleep, nightmares had protruded into his mind, clashing back to distant memories and stories, things he shouldn't be able to see so clearly but did.

"What is this on our doorstep? A child...?" The man stared down at the child, his cruel grey eyes showing disgust as he noticed the ears. The man was clearly was a servant of sorts, his clothes being well enough but nothing of regal fashion."An elven child? Here! Draw a bath so we can drown it. Hurry no-" He had been speaking to another servant when he was interupted. "No! This is what I asked for, this child is of royal blood, elven blood. We are going to use him, raise him and use him." The man that approached wore royal garb, the cloth was mainly purple with red trimmings. His bread nearly trimmed but his eyes were as cruel as the servants but instead of grey they were a crystal blue color. The elven child cried as the man picked him up, taking him into his house.

There was then a point of blackness, his mind seeming to skip ahead many years later. The 'father' who had taken him in now had a slightly greying beard as he sat at the head of the table. "Arivos. It is time to act. It's time for you to meet your people and gain me a new alliance." Arivos looked to his father, brow raised slightly. He was in his early twenties now. "What is the meaning of this... new alliance, father? What is your purpose? Why do you need the elves? They distrust man and hate me because I was raised by man."

His father held up a hand as a grin took over his lips, "Ah but when they find out who's blood you hold in your veins, they will rise to stand beside us. They will stand beside me as I tell them how the king stole you in hopes to raise you and turn you against them but I kept you safe." Arivos eyes narrowed slightly as he stared at the table. His mother said beside him, smiling just as much. He couldn't see her face though, he couldn't remember it or picture it, she was just there. Twenty years I've stood beside you, took your beatings, took your threats of death if I ever disobeyed and all I am is a tool? To take over the kingdom? Arivos nodded slightly and stood up to leave. "As you wish, father."

Once more there was a blackness that took over his mind and it opened up again. This time he stood over the body of his father and mother, blood covering his hands and his weapon. He then turned to the window, taking up a whistle that his father kept close, knowing who would show. As he blew on it the most eerie of sounds escaped from it and before him appeared two banshees. Their brow raised as they looked behind him, "What has happened here? Have you come to take over his oath to the Banshee Queen?" Arivos nodded, "Yes, but I need this covered up, a body to be blamed a guilty man, no innocences." The banshee's stared at him for a moment before nodding. "Very well, we will deliver a known murderer to you, his blood on your weapon and their blood on his. Do not betray us, Arivos, or the banshee queen will make you serve her for eternity." Arivos nodded slightly, "And this deal is between her and I? And you? None of her kigndom will know?" The banshees disappeared leaving an eerie echo behind, "None will know."

This is when he woke up panting hard as he felt his ribs, Verinnia must have healed them some how. They were still very sore, however, as he sat up and groaned in pain. "I'm fine, Verinnia. Thank you." He didn't stay to chat as his mind went back to the first part of his dream, his father never did say who's bloodline he belonged to in the elven kingdom. The Elven King was the simpliest answer but nothing had been that simple so far, and why was this dream coming to him now?

He looked to the other two, mostly Fox, "We need to get going. If Fox can move... there is a place that might aid us but it might also be our death. We have to go to the elven kingdom of Riven'duros. They might be able to to cure whatever is ailing Fox, clearly something is wrong with her voice, she's not insulted me yet." A slight smirk came to his lips, warmth being shown towards the two as he had become... more comfortable around them. "We can also get some healing there for us, herbs and such, there are no better healers. Though a elven duke of man, a half elven woman and an undead weapon will not be greeted kindly. I also don't know the way there only that it's north of this desert, it's our best option. Even the undead will not follow us in those walls." After he finished speaking he knelt by the water, drinking deeply from the oasis. Trusting in dreams now for clues, Arivos? You have lost it.
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Fox sat up, the bright morning sun nearly blinding her. She went to respond to Verinnia, but only air left her mouth. Shrugging her shoulders in defeat she sighed, not wanting anything to do with anything. When Arivos mentioned going to the Elven Kingdom, Fox's head snapped up so fast her hood flew off. Readjusting it, she tried to speak. Only managing airy sounds of desperation, she began furiously shaking her head and crossing her arms. No no no no no no no! What a bad idea! God dammit, Arivos you are so damn stupid! Do you have any idea what the elves will do to me if they find out who I am!? Her mind screamed so loudly she hoped he heard her, but she knew he didn't. She punched his arm before getting to her feet and shaking her head again. Her entire body felt rested and well, albeit a bit sore. The only part of her still nonfunctional was her voice. Fox then observed Verinnia. She looked different sitting there. Taking a step toward the girl, she leaned over and looked into Verinnia's eyes. The girl was in there somewhere, but at the moment she wasn't fully herself.

I think we need to find a way to repair her seal or whatever is tucked away inside of her will control her permanently. Fox sat down in front of Verinnia and traced the place where her seal had once been and nodded in concern. Verinnia's cold eyes narrowed on her, causing a shiver to go up Fox's spine. Nodding again, she got back to her feet. Pulling her daggers from her sleeves, she swung them around on her fingertips and pointed north. Arivos got to his feet and nodded, "I know you don't like the idea, Fox. But I promise, they won't find out who you are. We'll get in, get medicine, and get out. And we'll go...well I don't really know where." He pondered this a moment as Verinnia got to her feet.

The capital! We need to get to the capital, I need to get paid. I should have been back long before now! How to sign this to them? Thinking quickly, Fox got on her knees and drew the castle in the sand with 'the capital' written underneath. The two looked on perplexed, but Fox just kept pointing excitedly.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 11:25 pm

"She wants to get into the capital, for reasons I am unsure." She said in her ghostly voice, "But also...if you are worried....about being seen, or noticedddd," Her voice echoed more noticeably when she spoke for longer periods of time. "I have a...temporary...way to hide you..., I could just alter your appearance." She said such a hard to swallow, to some people, thing right out front. "But no, Fox, we are going to the Elven city first....you will not be harmed.. I make that promise on my life, or that which empowers me."

Fox seemed frightened at her continous ghostly voice while Arivos began to worry what she would go to protect her, but was that an issue at the moment? "Come, let us travel." She said as she floated, not walked ten feet to the north. She stopped for a moment as she held a hand backwards. "Would you like to hold my hand? For some reason I feel compelled to do so." She said as she returned to hold Fox's hand.

"Fox," Came a normal Verinnia voice from within Fox's head, "Do not worry, I am fine, but do keep close eye on me, and if I am to really lose control, stab me with my own knife, or another ivory or silver knife, right in the heart, it will not kill me." And just as suddenly as the voice was there came, it vanished leaving her ghostly voice once more. "Well? Let us go," She said as if nothing had happened. She turned towards Arivos and said once more, "If we travel quickly we should not take too long to arrive, so shall we go?
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 11:41 pm

Arivos nodded towards Verinnia, though he was even more unsure he should trust her at the moment. "If what I've heard is correct, it should only take us a few hours to get to the border of Riven'Duros, or atleast the forest that hides there. Let's just hope it's more peaceful then the last forest we were in." With that he'd carefully placed his bow around his body and took the lead again, following absolutely no path north as there was no path to follow. His mind went back towards his dream. What if this blood is something they feared? A blood line they had banished? Might explain how my father gained me so easily, but who deliver me? The banshees? Was that their deal? Something to do with his plans and me. It was then he realized how stupid he had been, he could have asked them about the deal but in the fury of that night it never dawned on him. He knew his father had dealings with the undead, that's how he knew of the whistle but he had been kept in the dark about how evil and cruel their race really was. That was until four years ago. His mind shuttered as he thought of it and forced it from his mind.

Arivos turned to them, tossing each a water skin which they caught quite easily, "Keep them close and don't drink it all, reserve it. We don't know how far north this forest is but I promise, Fox, you'll be safe." Fox clearly still didn't like the idea of it but she had little choice as even Verinnia agreed to this. Arivos looked forward again, muttering under his breath. "Safe as long as Verinnia doesn't try and help again..." Verinnia perked up, head tilting to the side as she looked to Arivos, "What was that Arivos?" Arivos looked back as he kept walking, "Nothing, nothing, just commenting on the fact I gave an undead water. If you don't need it give some to Fox."
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 12:46 am

Her fingers loosely laced with Verinnia's. A chill went down Fox's spine as she felt the ice of Verinnia's skin. Their eyes locked for a moment, as if sensing her concern, Verinnia addressed her, "I am fine, Fox. Please do not worry for me. Continue on." Arivos had stopped for a moment to look at the two, but Verinnia's order had forced him onward. Whatever was going on with Verinnia was getting worse. They needed help. This wasn't the same girl Fox had risked her life to save, not the same girl she'd put her life on hold to protect. Where was that girl now? The innocent, fragile, little soul that needed a shoulder to lean against in the cold of the night. Fox hoped that as they walked towards their destination Verinnia would return to normal, but as it seemed, she only seemed to worsen. Her hair was now a full vibrant purple, flowing wildly behind her in the desert air. Her grip had gotten tighter on Fox's hand, making her almost afraid to hold on any longer. And her eyes were such a bright crimson that they could almost be used to light up the dark. It was high noon by the time they reached the desert's end. Arivos sighed in relief and went to sit under a nearby tree. The shade and cooler air was welcome over the hostile environment of the desert.

Verinnia led Fox to another tree and sat her down, letting go of her hand to sit opposite of her. She seemed so un-real now, her movements unnatural and robotic. Lowering her head, Verinnia seemed to have nodded off for a moment. Hurriedly, Fox got to her feet and came to sit in front of Arivos. Again she opened her mouth to speak, but not even a whisper escaped. Mouthing a curse, she went to write in the dirt. 'Seal' is all she drew, causing Arivos to raise an eyebrow. It wasn't until Fox pointed to Verinnia that it clicked.

"What about her seal?" he asked, exhaustion apparent in his tone. Fox pondered for a moment before grabbing a stick and snapping it in half, showing him the pieces. Realization crossed his face as she went on. Putting the two sticks back together, she held them together with her fingertips and pointed to the end result. "Fix the seal?" Arivos asked after a few minutes. Fox nodded and dropped the sticks. Scratching his chin, Arivos tossed a look over to Verinnia. "I agree that we have to find a way to re-seal her power, but how would we go about doing that?" he asked, his eyes falling back on Fox.

She pulled her hood to the side and pointed to her ears. Arivos threw his head back and laughed, "it's an undead seal! There's no way they'd know how to or even want to fix it. And besides, if they found out what she was it would be the end of all of us." Fox flipped him off, kicking dirt in his direction. I thought it was a decent plan, you damn jerk. I don't see you coming up with anything. Fox thought angrily. "I would suggest one of my contacts back in town, but seeing as you made a name for yourself there, I doubt I'll be heading there anytime soon." Fox flipped him off again. Pulling out her dagger, she pointed at it and shook her head before putting it away.

"What?" Arivos asked. He was getting sick of all this guessing. Pondering a moment, Fox made the gesture of slitting a throat and shook her head. "Oh, you didn't kill anyone...? Well then why the fuck did you sing?" he asked angrily, slamming his hand into the dirt. An amused smirk crossed Fox's face as she fell over soundlessly laughing. "Ah, amusement," he huffed, shaking his head at her. "We should not stay here any longer. The Elven Kingdom is not far from here. Come, Fox," Verinnia helped Fox to her feet and led her onward, Arivos quickly catching up and taking the lead.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:05 am

After only a few more hours of walking, a massive forest could be seen on the horizon through the duty winds of the desert. Surprisingly they had not run into much of anything of the wildlife although many a cacti had been passed to which they were able to scrounge some water out of from time to time, but this is not including some of the monsters they were able to see on the horizon of the desert, in any direction but the Elven city, mainly of which Diablos which seemed to be most common. As the forest came into view the three knew they were ever closer to getting Fox her treatment, but Verinnia was not showing so many signs of care in her current state although perhaps her hand toting of Fox could be an explanation of her care for Fox, at least from Arivos' eyes as Verinnia's true mind would speak to Fox from time to tim, trying to comfort her.

"When we arrive to the forest base, I will begin the alteration spell to change your appearence," Verinnia explained as they drew closer. "It will not last forever, and you must not dally." She said to which Fox wondered why she did not use the plural, 'we'. "Arivos will be your guide if it is neccecary to really keep low, but I do have trust that you will be safe."

Her haunting voice never changed throughout this whole trek across the desert, and it continuously ebbed on their minds wondering what she is going through, but neither seemed to want to voice their concerns to her, were they afraid of her, or what is inside her? Even if so, it was nearly too late to ask any questions as they finally arrived to the forest's basin where the sand met with a small stream as if a god had taken a pair of scissors to the land. "Fox, I need you to hold still." Verinnia said simply as her hand already began to glow with her green energies. Fox seemed to have a frightened look on her face, but without the ability to speak could not voice any objections, and as they were this close now she had no choice. Verinnia's hand became placed upon Fox's face as she ran her fingertips gently along her skin, changing it, morphing it into a smaller looking, and younger looking face. With her other hand she brushed against her ears which seemed to shrink to a human size while her hair became blonde. Not finished, and without taking a break in her stride of finger movements, she led her fingers now her chest, causing them to look smaller, going further making her waist slightly larger while continuing on down matching her legs to her new waist, and finally causing her petite feet to grow larger. This was all an illusion of course, but a powerful one at that as Fox could feel no different, and even looking at herself she could feel that she was still normal, just temporarily changed.

"Now for your clothes," She said once more as she waved her hands upon the fabric of her current clothes. She changed her upper body ti seem like it was wearing leather armor, suited for desert travel while wearing a long silken white skirt as she now wore sandals showing off just a bit of her skin in an attempt to show that she was now, 'human.'

"This should be fine," she said while looking towards the forest. "I will have to stay here, go on without me for now, be quick about it and come back to me, I am afraid I will be unable to enter the city walls at this current moment." She said without a hint of glum in her voice although perhaps Arivos and Fox could still feel the sadness that is in Verinnia real, dead, but real heart. "Arivos, protect her."
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:44 pm

Arivos stared at the new Fox and then looked to Verinnia, "You can't keep this spell on her. The elves will know and we don't need any more reason for them to distrust us, Verinnia, you have to undo it. I said I'd protect her but if they sense this spell on her, they will kill us. They'll already not trust me because of who I am, no sense in adding to that." His eyes shifted to the forest with a sense of uneasiness. Well, it can't get any worse, at least we won't be dealing with diablos in heat.

His eyes shifted between the two again, "Undo the spell Verinnia. There is no time, for all we no they saw you do it already. As little as I know about the elves I do know they watch their borders at all hours and our sight is far greater then any." Verinnia shook her head in response. "I will do no such thing." Arivos eyes closed for a moment as he grumbled under his breath before looking to Verinnia again, "It's Fox's call, not your's. If she wishes to keep this spell at even greater risk, fine, but you're coming with us. They can help you... maybe. Fox thinks they can repair your seal."

His eyes turned towards the forest once more, he swore he could see the elves there, just barely make out their figures looking at them from behind the trees. His eye sight was as good as their but it was never properly trained so he couldn't be sure. He couldn't yet see their grand city but that was of course the point of their forest. Beyond that he knew nothing. His father had kept him in the dark when it came to his people no matter how much he asked. He always said it wasn't for him to know though it never made any sense if Arivos was going to be the contact between his father and the elves. The trees were massive, larger then anything they had ever seen before, standing atleast a hundred feet tall. Despite this the forest didn't seem dark, the trees either didn't block out the sun or there was some sort of spell or magical presence creating light within the forest. It was actually quite beautiful as the leaves were a bright green, he could even see colorful flowers of all colors dotting the ground among the deep green grass.

Arivos stopped where he was and looked towards the two again, now refusing to go any further, "Your call, Fox. Are we going in with the spell on you? Or not? We need to make this choice here and now before we enter."
Back to top Go down
Sephira

Sephira

Character sheet
Test RPG:

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Fox looked onward into the forest. It glistened in ways she couldn't possibly have imagined before. Looking at the two, Arivos demanding the illusion be lifted and Verinnia stubbornly denying him. Fox shook her head. Pointing to her disguise, she nodded. She mouthed 'stay' as carefully as she could before squeezing Verinnia's hand and walking forward with Arivos. "This is a terrible idea, Fox," he mumbled as he took the lead. She punched his arm in disagreement, wishing deeply she could call him something foul instead of causing physical harm. But of course that was fine too. They walked for nearly an hour before they came across gloriously brilliant trees forged into buildings. The people seemed to blend in with their environment, but as soon as Fox and Arivos entered the lower part of the city, they saw that they were attracting attention.

"Come Fox, let's get to the lower slums. I know there will be someone down there that can give us some cheap medicine." They traveled close to the shadows as they descended into the slums of the city, which by comparison looked closer to a middle-upperclass neighborhood in a human city. Regardless of the looks though, the people were clearly not of the highest intelligence. They came across an older woman who was hunched over a table that had a tattered cloth and several bottles strewed across it. She looked up and smirked, "my, my, the human realms Elven duke graces us with his presence. And...this human woman...oh she's not human! My, my what powerful magic masks her. But not strong enough. Now, tell me why I shouldn't go running to the guard and report you two." Eyeing them suspiciously, she furrowed her brow, fingering the lace on one of her bottles. "Please, we just need some medicine. This girls voice was damaged severely in a battle and she needs a way to speak again. We need some medicines for travelers. And we also need...we need a way to repair an undead seal. I can pay..." Arivos whispered the last part, pulling a large bag from his back, dropping the jingling coin onto her table. The woman eyed them a moment, looking from side to side before directing them into her small home, which was behind her table. Once inside, she shut the door softly and looked around again, as if expecting the guard to come in and hear her.

After she was satisfied that they were alone, she went to the far side of the room which contained a large glass cabinet, inside were hundred of bottles filled with glowing contents. Skimming them for a moment, she pulled a bright yellow one from the top shelf and returned to the two. She handed it to Fox and whispered, "take this when you have dropped the magic and are far outside the limits of the city. It will put you in a deep sleep for nearly a day, but it will completely repair any damage to your body. I recommend drinking the whole thing as to fully repair your throat. It will be sore for several days and may not sound fully normal, but give it time." Fox held the bottle in her hands, squeezing it tight to her. The woman looked back at Arivos and frowned before grabbing a burlap bag and going to the other end of the room. This side held a closed cabinet which she ruffled through, filling it with this or that. After several minutes, the woman returned, handing the bag to Arivos. "This should heal whatever ails you," she whispered. She stepped away from him again, pouring the contents of the coin purse onto a small, dusty table in the middle of the room. She gasped at the large amount inside, covering her mouth quickly.

"What vast wealth you have here. And all in human coin...this is enough to move me out of this damnable district," she paused and stared at the two again. "Why do you need an undead's seal? Those are very powerful, used only to contain the strongest and most deadly of magicks," she warned. Arivos looked to Fox, who was too preoccupied with staring at the bottle to notice. "We have a friend who needs protection from...from herself. Please do you have anything?" Arivos asked, pulling another satchel of money from his back. The woman put her hand up and shook her head, "you've given enough. Yes I have something. This is a bit more dangerous than an undead seal but just as powerful. It's also harder to break, so I assume she will be held a bit longer. However, if she's as powerful as I sense, it won't hold her forever." She left them and went into a back room that neither had noticed until she'd departed into it. She returned several minutes later with a long paper in the shape of a sutra and handed it to Arivos. "Go now. Get out of the city. If I see you here again no amount of money will keep me from calling the guard on you!" Ushering them out of her home, she slammed the door, dust falling from the awning of the door.

Arivos looked at the sack and the sutra while Fox stared at her bottle. Their eyes met a moment before they nodded and ran off towards the entrance. Keeping to the shadows, their heads hidden, they disappeared through the same way they'd come. It took nearly half the time to return to Verinnia, whether that be because of fear or because she'd moved closer, but once they found her they knew she was worse. Her eyes were an eerie crimson and her skin was darkening in hue. Arivos approached Verinnia slowly, showing her the sutra. "We're going to place this on you, and you'll start to feel better, okay?" Arivos said in a hushed tone. Verinnia stared at it with emotionless eyes, almost daring Arivos to do it. Frustrated, Fox let out an angry sigh and grabbed the sutra, slamming it into Verinnia's gut. An electrical charge shot from the paper and completely encompassed her body, the symbol on the sutra disappeared just as Verinnia's eyes rolled into the back of her head and she collapsed. Arivos caught her in time and laid her down gently. "That was a little rough...but I guess it had to be done. I'll watch over the both of you, drink that."

Fox looked down at her bottle and swallowed in worry. Nodding, she unscrewed the cap, a bittersweet smell pouring from the opening. The illusion fell around her after a few moments, returning her to her normal self. Wrapping her fingers around a fire red curl, she sighed and looked back at her bottle. With a gulp, she swallowed the whole bottle and instantly felt the world go black.
Back to top Go down
Millia Hakumei

Millia Hakumei

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:04 pm

"Looks like we've become sealed again, Verinnia." Came a voice within a dark void of blackness. "It does seem as such," Came Verinnia's voice unaltered, and sounding completely normal. "To be honest I am fully glad of it." She said nonchalantly as a small view came to sight within her head. "And it seems I will be out for some time..... what seal was placed upon me?"

"Heh heh, straight to the point as usual, Verinnia." Came the grouchy demonic voice as he slowly came into view, but as if he was behind bars in Verinnia's mind. "I know you want me, so I will not mess with words any longer like I used to, when you were but a child." He said as he awaited a response, to which none was given causing his dark shadowy figure to smile, showing a dark gray mouth among the blackness. Sensing Verinnia's patience wearing thin he finally answered, "It's a Solomon seal, a god in relation to Anubis, and certainly not powerful enough to fully contain me, but you it will have an effect on, the effect I shall not tell you; afterall, I only care that you live, not become strong enough to overpower me, and soon as you make that one little mistake, I shall take you completely and I will finally kill that bitch of a mother of yours."

Verinnia smiled towards that as she responded with glee, "That is a thing we both want, Astaroth, and yes, you are not a complete waste of my space, in fact I like having you inside me, but what I do NOT like is that child of a demon that Akiko put into me."

Suddenly a high pitched and creepy sounding young girl's voice came from behind Verinnia. "Do you think I'd want to be in here?" She asked with menace. "If it was up to me I would of gotten out of here by now, especially after that new seal has been placed upon you."

"What do you know of this, Astaroth?" Verinnia asked strongly as she turned back around to face the darkness to which he just laughed as he spoke, "You know I will not help you, I am just a spectator who will stop you from completely...dieing...heh heh heh."

"Alice?" Verinnia turned around once more, "What is it?" She asked without fear, but wanting the knowledge purely.

"Well it is a seal related to Anubis..., and I would hate to share a space with him, although I am not saying he is here now, but you never with such a amature placement of that seal, so just watch out as the same goes for me, if you die, I die." Alice finished speaking as the world around them began to vanish slowly.

"Well I am waking up now it seems, so see you all when I see you." She said without waving or addressing any of them, but looking towards Alice who had a malicious smile on her young looking face.
Back to top Go down
Phyzzle

PostSubject: Ar   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Arivos stared down at Verinnia then looked towards Fox who had by now passed out under a tree. They had stuck close to the elven forest, not wanting to go into the desert again and not sure what they're plans were now. He had sat by a tree, the wilderness of the elven forest behind them and the desert in front of them.

Arivos sighed softly, speaking in a dry yet mildly annoyed tone. "Why am I always the one watching over these two." Verinnia seemed to not have heard this as she had just woke up. They hadn't stayed long enough for Arivos to find anything out about his dream but he had thought it best anyways, they didn't need elves hunting them down as well. The night was cool, calm and quiet for a change. The moon light night lacking any clouds for the stars to hide behind and Arivos found himself smiling as he was finally able to relax. The night air was cool yet not enough to for them to be chilly. The sounds of the forest could be heard, it was almost relaxing while the windy sounds of the desert were heard barely from the distance. "So, Verinnia...? How are you feeling?" His eyes shifted to her as she sat beside Fox, smiling like she used to. "I... feel, better!" That innocent, nervous girl seemed to be back. Arivos was still not too sure but mild paranoia was part of his nature.

"Well... the way I see it, we have two options. We had back to the capital and do whatever Fox had wanted to do there, most likely payed for some job. Usually the well playing jobs are found there more then anywhere else. Or we can seek out the undead who had been trailing us thus far." He said it casually and hushed as his eyes shifted towards the western border of forest. When Verinnia looked she could see nothing and she'd look back to him. "W-w-what? What kind of undead? Is it my brother? More banshees?" Arivos shook his head slightly.

"Stay calm, Verinnia, there is a reason they're following us but it's not your brother and it's not banshees. It's not one of their assassins either or else they'd have tried for our lives already. It may be one of their defectors, a number of the undead have been trying to form up their own kingdom, if that's who they are then they're here for you." Verinnia seemed confused at this, her head tilting slightly as she waited for him to continue. "Think about it, Verinnia... this is the first time an undead has had such power, no doubt it's been spread around the undead kingdom, that's why your brother showed up. The Banshee queen is worried, she may even fear you."

Verinnia remained silent as she looked back towards the west, she could swear she saw something dart into the tree line as soon as she looked but she couldn't be certain. All the while Arivos had pulled out a long, elven pipe he had gotten while they were in the city, stuffing it with something like tobacco and began puffing on it. He seemed strangely calm for someone who knew they were being followed. This was further shown as he calmly blew out a near perfect ring of smoke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Medieval Struggle   The Medieval Struggle - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Medieval Struggle
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Roleplay :: Roleplay :: Raziel's Domain-
Jump to: